Suikoden Uncouth and Illegal Kosher Original Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Suikoden V gets best story of 2006
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hawk Thanatos

Radical Dreamers

167582 Potch
43 Soldiers
1337 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I did some 1024x768 wallpapers for people (and myself) cause I'm just nice like that. :P

Sol Falena Purple
Ceras Lake
Ceras Lake Castle
Ceras Lake Castle Night
Lunas
Raftfleet
Sol Falena

I'm not sure how well they turned out but hopefully they're okay.
Axiose

Altruistic Apparitions

100019091 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Wow. They're great! Where did you get the original images from?

[Axiose] [Fliktor]
Hawk Thanatos

Radical Dreamers

167582 Potch
43 Soldiers
1337 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

From the japanese official site. Since they made the thing a frickin flash program I had to use some poopy flash image extractor (which extracted the pictures but not the different coloured side bars) and then do some rather annoying GIMPing.

All in all it was probably worth the effort (especially for the awesome purple one) but a sign that I have WAY too much time on my hands.

I've decided to go for a purple theme right now, a purple wallpaper, purple sig, purple winamp skin. Only problem is that Microsoft continue to thwart my plans for purple domination by only having those 3 colour themes for Windows XP. Curse you Microsoft! :evil:
Tullaryx

Custodiae Corvi

4092785 Potch
200 Soldiers
20 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Those are some nice flash wallpapers. It's a shame they don't come in 1440x900 resolutions.

As for the game winning best story and not best rpg from IGN. It's a simple thing really. FFXII won because it was the technological marvel (lots and lots of eye-candy) that Siokoden V wasn't.

Last Literature D-Line

509933 Potch
9300 Soldiers
3525 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

How many town pictures are there? Just Lunas, Raftfleet, Ceras Lake and Sol-Falena? Or did you just go with those because they were your favourites?
One day, I shall come back. Yes, we shall all come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.
Basel

34652 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Those are the only town pictures.
Sparhawk

Lords of Foolishness

207476 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 6:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Bully? That kind of dims down the greatness of the award....And those wallpapers are pretty cool.

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Great work Hawk, really. My desktop resolution is 1280 by 1024 pixels, so it's too big, any chance of another series? :D
Tendou Souji

CLIMAX JUMP!

758170 Potch
2000 Soldiers
2225 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:
Bully? That kind of dims down the greatness of the award....And those wallpapers are pretty cool.

Right you are.

Suikoden V should've gotten best game (Or best RPG.), hands down of story alone. And probably with a little help of the music along the way.
Rune of Corruption

Ficky Ficky Frog Eyed Frustrated Fools

2319 Potch
0 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, at least they are admitting to themselves that there are other equally as good but mostly better RPGs out there other than Final Fantasy. The game is good and is worthy or praise. It is about time they recognized this series. I am also glad that Valkyrie Profile Silmeria is mentioned as well seeing that it is another fine game. Did they mention Tails of the Abyss.
malicesoul

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 2:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Wow, those are some really nice wallpapers. I especially like the Ceras Lake at night. Its reminds me of Lucretia's suggestions for naming the castle. Castle of the Pale Blue Shimmering Water or something like that XD
jjrrs

481481 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hawk Thanatos wrote:

If you need a different size you'll have to go to the official sites download section and go through some crappy flash thing:
http://www.konami.jp/gs/game/genso/V/download/index.html

Question: what happened on 12/7? I downloaded the 2/2006 calender wallpaper way back then and saw the sun rune logo on the 23rd which was the Japanese release date for V, why is the sun rune mark on the 7th of December? Is it a Japanese holiday or the King blog day or something?

Also did V not get any yearly awards from any Japanese video game critics? why did they only celebrate the ign award?
crushedvelvet

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm really pleased that Suiko 5 won that award.

There are only three games I've enjoyed playing in 2006 and Suiko 5 tops that list (btw the other two were Kingdom Hearts 2 and Dreamfall, another game and developer that aren't as well recognised and appreciated as they should be).

Btw those wallpapers are beautiful. I think I'll either be using Sun Palace, Lunas, Raftfleet or Ceras Lake Ruins as my background, or maybe just rotate them.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Basel

34652 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 2:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

jjrrs wrote:
Also did V not get any yearly awards from any Japanese video game critics?

AFAIK, Suikoden V got two awards in Japan. One at launch and the other one about 2/3 months ago.
Freyjadour

Genkaku

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

SUIKODEN 5 FOREVER, OR AT LEAST TILL 6 COMES OUT. GOD I HOPE THEY DONT RUSH IT LIKE 4
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: