Suikoden Unique and Infamous Kosher Orgazmic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Tenkai's Bodyguard
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden VI Speculation & Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ryusei

Kotetsu

114213 Potch
8500 Soldiers
510 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 6:26 am    Post subject: Tenkai's Bodyguard Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

We always have them, it seems. We had Gremio, Nanami, Cecile, Lyon, and uhh... Snowe(?) for our Tenkai bodyguards in the past. This thread is for our predictions on who or what will be the next Tenkai Bodyguard. Who/what would you like to see as the next bodyguard? How do you picture he/she will look like? What kind of relationship do you predict he/she will have with the Tenkai?

I'd like to see a dog as the next bodyguard. Dogs are man's best friend, right? I think it'd be pretty interesting if we get a hound to play the Tenkai's bodyguard role, something like Kinnison and Shiro.
Demon Eyes Kyo

Crimson Crusaders

260069 Potch
250 Soldiers
25 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 7:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

An animal would be interesting. Maybe a talking bird like from Grandia II? >_>

Return that soul to God.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
John Layfield

Last Literature D-Line

509933 Potch
9300 Soldiers
3525 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 7:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

If it's an animal, then they'll make it a Star of Destiny and then I'll throw another hissy fit. Damn animal stars.
One day, I shall come back. Yes, we shall all come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.
Ujitsuna

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

They follow that traditional stereotype of loving the hero sooo much as if he was in their own family and loving them sooo much they'd do anything but at the same time be exceedingly strong, then they'd die at the end of the game or something, it happens.
AA

Spears of the Sand

366104 Potch
200 Soldiers
3121 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well the role of the bodyguard is also to be the voice of the hero since they don't actually talk themselves (while they do but you never hear them) so unless the animal is a parrot or a ... tape recorder >.> then we lose a facet of what the companion star is there for.

That said i would quite like to see a twin brother/sister get the role could add an extra dimension somewhere down the line in a sialeeds style.
CAPTAIN PLANET

Headstrong

317417 Potch
2460 Soldiers
500 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I would have considered Lyon as a sibling to the Prince. Ferid himself says she's practically his third child!

I would like to see perhaps someone who isn't related by blood, adoption, or marriage to be the Tenkai's bodyguard. And certainly not an animal. I mean, animals are cool and everything...but being a bodyguard is a big thing in Suikoden. Like mentioned above, they are the voice the Tenkai doesn't have.

I'd like to see someone less...peppy. Gremio was pretty peppy when he wasn't all worried over everything. Nanami, Cecile, and Lyon were all uberly peppy. Snowe..he was too full of himself to be peppy. I'd like to see someone like Zerase, who is dark, mysterious, negative, never smiles...it would be interesting to see that kind of character with a huge role like being a body guard.
ard, save the dirty talk for when we meet!
AA

Spears of the Sand

366104 Potch
200 Soldiers
3121 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

If the character was like Zerase then most of the time would be filled with ".... i dont want to tell you what he said..." I think there needs to be a certain amount of "pep" in order for them to have their on personality and in some way also convey the personality of the hero.

The friends thing works fine, but also there can be multiple bodyguards, riou had jowy before nanami came along, Lazlo had Snowe for a small time till Lino semi took on the role, even the Prince exchanged his bodyguard a couple of times.
Flamo Bringer

Flamo-chan

11929 Potch
150 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Maybe a funky old man like Wilhelm who is also a pervert to make the story more interesting :)
or some more of those Georg and Sialeeds love birds 8-)
Aurelien

1567728 Potch
0 Soldiers
157 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'd like a bodyguard type of character that is not too overly protective of the Tenkai Star. It's one thing to look after the Tenkai Star, but it's a different thing to go all-out "I'll protect you, I'll die for you, I'll do anything for you", and I really really really wish that the next bodyguard would be more laid back. Have some confidence in the Tenkai Star and realize that the Tenkai Star is the main character and therefore they'd need the spotlight.

Instead of someone who would like to force their way into the party, it'd be better if it's someone who offered their help in a "I'd come along if you need me, but if you don't want me, that's fine too. Just be careful, yo" manner.

As for the relationship with the Tenkai Star, I really want the bodyguard to be the Master/Teacher of the Tenkai Star. That way it would suit well with my wish of having the bodyguard as someone who isn't overly protective because they'd know what the Tenkai Star is capable of doing, and they would still be able to fulfill the role of the "voice of the Tenkai Star".

I think in a sense, this bodyguard can be more like Viktor earlier part of Suikoden I, and Suikoden II, and like Georg in the earlier part of Suikoden V. But instead of being an 'outsider', they'd be someone who is close enough to the Tenkai Star.

~City-States of Jowston and Tinto Republic~
06.06.2004 - 20.01.2008

Tonberry

The Tonberry Eggsperience

1819401 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'd love to see an animal or an animal person (Kobold, Winger, etc.). I'm frankly tired of so many humans in every video game that I play. In fact, the reason why I love Final Fantasy IX so much is because there is only one true human main character. I just get tired of the same old types of characters appearing time and again. With 108 characters to make, why not make 40 or 50 of them animals. Honestly, if Konami tried, they could make some animals with more character than the main characters in any of the silent hero games. It's not hard to give an animal a personality, and if they did, they'd be opening the door to many more original characters. I mean, humans are nice, since I am one of them, but they do get boring.

Let's go with a Kobold. Gau was Duke's bodygaurd, right? We could have a similar relationship with a Tenkai and a bodygaurd in the new game. That would most certainly make my day. Heck, I'd be happy for something other than a human for a Tenkai. It would be nice to see a dwarf or an elf trying to save their homeland from human invaders or something along those lines. I digress. Bottom line: not human.
Sophita

The Wee Kitty Grand Duke Defense Brigade

498078 Potch
1330 Soldiers
2725 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 2:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I don't mind the sentient races like the Kobolds or some such (Though I think they're all rather one note), but I'd hate a game where over 1/3rd of the Stars of Destiny were characters like freaking Feather or Fubar.

SCII month continues! DueFiumi.com
John Layfield wrote:
But bubbles... children love bubbles! XD
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Aurelien

1567728 Potch
0 Soldiers
157 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 4:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

What worries me with a game having majority of non-humans is that it'd most likely end up being racial issue (as in, the war would become "humans vs non-humans") rather than the complicated issue that could be represented by human grey villain.

In Suikoden I: Tir against his own home country (and also his own father)
In Suikoden II: Riou against his own home country (and also his best friend)
In Suikoden III: Three-way conflict and later on against someone who thought he's saving the world
In Suikoden IV: Lazlo against Kooluk and his best friend (least grey villain in this game)
In Suikoden V: Freyjadour against his own home country (and also his little sister)

As you can see, excluding Suikoden IV (which seemed to be quite different and least liked among many Suikoden fans), every other Suikoden game has the element of conflict that was caused by the grey villain. Teo McDohl was simply being a villain because he is very loyal to Barbarossa. Jowy was being a villain because he had different idea of how to obtain peace, and so on.

But if we were to make it a "non-humans vs humans conflict", then I would find it very difficult to have a grey villain that would make the conflict realistic. Since we're going to be on the non-human side, then the enemy would be the humans. As we know, most, if not all, non-humans don't like humans. If the villain is a human, then they're going to be portrayed as a real villain (therefore to support the idea that we're on the "right side" and that the non-humans needed our support). If the human villain is portrayed as a good character and being grey villain, then it'd be very frustrating to play on the non-human side since their hatred toward the villain would only be caused by the race rather than conflicting ideals.

I think I don't mind having more non-human characters in the future Suikoden games, but I would most definitely prefer the humans to still be the majority. Humans are the majority in the Suikoden world anyways.

While I really enjoy Final Fantasy IX as well, that game works very differently than Suikoden. Final Fantasy has always been about "our group" (just the 6-9 playable characters) and that's that. Who cares about the NPCs? We can have a group of monkey-tail boy, ratwoman, shadowy black mage, a thing that eats everything especially frogs, etc and we'll still save the world. However, in Suikoden things work differently. NPCs play a big part. We always need support of the people. Therefore the playable characters' races matter. Frey is a Prince, but would he be able to get any support from the Beavers and the Dwarves just because he's a Prince? No, he would't. Why? Because he's a human. He had to get the support through the hard way to break down the barrier. On the other hand, going back to Final Fantasy IX, who cares if Freya is a rat-woman, who cares if Quina is a something, you're friends with Garnet and she's cool with Cid, so we got to borrow the airship.

So to me, humans should still be the integral part of a Suikoden game. This is not to say that the bodyguard must be a human though. I am very open with the idea of seeing a human Tenkai Star who maybe learned Archery from the Elves, and therefore the bodyguard is an Elf. Who knows.

~City-States of Jowston and Tinto Republic~
06.06.2004 - 20.01.2008

Ryusei

Kotetsu

114213 Potch
8500 Soldiers
510 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 6:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I can see your points for not wanting an animal bodyguard. I haven't noticed that. Thanks for making me understand.

With that said, I like Flamo Bringer's idea of a type of bodyguard. I think funny and jolly guy like Wilhelm would sure make for an interesting bodyguard.
CAPTAIN PLANET

Headstrong

317417 Potch
2460 Soldiers
500 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Sophita wrote:
I don't mind the sentient races like the Kobolds or some such (Though I think they're all rather one note), but I'd hate a game where over 1/3rd of the Stars of Destiny were characters like freaking Feather or Fubar.

XD You wouldn't want 1/3rd of the stars to screech, hoot, and howl?
ard, save the dirty talk for when we meet!
Rezard

215744 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

What if we invert the situation? We have a tenkai who is a noble's bodyguard.
He will eventually became the leader of an army, but it could be interesting for while.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden VI Speculation & Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: