Suikoden Unique and Infamous Kosher Objective Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Suikoden's Mysteries
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
iGeorg_Prime

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 11:09 pm    Post subject: hmmm... Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Some unsolved mysteries id like somewhat resolved..

1. Jeane's Back story
2. Yubbie and Purgy of course
3. Vicki...maybe...we already know enough of her to NOT want to know more
4. Who really is eresh, zerase

hey do you guys think, as ive said in other posts that since jeane is a sindar(jus spec) that eresh is a sindar too?
TruePerception

Blind Eye

478325 Potch
1000 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I would say Ancient Armesian is more likely, given the new info that came with Eresh (or rather, new mysteries)

Daily Funny Award for May 1st, 2008
jowy220

Location: highland royal plaza (sleeping in the bed with jilia)
0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 5:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

konami love to make us (suikofans) always asking questions about the secrets in each suiko game ,and that's make me mad ,i just want to know those secrets already
spacelion139

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 2:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

agree
skymansxeno

30626 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 7:28 am    Post subject: Re: Suikoden's Mysteries Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

If Konami doesn't start to give some real answers on these mysteries (especially the bigger ones like Pes and Yuber) they have a real problem. They claim they visit these forums and yet I haven't seen any real attempt to answer our questions.

If you are listening Konami I give you warning: Most Suikoden fans patience is coming to end. I have been at these Suikoden forums since S3 and ever since IV was released you have been losing fans and mostly because of this crap.
Rezard

215744 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 2:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Suikoden's Mysteries Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think we should consider in these discussions the latest info. See answer number #5 from the question we asked:

Quote:
Question #5: If Suikoden Tierkreis is the future of the series can we expect to get any form of resolution to the unanswered questions of the old series?
Konami: It is too early to say but it will depend on how the games progress in the future, but we would like to resolve many of Suikoden’s mysteries.

Two considerations:
- I think they have doubts about Suikoden and had Tierkreis as a test;
- the only reason to make a suikoden in the old world is to explain the suikoden mysteries. If not for this, it is better to do a new game in a new world, giving more freedom to game developers(dont have to study the lore and stablished rules).

After Suikoden V's poor sales, we(and Konami also) all realized Suikoden was not a eternal series, fans got old, the gameplay is getting old, there has been very few reinvention since SIII, the franchise cant take much more.
Realize that Konami just admitted they want to resolve [size=150:2s2tlpyn]many
Mysteries and not [size=150:2s2tlpyn]all the Mysteries. I think this enough proof that they dont want to stretch the game too long and dont see the game as infinte series like Final Fantasy anymore.

If they decide to continue the game, what seriously have no idea if they will, I expect full atention on answering as many mysteries as possible. I think it is possible a even rushed Suikoden title, with as many True runes as possible, aswering as much questions as possible. Maybe a Suikoden in Harmonia leaving an open ending if they think the rpg fans could want more later.

[quote="skymansxeno":2s2tlpyn]They claim they visit these forums and yet I haven't seen any real attempt to answer our questions.
They do? Where did you see this?
skymansxeno

30626 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 11:01 am    Post subject: Re: Suikoden's Mysteries Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Some time ago in an interview they mentioned they do have people who visit these types of fan sites from time to time to see what the fans have to say (both Japanese and NA). I don't know how often or if they really even listen to what the fans are talking about. But really that's a common practice I imagine. Believe it or not my brother is in the gaming biz and they like to see how the fans are reacting.
jowy220

Location: highland royal plaza (sleeping in the bed with jilia)
0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

well they should because we are the ones playing the game,and we make the game stay or stop (i mean release)
so they most know what's our opinion on the game, so they make adjustment
Rezard

215744 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 8:05 am    Post subject: Re: Suikoden's Mysteries Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

[quote="skymansxeno":3ao3o1p8]Some time ago in an interview they mentioned they do have people who visit these types of fan sites from time to time to see what the fans have to say (both Japanese and NA). I don't know how often or if they really even listen to what the fans are talking about. But really that's a common practice I imagine. Believe it or not my brother is in the gaming biz and they like to see how the fans are reacting.

If that is true, than Suikoden V was done stricly doing what we wanted at the time and it didnt turn very well (since it didnt sell too well), I remember what kind of criticism was made at the time. I guess Konami shouldnt be paying much attention to what we say after that.
skymansxeno

30626 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 7:08 am    Post subject: Re: Suikoden's Mysteries Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Sales wise Suikoden V most likely did poorly because of: 1) Suikoden IV was a major let down and many fans left 2) Many fans just got older and abandoned the series. 3) Konami did not advertise worth a crap.

While yes it may have also done poorly because it was seen as the same old but most likely it was combination of the three. The reason I say this because from what I have seen both here and Japan Suikoden V had both good fan and critical reaction (certainly story wise).
JetTheHellfire

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 1:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Assuming they continue with the main series, I'd like to see more info on some of the characters. I'm not really concerned about Jeane or Viki, but it would be nice to learn more about Geddoe and his crew, the Silverberg family (not really a mystery, but just my curiosity), Yuber & Pes, and the long lost wandering heroes and what's become of them after we saw them last. It would also be nice to know what happened to the Runes that have gone missing or otherwise unaccounted for after the games.

I like a bit of mystery, but if things go too long without at least a tidbit of info then it just feels neglected. I like that we've been given a little about Jeane and Viki here and there to keep our interests, but other (and IMO more important) issues have gone unresolved. Did Barb & Windy die or did they teleport off someplace? Why has Pes been chasing Yuber? And just how was Sarah born with a rune stuck in her head (that whole thing seemed weird to me)?

Inquiring minds want to know...
The_Sun_Rune

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

eilie have has a face cause she is a supporting character in aan isolated story about riou, koh, and mcdohl. hey hey, I saw a suikoden III manga at www.mangafox.com haha it ranked 4600th so please support it
The_Sun_Rune

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

hey hey, I saw a suikoden III manga at www.mangafox.com haha it ranked 4600th so please support it
iGeorg_Prime

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 5:24 am    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

[quote="The_Sun_Rune":1yph0ncq]hey hey, I saw a suikoden III manga at http://www.mangafox.com haha it ranked 4600th so please support it

nuuuu! :o

Can't wait for Suikoden VI :D
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: