Suikoden Urgent and Infamous Karma Original Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Suikoden VI Sales: What's Your Prediction?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden VI Speculation & Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ryusei

Kotetsu

114213 Potch
8500 Soldiers
510 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, that's your prediction. I won't argue with that.

But still, the topic of wether Suikoden VI will go mutiplatform or not will have a great impact on it's sales, I believe. Let's just say that Suikoden VI will indeed be released on the PS3. As Tullaryx mentioned, the sales would lower if it would be released on that platform due to it's high cost.

But what if it would be released on the PS3 and on another console? Let's take the Wii for example. It surely isn't as costly as the PS3 is, but if it would be released on both consoles as compared to only one, sales would be greatly affected, would it not?
Ujitsuna

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ryusei wrote:
But still, the topic of wether Suikoden VI will go mutiplatform or not will have a great impact on it's sales, I believe. Let's just say that Suikoden VI will indeed be released on the PS3. As Tullaryx mentioned, the sales would lower if it would be released on that platform due to it's high cost.

Suikoden does not have the brand power (brand loyalty if you want to talk business) to become multiplatform, not the next installment anyway. Multiplatform games tend to have rushed development and are ripe with bugs. Suikoden only appeared on the Playstation and Sega Saturn because it was a new series and Konami did not know how it would sell, that and the Sega Saturn was a failed console. Also note that Konami are not EA, they usually develop series on one console only. Don't expect it to be multiplatform.
Sophita

The Wee Kitty Grand Duke Defense Brigade

498078 Potch
1330 Soldiers
2725 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Wes wrote:
. Also note that Konami are not EA, they usually develop series on one console only. Don't expect it to be multiplatform.

Really? If you look at their mainpage for American releases, you can see they've got new games coming out for just about every new system on the market.

If you look at A list of games Konami's published you can see it's not a new trend either, though they do tend to support some consoles more than others.

SCII month continues! DueFiumi.com
John Layfield wrote:
But bubbles... children love bubbles! XD
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Shrew

The All-Star Rock n' Breakdance Electronic Band from Shenzhen

237023 Potch
110 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think that Wes referring to multiplatform games (like EA's ubiquitous sports games that come out for every system). Konami releases games on all the major systems, but they don't have a tradition of releasing the same game on all of them. And given its cult status, it's unlikely to get a multiplatform release.

Of course, there are exceptions like Metal Gear Solid 2, and the Saturn version of Suikoden, but these are always upgraded ports that come out a year or more later. If Suikoden VI somehow becomes hugely popular, then we might some release on a second system, but I doubt it will happen.

Fear our Vagueness.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Ujitsuna

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Sophita wrote:
Wes wrote:
. Also note that Konami are not EA, they usually develop series on one console only. Don't expect it to be multiplatform.

Really? If you look at their mainpage for American releases, you can see they've got new games coming out for just about every new system on the market.

If you look at A list of games Konami's published you can see it's not a new trend either, though they do tend to support some consoles more than others.

I'm talking about multiplatform games... Konami do develop games for each system yes. :D
Assassin01

Team Assassination

575125 Potch
200 Soldiers
900 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 5:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I can guarantee you that the sales for Suikoden 6 will not decrease. You can bet that those who have been following the Suikoden series will definately buy the new game. However i do not see it being one of those ''first day sell outs'' but i'll be there to buy a copy thats for sure. Right now i cannot find an actual sales prediction but hopefully it would be better than the sales of Suikoden 5.
MMan9000
Ralphy Leone Tensei
Lymsleia Falenas
LordKratos

Seraphim Of Kooluk

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

My guess and hope is it will sell at least 500,000 copies and if it hit a million, it can go as a greatest hits game. Just hope it sells as much as that then I'll be happy.
Captain Hero

Forsaken Elites

194469 Potch
361 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Since almost everyone thinks this would be the last installment in the Suikoden series, I expect it to reach a fair to good range of sales. That would be sweet. :D

Tullaryx

Custodiae Corvi

4092785 Potch
200 Soldiers
20 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hmmm, has it been announced that this will be the last game in the franchise?

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Tullaryx wrote:
Hmmm, has it been announced that this will be the last game in the franchise?

Nope.
Tullaryx

Custodiae Corvi

4092785 Potch
200 Soldiers
20 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Until they do I won't think this will be the last installment in the franchise. If the game doesn't come out til late 2008 at the earliest then there's a chance it'll sell comparably well. But I can't see it selling enough units to have it qualify for the Greatest Hits label.

Mikan weeps for Brady

246380 Potch
175 Soldiers
50 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Heck, until they announce that the game is under development, then I'll have no reason to believe that there even will BE a Suikoden VI. Unless there's been something further announced, as far as I'm aware there was just one little news story about someone's uncle saying he heard on the street that they were making an unnamed RPG that he swears was Suikoden VI. I'd hope that they'd be making another, but there's just no proof either way, so to speculate on the sales of a game that may or may not be under production is a bit premature.

~Uguu!~
Luceit

Defender of Highland

371188 Potch
2170 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It's always good to hope though. I think the sales will be low (lol as if it's ever been high) at first, while people wait to compare to see if the game is worth buying. Even if it gets rave reviews though, I don't think it'd go up very high, unless it has some kind of magnetic charisma.

Seraphim Of Kooluk

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Oh god... if it released to the Wii and nothing else I would die!! The only Wii game that actually looks like it will be a pretty good release on the Wii is going to be the Fire Emblem sequel to Path Of Radiance.

If anything other then the PS3 then at least the Xbox360 or something just not the Wii.
Sami

Liberating Swords

199204 Potch
27 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

There is a whole thread to the Suikoden VI release platform discussion.

Of course, it is true that the platform of choice will affect sales. Fire Emblem on the Wii, which has surprisingly many similarities to Suikoden, has sold 110,000 copies in Japan, to about 2 million Japanese Wii owners. The Wii is now selling about 200,000 consoles per month in Japan, which means that in a year, it's likely to have sold around 4 million consoles. If Suikoden VI came out on Wii and sold at about the same ratio as Fire Emblem, it could easily sell 220,000 copies in Japan, more than Suikoden V.

The PlayStation 3, however, would see pretty bad sales for Suikoden VI. Even a megahit like Virtua Fighter 5 only sold about 50,000 copies, with the best seller currently being Gundam Musou at about 150,000, and Suikoden does not have the same kind of name recognition as Gundam or Virtua Fighter. Even with an assumption that PS3 sold really well in Japan during the next year, Suikoden VI on PS3 might only reach about 100,000 copies sold absolute maximum, and more like 50,000.

What would be the best way for Suikoden VI to sell the most? Release it on DS, like Square Enix is doing with Dragon Quest IX, or at least PSP, following Suikoden I & II. The Monster Hunter games have shown that even PSP games can become hits.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden VI Speculation & Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: