Suikoden Urgent and Infamous Kosher Ontic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Favorite and Least Favorite Video Game Genres

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ryusei

Kotetsu

114213 Potch
8500 Soldiers
510 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 6:19 am    Post subject: Favorite and Least Favorite Video Game Genres Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

So, as the title says, what are your favorite and least favorite video game genres?

As for me, my favorite genre has to be RPG's and sports games, particularly basketball. I have always been a fan of RPG's ever since I started playing them, and I like sports games because I love playing these sports in real life.

My least favorite genre would go to shooter games. I never really liked them, although there are quite a few of them which are really popular. I guess I just dislike guns in general.
CAPTAIN PLANET

Headstrong

317417 Potch
2460 Soldiers
500 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I like RPGs, fighting games, and shooters a great deal. I like many other genres as well, but these are my favorites for a couple reasons. RPGs are very fun if you have the right brain for them. Some people just don't get them. It's true, RPGs tend to be more involved than other games. This is why I like them. They are a sort of story that unfolds as the game goes on. Not many other genres can pull that off.

I like fighting games and shooters to deal with stress, honestly. It's fun to just kick back and let loose. It's also fun to compete against others in these types of games.

My least favorite genre is puzzle games. I do not have a lot of patience, and I hate to be rushed for anything. Most puzzle games trip both of those triggers on me. Tetris is about the only one I like.
ard, save the dirty talk for when we meet!
Yvl

Sanctus

55224 Potch
1063 Soldiers
12421 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

In order:

RPGs
Strategy
Action/adventure
Fighting games
Shooters
Other
Sports

Custodiae Corvi

4092785 Potch
200 Soldiers
20 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

RPGs will have to be right at the very top of the hill with fighting games very much holding things alone at the bottom.

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

This is a Suikoden site, everyone will like RPGs that is a given.

I like games from all the genres to be honest, maybe apart from driving, I got bored of those games quite quickly. Games like Tropico made me appreciate strategy, while other games like Metal Gear Solid helped me develop a liking for action and shooters.
Aggression Then Silence

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I ONLY play RPG's and Sports games.

So other than those. I don't like.

Wednesday's Army

20952 Potch
328 Soldiers
225 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Favorite- RPGs
Least favorite- everything else (especially sports)

Pointy Sticks & Ponies!

1151694 Potch
7700 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

• Real Time Strategy - Warcraft, Starcraft, Dawn of War
  • Turn Based Strategy - Civilization, Alpha Centauri
  • First Person Shooter - Unreal Tournament, Call of Duty
  • Role Playing Games - Neverwinter Nights, KotOR, Suikoden
  • Action/Adventure - Metal Gear, Zelda
  • Platformers - Totally Rad, Master Blaster, Kirby
  • Puzzle - Tetris, Trog
  • Racing - Need For Speed
  • Sports - not worth mentioning
  • Other

Firstly RPG's are lucky to even beta out action/adventure in my opinion as they are far too steadfast in their game playing making them 1 or 2 playthroughs before you know everything and get tired of it. Strategy & FPS beat it out quite convincingly as all of them contain story elements to weave a plotline and reason for doing what you are doing, they also allow for far more freedom and volatility then RPG's do, as you cant very well rush through sections through knowledge and skills in RPG's, you can only rush through via tedious leveling. RPG's were saved by PC titles with their customisation of characters.

Team Assassination

575125 Potch
200 Soldiers
900 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 6:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

For this it would have to be a tie between RPG and Wrestling games as my favourite Genre. For my least favourite it would have to be puzzle, or any other game related to this in some way. I don't really know why i dislike puzzle games. Maybe its just because i never really got into them.
MMan9000
Ralphy Leone Tensei
Lymsleia Falenas
Buff

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

my favorite is rpg's followed by action/adventure games. my least favorite genres has to be racing or first person shooters. only first person shooter i like is halo and that's it.

Devoted protector of Ferid and Arshtat
Oppenheimer

Les monsieurs de Narcisse

256470 Potch
0 Soldiers
1865 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

My favourite would be Survival Horror, followed by action RPGs. My least favourite are sports games (excluding Mario versions) and 1on1 fighting games.

Ronery Puratoon

17923 Potch
0 Soldiers
750 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Favorite: RPG's.
Least Favorite: RPG's.

Because lately, the entire genre is totally hit or miss and I'd rather be stuck playing hours upon hours of Romance of the Three Kingdoms X (LOL GAME IS SO FAST PACED SRSLY(No, seriously. I love it. The Sangokushi is forever awesome)) than have to slug through a ton of subpar RPG's nowadays.

The party members you never use

579843 Potch
1000 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

favorite: action/adventure

least favorite: rpg

a few years ago, rpg's were my favorite, but lately, i don't have much time, and a time consuming rpg is the last thing i really need. but they are good during the summer months.

Lord's Minions

4417 Potch
721 Soldiers
20000 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 2:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

My favorite genres would have to be First Person and Third Person(Socom) shooters.

My least favorite happens to be rpgs. I know, you wouldn't think someone who doen't like rpgs would be here at this board. I came here as a referal from friends.

General of the Godwin Army
United States Navy ATF-HT
VikiFanatic

Keepers of Balance

841792 Potch
0 Soldiers
760 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 6:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

My favorite genre are RPGs and Strategy games. A close second to that would be Civilization building.

My least favorite are sports games, since i don't play any sports... Unless fencing has a VG, i don't think this would change since i take up that sport... :|

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: