Suikoden Unique and Illegal Kriegspiel Original Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

The Spirits of Grassland
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Culture & Geography Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kuwaizair

blauuurgggh!

174392 Potch
0 Soldiers
1291 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

i guess things are a matter of real and existing, to the Krayan they exist. Think of it as shamanism and totem guides, to those people they exist, to others they don't.

I've always though of that situation as a "native belive", most of socity today don't belive in animal guides, or house spirits that protect the home, Americans don't do such things (and yet we still have lucky horseshoes and rabbit's feet?)

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Ryusei

Kotetsu

114213 Potch
8500 Soldiers
510 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 7:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

kuwaizair wrote:
i guess things are a matter of real and existing, to the Krayan they exist. Think of it as shamanism and totem guides, to those people they exist, to others they don't.

I doubt that. The spirits themselves have manifested their existence not only to the Karayans, but to others as well. Remember the spirits helping Aila in tracking down the Destroyers while Joker and Ace looked on? They were present right there and then. I don't think they're just some sort of mythical creatures, because they themselves have proven that they exist, even to non-Karayans. So to say that they only exist to some isn't entirely true, because they themselves have proven their existence to non-beleivers as well.
kuwaizair

blauuurgggh!

174392 Potch
0 Soldiers
1291 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ryusei wrote:

I doubt that. The spirits themselves have manifested their existence not only to the Karayans, but to others as well. Remember the spirits helping Aila in tracking down the Destroyers while Joker and Ace looked on? They were present right there and then. I don't think they're just some sort of mythical creatures, because they themselves have proven that they exist, even to non-Karayans. So to say that they only exist to some isn't entirely true, because they themselves have proven their existence to non-beleivers as well.

guess so, wich is intersting and could go deep into something I have no name or phrase for. "having truth under your nose and yet you choose to discredit it", didn't the Ducks not belive in them? They are real and there, but they choose to not belive or are they blind and deaf to the presence of spirits?
Its kind of like when you read a religion site that bashes people who aren't part of it.

Username wrote:
However I think that spirits we mostly just a excuse to foward certain events and they really lack an acutal meaning at the moment other than the possiblity that they may have a meaning if they decide to go down that path, otherwise it'll just remain an oddity.

well everyone at one point did that. Some still do, they live as their ancestors did, even in modren times and some might still like to argue that natural phenonimon is caused by spirits, such as season changes or morning dew.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Culture & Geography Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: