Suikoden Urgent and Illusional Kosher Old Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Suikoden's Mysteries
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ryusei

Kotetsu

114213 Potch
8500 Soldiers
510 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 4:02 am    Post subject: Suikoden's Mysteries Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

No, this isn't one of those Jeane threads, nor it isn't one of those Hugo's father threads, nor is it one of those Yuber and Pesmerga threads. This topic is about the mysteries themselves in general.

We do know that Suikoden has a lot of unsolved mysteries. These mysteries range from small mysteries like "Who is Fu Su Lu's father?" to more intriguing ones like "Is Hikusaak dead?" and "What are Yuber and Pesmerga's true identity?" But what I would like to discuss about is will we ever get our answers to all of these mysteries by the time the Suikoden series ends.

By the looks of things, I don't think we'll get our answers yet. By each installment we get, we receive some answers to our mysteries and along with these answers, we get new mysteries to speculate. If this pattern continues to go on, we will just repeat the cycle of getting answers and mysteries -> speculating about the mysteries -> getting answers and mysteries again and so forth.

I think the only way we could get our answers is by the time the series ends. But will we really get the answers to all of our questions at the end of the road? What do you think?
Scarlet Assassin

Disciples of Death

331436 Potch
0 Soldiers
2442517 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 4:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

THe end is unforseeable and with the original creator leaving the staff, I doubt we'll see the answers to any of the big questions, or at least not the original answers. I doubt Konami will make a game intending for it to be the final suikoden so I doubt we'll see most of the answers and I doubt we'll see inside of Harmonia.

Chief of Beat-em-up Honeys Division, Devoted Protector of Lady Tifa Lockhart
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Shula_Vayla

68234 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 4:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It's seems like some of the bigger mysteries, like 'Who are Pesmerga and Yuber' won't be answered, unless Konami starts to bring them back into the series. Pesmerga only appeared with minor roles in the first two games, and Yuber while having a growing role from his first appearance in Suikoden to his last appearance in Suikoden III, hasn't appeared in the last three games.

The bigger mysteries I'd like explained are mostly about the geography of the Suikoworld, and about some of the characters like Hikusaak, Viki, and even Roundier Haia. But I'd like to know about Kanakan to see if it's an actual nation, or just a small island off the coast of Toran or Kooluk.

Konami has surprised me before, with remembering little bits of facts and putting old references in the series, so I there is definately a possibility that we will get alot of things answered, but who knows. It all depends on when the next games timeline is. If it's before Five, but after Four/Tactics there probably won't be alot of things solved. But if happens closer to the later timelines or even after Three, then there's a much better chance.
PesmergaS

Fallen Angel

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Whta I believe is that Suikoden 4 and 5 are just "watering up" the real stories and mysteries. We have many new characters and events, but most of those characters' mysteries are solved within the game itself, there are few real mysteries. MAybe one example of that are Troy and Zerase. We know that both of the are Children of the Sea God, but we know nothing of their past, or their real power. We don't know anything about what is a Child of the Sea God, or what the Sea God really is. Those are the types of mysteries that were "created" in Suikoden 1, 2 and 3. What I believe is that the reason for that is Murayama's leaving in the middle of the Suikoden 3 production. I think they are still trying to find a proper course of action to match the original idea of the series, or simply buying time while trying to get Murayama back into Suikoden production. I think that there will only a proper ending to the series if they bring back the original creator into the production of the games. All in all I think the only thing we could od is to wait and see how much we'll find out, and if those acknowlegments will surprise us.

68234 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Wait, Zerase is a "Child of the Sea God" as well? When and where is this said? I thought she was more like Leknaat's role. A Keeper of Balance, Wander of the Stars, and things like that.

The Sea God thing seems to just be a title, rather than an actual thing. If I remember correctly Troy was an orphan, and for an Orphan to grow up, and become such a power fighter and General/Admiral the more common folk will start rumors that he's a child of the sea god or some such. So it's more rather of a legend or rumor of praise, rather than the actual thing.
Tullaryx

Custodiae Corvi

4092785 Potch
200 Soldiers
20 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Why even want to have some of these on-going mysteries to be solved or resolved. I call it the Boba Fett syndrome. Everyone wanted so much to know Boba Fett's origins that Lucas finally relented and gave the fans what they wanted. In the end, the resolution to that mystery was less than spectacular. I say solve these mysteries only if it fits into the storyline of the next game in the series. Plus, keeping such things unsolved keeps people like us busy discussing theories and potential answers.

imaginary soldiers

935122 Potch
0 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I agree with Tullaryx, but I'm still intrigued on the whole Yuber and Pesmerga mystery
Failure_Urn

[SPECTATOR]

672039 Potch
0 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think Konami isnt going to make any mystery from SI or SII a major part of their new games as alot of people out there would not know whats going on, unless they used a bunch of flashbacks or something. That is not so say they will not be answerd but i dont think they will take center stage. Also i think when we see the "bigger" mysteries being closed will be the time we see the series it's self close, unless they bring in new "big" mysteries.

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

There are certain things that Suikoden will always keep a mystery as a string of unanswered questions, mainly to keep us hooked on it and asking ourselves lots of "what if?" questions, it's also seems to have become one of Suikoden's trademarks to leave massive gaps in a character's past or just plain be vague about certain things.
blueflame

Blue Rookies

294148 Potch
4022 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 7:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hey, I'm new to this thing :D so this is my first post. Good luck to me! Anyway, I agree with Seraphblade about the Pesmerga and Yuber thing. I would like to see their past and where it ends. Pesmerga should have a big role at some point like the one who'll finish Yuber up or something like that. Anyway, I hope I did a good job with this post.
Noot

Faithers of the Defend

186551 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 7:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I don't understand why fans want these mysteries to be resolved in the first place. To me, it makes the mythology of the game that much more intriguing because we DON'T have a definite answer regarding certain characters and plot lines. If they came right out and said who/what Pesmerga and Yuber really are, they would immediately become boring... unless that answer opened up a string of other questions, of course.

In Suikoden V, we got a closer look at Jeane's character and a hint into what her character is really all about. But at the end, we didn't really learn TOO much about her to take away her appeal. That's just fine with me. I personally don't care if we ever see Pesmerga and Yuber again, but if we did, I hope their story is handled in a similar way to Jeane's--just give us a little taste, but don't give us too much to make them uninteresting (or rather, to make them even more uninteresting than they already are).

So I say, leave some stuff unfinished. Leave some stuff open to interpretations and give us a chance to make crazy theories. Let us try and piece the puzzles together with the sparse clues that are provided rather than flat out tell us what's going on. The overall mythology of the game will be better for it.

It's hard to bargle naudle zauss with all these marbles in my mouth.
blueflame

Blue Rookies

294148 Potch
4022 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 3:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

If they closed the whole story about Yuber and Pesmerga, then it was pointless to even make Pesmerga a Star of Destiny. I agree with you on the thing about they should make it like Jeane but they shouldn't close it. There are some stories that you can close but not this one. It would wreck the whole point of Pesmerga being part of the story. They should make it something like the Clive subplot or some really hard subplot because if ever they did, I'll really do that subplot even how hard it is.
Ujitsuna

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 6:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Servo wrote:
So I say, leave some stuff unfinished. Leave some stuff open to interpretations and give us a chance to make crazy theories. Let us try and piece the puzzles together with the sparse clues that are provided rather than flat out tell us what's going on. The overall mythology of the game will be better for it.

We don't even have to ask Konami for this, I bet they're planning to do it anyway. :P
Scar

Scar's Scourge

24083 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Here's another mystery~

When are we going to see Edge again?

i mean, they barely gave him a story in 3, and he is carrying around the Star dragon Sword.

it just seems likely that he would pop up again....

Hopefully. lol
blueflame

Blue Rookies

294148 Potch
4022 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

We'll probably see him again when vampires appear. Probably, like Sierra will get in a bloodrage or something like that and turn a whole village into vampires. Its possible but I doubt that. I don't think Edge needs a story. All of the vampires have been wiped out aside from Sierra right? Here's a mystery whos that ellie (Banner Village in Suikoden 2). Why does she have a face?
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: