Suikoden Ugly and Infamous Kosher Original Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Disgaea I or Disgaea II
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Alucard

Blood Crusaders

2016645 Potch
214 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 7:27 am    Post subject: Disgaea I or Disgaea II Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

There is a big discussion which one of those 2 games is the best one, while one person says that volume I is good and volume II isn't even worth touching, the other says the complete opposite.

What would be the advice and oppinion on this forum?

Regards
Mr. Alucard the vague forum junky

Proud Blade of the Nameless Lands, Alucard, Blade of Shadows
Firefly

Wednesday's Army

20952 Potch
328 Soldiers
225 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Disgaea I is a classic, and in my opinion, better than Disgaea II.

I think DI has the better storyline and characters, although Disgaea II improved on the battle system a little.

5907 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Makai Kingdom.

Anyway, Disgaea I is indeed a classic, and I'd recommend it to anyone...Even though I haven't exactly played Disgaea II yet......yeah......play Makai Kingdom. :D

Custodiae Corvi

4092785 Potch
200 Soldiers
20 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 3:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'd pick Disgaea I over the sequel. The second game didn't really bring anything new storywise to the franchise. It was still a fun game but just looked like an upgraded rehash of the first game.

JutsuNinjas

1161 Potch
4 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The First One had better storyline in my thoughts, but the second gave some fair add-ons but i think it was not that good compared to the first one.
hotspot

Dawlight

147042 Potch
53 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I like disgaea 2 better, i think disgaea 1 is a little plain and dull and its a little hard becuase your characters aren't that strong and the enemies are very tough, the characters attacks are also not that strong, i also dont like the thief class in disgaea 1.

Although there is one thing i dont like about disgaea 2 and thats the archer's voice, they sound like they are sick when they attack, i like the archers in disgaea 1 better they sound more normal and there battle stance is better.
Rakuna

Silver Wind

29744 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I never got to finish the first one, but I can say that I liked the story in Disgaea I better.
The one thing I missed battle-wise in II was the lack of geo symbol paths, if you know what I'm talking about. Other than that, I like the system in II more than I.
Goldy

Kooluk Companions

543627 Potch
467 Soldiers
4141829 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 5:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Disgaea: Hour of Darkness (Disgaea 1) all the way! It was a laugh a minute for me with the character dialogue. :)
Yitan

22146 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

That's hard to say... Disgaea 1 has better characters and the story is good and very funny. But Disgaea 2 has more options in the battle system, the characters are good (not as good as the ones in Disgaea 1) and the story is far better than the story of Disgaea 1, but not so funny.

I can't say, I love both games... But the first one is very special to me (just because Laharl is the PWNZ0R), but that's all.

Truth

213998 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The one that is LESS of a grindfest is the one that is better.
Delsaber

New Gaien Wildcards

132495 Potch
1660 Soldiers
2625 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I prefer the story and characters of the original, although the sequel was more of a polished product in general. Combine the two. Problem solved.
kuwaizair

blauuurgggh!

174392 Potch
0 Soldiers
1291 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Goldy wrote:
Disgaea: Hour of Darkness (Disgaea 1) all the way! It was a laugh a minute for me with the character dialogue. :)

ditto.

I'm playing Disgaea2 at the momment, I find it a lot more noisey, the theif's giggles are irritating.

I'm afraid its going to disapoint me, or try to hard to live up to the first.

somone said Maki Kingdom is good, is it hard to find? I have La Pucelle tactics that I haden't finished (owch its hard)

anway I love the throw system in Disgaea, I got so used to it, I went looking for it in Suikoden Tactics.

what I don't seem to like, or not know if it exists is if you can choose your facing in Disgaea.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Yitan

22146 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 4:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

You can choose your facing in both Disgaea 1 and Disgaea 2 with the square button. Put the cursor over and ally, then hold down the square button and use the directional buttons to choose the facing.

Defender of Highland

371188 Potch
2170 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 6:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I didn't play the original Disgaea, but I've read plenty about it.

In response to your question, neither comes even close to the 'It's not worth touching' game. As far as comparisons go, those who like the original Disgaea usually do so because they like the humor and the characters in it more while those who like Disgaea 2 like the well polished battle system.
As far as this humor thing goes, I'd agree that the story for Disgaea 2 sounds a lot less funny than the story of Disgaea 1. While Disgaea 2 does have characters like Axel, Tink and Rozalin, all I have to do is to read the antics of Laharl, Etna and Flonne to laugh and I haven't even played the game.
Battle wise though, I don't think there's much of a comparison. Once you take into account that Disgaea 2 allows you to skip the animations of the skills when all you want to do is to keep grinding, you've already got it half made right there.

Haia's Star Pupil

678159 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Disgaea 1 was awesome for the fact that it had so much comedy in a game genre that was lacking in that department. It was very well done and it was amusing playing the son of the devil going around and trying to be evil on purpose. Disgaea 2 never really engaged me, the interchanges between the main characters were generally pretty dull and the whole game sorta left me wanting for the old Laharl/Etna/Flonne story. IMO go with the first game all the way.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: