Suikoden Urgent and Inspirational Kraalesque Ontic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Suikoden VI Sales: What's Your Prediction?
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden VI Speculation & Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ryusei

Kotetsu

114213 Potch
8500 Soldiers
510 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 10:08 pm    Post subject: Suikoden VI Sales: What's Your Prediction? Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

How do you guys think Suikoden VI will fare in the sales department? Do you think sales will increase, decrease, or do you think it will stay the same in the release of Suikoden VI? Given that Suikoden IV's performance greatly affected the sales of Suikoden V, how do you think Suikoden V will affect Suikoden VI's sales?

As for me, I think sales will increase with Suikoden VI. Sure, Suikoden IV turned a few of the fans down, but Suikoden V restored the faith of many fans to the series. Many have come to know the Suikoden series with the release of Suikoden V. Because of that, I think sales will increase with Suikoden VI.

What do you think?

Last edited by Ryusei on Thu Dec 28, 2006 12:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Lonelion

Lonelion's Naval Fleet.

4727 Potch
106 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think it should do really good,a solid advertising campaign would help too,if the game maintains it's recovery like it did with Suikoden V,there is no reason why it shouldn't do well with Suikoden VI.

http://www.myspace.com/lonelion7769
http://www.duefiumi.com
http://z6.invisionfree.com/suikocross
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Futch

JUST ME AND THE OTHER BIG DUDES

125356 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Didn't Suikoden 4 have pretty decent sales in Japan? I remember seeing a post about Suikoden 5 not making a big sale over there in it's release, but my memory's fussy.

I think It will sell enough to make Suikoden 7 a profitable investment for konami. At least that's what I hope.
Yvl

Sanctus

55224 Potch
1063 Soldiers
12421 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It depends which system it comes out for, and how well those systems are doing.

Last Literature D-Line

509933 Potch
9300 Soldiers
3525 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

My overall prediction? Lower sales than Suikoden III, IV and V.

Most long-terms fans here (who didn't let their hatred of Suikoden IV stop them from buying MORE Suikoden games) may have blown a load over Suikoden V but its impact was pretty meh to everyone else in terms of reviews and sales. Suikoden V was a decent game but it did little to bring in new fans. Blame the (lack of an) advertising campaign. Again.

Suikoden VI needs to be great in its own right, not an "at least I liked it more than IV" pyrrhic victory like V got.
One day, I shall come back. Yes, we shall all come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.
Ujitsuna

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 6:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Actually, I think because of Suikoden V's back-to-basics formula, I wouldn't be surprised if sales for VI didn't level off to around the same as V.
Sophita

The Wee Kitty Grand Duke Defense Brigade

498078 Potch
1330 Soldiers
2725 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Like John says, the only way Suikoden VI is ever is going to sell anything is if Konami actually starts advertising the game.

Honestly, it needs to attract attention outside of the fandom if it's ever going to improve sales. The ones that have sold well were the ones that were released with at least some advertising.

It would also really help if Konami didn't release it on the same day as major releases from other companies with heavy promotions. Is it any secret V didn't sell well when it was released around the same time as Kingdom Heart II?

SCII month continues! DueFiumi.com
John Layfield wrote:
But bubbles... children love bubbles! XD
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
CAPTAIN PLANET

Headstrong

317417 Potch
2460 Soldiers
500 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Sophita wrote:
It would also really help if Konami didn't release it on the same day as major releases from other companies with heavy promotions. Is it any secret V didn't sell well when it was released around the same time as Kingdom Heart II?

That's exactly what I was going to say. I do believe there were a few other RPGs being released about hte same time. And I do believe Suikoden V was released earlier than Konami had planned. It was a mistake to do that, simply because they decided to release Suikoden V in the same week or so that Kingdom Hearts II was being released.

Now, I believe that yes, because of many good things about Suikoden V, Suikoden VI will sell well...amongst fans. As for the genereal RPG-playing peoples, probably not, unless they advertise, like stated above a few times.

The only reason I was hooked on the series at all was because I saw a review in a magazine for Suikoden III a few years back. Otherwise, I wouldn't have known about the game, nor would I have cared that I didn't know about it.

The Suikoden series sells well in Japan, I do believe, but that's because they have trailers there. Zelda has trailers here, and it's immensely popular. It wouldn't hurt Konami to make an ad to put in magazines or something.

So, yes, it'll sell well with all us fans of the series, but if it sells well as a whole...that's up to Konami.
ard, save the dirty talk for when we meet!
Masa

Fightin' Nac Mac Feegle

418570 Potch
0 Soldiers
10000 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

What Konami would need for Suikoden to sell well would be to get 'cover feature' on a prominent gaming magazine. A nice two-five page bit on the game to whet fan appetites and let everyone else know what this Suikoden stuff is about.

As it stands now, Suikoden VI may sell as much as Suikoden V did and little more. If Konami for some reason thinks Suikoden can stand up against a juggernaut like Kingdom Hearts... then ADVERTISE IT! Otherwise find a nice release window with few if any RPGs being released. It's a shame that Suikoden games sell so poorly they don't even get Player's Choice treatment.

145425 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

They'll go up. Restored reputation, new console (but not too early so that the user base can be established), smaller internal competition, a significant graphics jump. All these are good for sales. However how much they'll go up is anyone's guess. I would guess in the area of low to mid 200000's worldwide. Which is good, I don't think the 500000 copies limit that Namco has spoken about is anything that the Suikoden games have to worry about. It's too much of a low key niche series, Konami doesn't spend too much money on each game and thus it doesn't have to recoup as much.
Tullaryx

Custodiae Corvi

4092785 Potch
200 Soldiers
20 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Since Suikoden VI will be coming out for the PS3 I see it actually selling less than what the previous titles in the series sold. Even with the oversaturation of PS2 consoles of the past couple years the series has never been a huge seller. It's sold good enough for Konami to continue making them and those sales numbers were pretty much due to the die-hard fans of the game.

Even if the game comes out in 2008 with the PS3 into the second year of its lifespan I still don't see the console's numbers anywhere near the PS2's. Plus, how many here will actually make that leap of a minimum of 600 dollars to get a PS3 for one game. Some of us have the disposable income to do so, but I think more do not. I can see Suikoden VI selling less than 200,000 units, but with advertising beyond magazine ads over 200,000 and around 300,000 units a possibility. Really, the only way Konami will ever give this title the push it needs is to marry the series engaging storyline with some eye-candy. It's worked for the Final Fantasy games of the past 5 years.

Kotetsu

114213 Potch
8500 Soldiers
510 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Tullaryx wrote:
Since Suikoden VI will be coming out for the PS3

It's not even confirmed it will be on the PS3 yet. Unless Konami has already given out official statement which I haven't known about, that is.
Tullaryx

Custodiae Corvi

4092785 Potch
200 Soldiers
20 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yes, it hasn't been confirmed, but then does anyone here actually think it won't come out for the PS3. One doesn't need to have Konami confirm it to know its coming out for the system. All the games in the franchise has come for the Sony consoles. The only thing that has people really wondering is whether it'll go multiplatform instead of being Sony-exclusive.

Kotetsu

114213 Potch
8500 Soldiers
510 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, believe it or not, Suikoden wasn't really a Sony-exclusive series. Suikoden I was also released in the Sega Saturn a few years after it was released in the Playstation in 1995.

Sure, it might be released on the PS3. But it's not safe to assume that it will still be a PS3-exclusive game unless we are given confirmation since it has gone multiplatform in the past.
Tullaryx

Custodiae Corvi

4092785 Potch
200 Soldiers
20 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I never said it will be a Sony-exclusive, but that it will come out for the PS3. It being a Sony-exclusive title is a strong possibility if one looked at Konami's past practice with the franchise. I think I even pointed out in the previous post that the question now is not whether it'll be out on the PS3, but whether it'll go multiplatform. And I will stick to my prediction that it will be on the PS3 even without Konami confirming it at this date and time. Let's just say I don't think Konami will be going against what their past business decisions about the series. If it goes against me then you can call me out about it, but I'm pretty confident that I don't need a confirmation news release to understand that the PS3 will get the next title in the series.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden VI Speculation & Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: