Suikoden Uncouth and Irenic Keystone Orgazmic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Old games which you still play up to now
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ryusei

Kotetsu

114213 Potch
8500 Soldiers
510 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 6:14 am    Post subject: Old games which you still play up to now Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

There are always these kinds of games wherein you just can't help yourself from playing over and over again. This thread is for all of those games which you still play, even though they're quite old.

For me, I still play Chrono Cross, Suikoden I and Suikoden II, and a few sports games among others. I just can't help but play these games over and over, even though I have finished them plenty of times. Oh yes, I also play Pinball and Solitaire. It's good stuff.

What about you? Do you have old games which you still play up to now? Do you even still remember them?
Assassin01

Team Assassination

575125 Potch
200 Soldiers
900 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 6:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Runescape has been around for a while now (about 6 years i think). I first started playing this game when it was still new and there wern't too many worlds or people online. As soon as i started going on i knew that i should keep playing due to the improvements that are being made every now and again. I use to go on it back then about every day, but now i still go on it, but only about once a month to see whats changing.

I still play other games to this day such as Final Fantasy 7,8,9, Fire Emblem, Tactics Ogre, Secret Of Mana just to name a few, but in my mind Runescape has been the game that i have been playing the longest.
MMan9000
Ralphy Leone Tensei
Lymsleia Falenas
Demon Eyes Kyo

Crimson Crusaders

260069 Potch
250 Soldiers
25 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 8:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I've played Xenogears and Final Fantasy VIII many times now. I don't know why, but I just keep coming back to play these 2 games...

Return that soul to God.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Ujitsuna

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Occasionally I play Tropico and Mafia: City of Lost Heaven, those games are landmarks of their time.
SuikoGator

6724 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Chrono Trigger
PLANESCAPE: TORMENT
Final Fantasy Tactics
Suikoden I
SUIKODEN II
Gil-galad

Flame of the West

2849957 Potch
200 Soldiers
46 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Chrono Trigger, Chrono Cross, Suikoden 1, Suikoden 2, Final Fantasy Tactics, Final Fantasy IV, Final Fantasy VI, Xenogears, those among many others.

I really enjoy going back and playing older games. Yes, graphics have improved greatly since the time, but that's really the only thing that got better since then. In many cases modern games are much more dull to play, even though they look much prettier. That, and the games I mentioned are just some of the gosh darn best RPGs ever made. ^^

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Spell Breaker

The Long Patrol

162411 Potch
122 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Tetris. I only play the original version though because all these other modes they've added since then just plain suck. And it's strange. I totally used to hate this game because I just couldn't make any progress in it. Then one day it just clicked for me and I've been playing it ever since.
Tron Bonne

The party members you never use

579843 Potch
1000 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Definitely Tetris, and the old Super Mario games. they are still challenging to this day. heck, i didn't beat the first super mario until i was in high school. world 8-2 always gave me trouble.

and of course there's the old castlevanias. they're as good as the newer games in the series, if not a little better (save castlevania II. that kind of stunk)

Lord's Minions

4417 Potch
721 Soldiers
20000 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 2:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I have NES Super Mario Bros. downloaded onto my Wii, along with Donkey Kong, and the original Zelda. Thinking about putting Sonic or Streetfight II on there. There really isn't much released just yet in the Wii virtual library, but I can't wait until the library gets some really cool titles, such as, Super Mario World.

General of the Godwin Army
United States Navy ATF-HT
Yvl

Sanctus

55224 Potch
1063 Soldiers
12421 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 3:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I keep getting drawn back to Ultima VI. I guess its the ungodly level of unmapped naval exploration in combination with the most interesting NPCs ever which keeps making me play it again and again. This game is from like 1994, and I don't think I've gone more than one year without being drawn back to this game.

Keepers of Balance

841792 Potch
0 Soldiers
760 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 6:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I still play Xenogears, Tales of Phantasia, Tales of Symphonia, Suikoden I & II, Star Ocean 2 and Brigandine: Legend of Forsena. Those are the games i loved to play before and i never get tired playing them until now. They are such nice games with nice stories and replayability.

Masaya

Flying Fusillades

222963 Potch
75 Soldiers
3635 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I still play every suikoden from time to time. Currently I'm working on FFXII, and Twilight Princess, so I don't have much time for it, however when those games are over I'll be going back to playing old playstation games as well. I also from time to time, play Counter-Strike, and Counter-Strike Source.

As far as older games, I even do still play games like Streets of Rage, and Gunstar Heros, on a Emulator. I really want wireless though, so I can get Gunstar Hero's d/led onto my Wii T_T.

Prince Geass Falenas

2324315 Potch
1337 Soldiers
3028000 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

hmm...I think just Suikoden 2 and Tetris Attack (snes) mainly
I'll throw in Suikoden Card Stories too just cuz I play it randomly when I have nothing else to play on the handhelds ehehe

oh....not to mention once in a blue moon I get random urges to play FF8 and when I do I have to restart it everytime cuz I don't remember where I left off the last time (and personally I like the beginning of FF8 so much better than the rest of it)

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Falcon Critical

Haia's Star Pupil

678159 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hmm hmm, well I was playing Fifa 99 up till last year when I finally upgraded to 07...

As for old games I would still play - Castlevania SOTN, Suikoden 2, Valkyrie Profile, FF Tactics, Breath of Fire 3/4, Transport Tycoon, SiN, Shogo: MAD.

There aren't that many that I currently still play, any of the above I get hankerings for and go back and play them a while, but with WoW around there aren't many other games that get a shoe in sadly :(

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

i have a nice collection of ps1 rpgs which i play constantly, since i think those are some of the best
ps2 rpgs don't do it for me really
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: