Suikoden Ugly and Informational Kibbutz Oblique Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

PM boxes

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sage

The Invincible Weeds

803820 Potch
0 Soldiers
2 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 5:11 pm    Post subject: PM boxes Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Were the PM boxes recently cleared? Most of my savebox has disappeared as did a good deal of my inbox and sentbox. I didn't do it myself.

Sword Brothers

6894145 Potch
200 Soldiers
91 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Everything beyond my first page of messages in my inbox disappeared and I know a couple of others in Tinto experienced something like this as well, I just figured it was something of a clean out.

Cry woe, destruction, ruin, and decay -
The worst is death, and death will have his day.
Vextor

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah, I cleaned out very old PMs. Sorry for the lack of warning, but I didn't think anybody would actually need PMs that are more than a few months old.

It also takes up space in the database.
Ley

Username

441125 Potch
0 Soldiers
550446 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I take it there's no way to get any of those messages back at all is there?
Sage

The Invincible Weeds

803820 Potch
0 Soldiers
2 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

No big deal. Warning would have been nice, but I didn't lose anything life altering.

And it was erased so no, you cannot get anything back.

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Oh no, I do have backups of the site for every week, so indeed the info exists in the form of backups. However, if I use the backups, the forum will revert to its previous form, which would suck in multiple levels.

Sorry folks, I guess you can blame me for not communicating, but I didn't think anybody would actually keep anything of any value within their PM save boxes, especially because the database has fucked up a number of times in the past. There will be warnings in the future before I erase old PMs though.
Aesa

Those Who Slumber

427118 Potch
250 Soldiers
5 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I have a suggestion, and this is for any thing you want to warn us about or give us a message about. While it would take up more space, you could add an "Announcements" link on the list of things on the side that would change to (New Announcement) by the Unanswered Post, ect links. Just an idea...

The setting sun means the rise of a new day...
...excepting for Ragnarok, of course

~Tinto~
Username

Kanaria, Most Intelligent Rozen Maiden

591783 Potch
0 Soldiers
4561620 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Eh, I didn't lose anything too bad. Good to know what happen to those Pms though.

The pursuit of symmetry... Death The Kid, Patty and Liz.

SSBB Friend Code: Ace / 4339-2163-7352
Eden

Private Godwin Army

558571 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I have lost the very first PM I recieved... that isn't too bad, but I had an emotional reason to keep at as I kept some other stuff. I am glad next time we will be warned, because due to a lack of opportunity I have saved things like my old banner nowhere. I don't have an own computer or internet access at a private place, therefore I kept everything in my inbox. Now I know I will have to find a way to safe it anywhere else as well.

The Fool
Aurelien

1567728 Potch
0 Soldiers
157 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Eden, if you need a private space, you can always registered at Gmail, and keep on sending email to your own Gmail account. Attach things that you need to save and stuff. It should be big enough to keep what you need. ^^

~City-States of Jowston and Tinto Republic~
06.06.2004 - 20.01.2008

Eden

Private Godwin Army

558571 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Thank you for your help, Aurelien. I have never heard of Gmail, but I will certainly give it a try, because even I have some PMs that I would like to keep, because they are worth it :mrgreen:

The Fool
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Site Technical issues Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: