Suikoden Uncanny and Infamous Keystone Oblique Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

My apologies, I meant to post this under the stats thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vextor

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 2:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yes indeed, I have no idea whatsoever. I decided it would be nice to add because it looks cool. There was no deep thought going into it. Yep! :P
VikiFanatic

Keepers of Balance

841792 Potch
0 Soldiers
760 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 6:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I actually posted something about how you can use it somewhere... But maybe you can use it in duels and in wars... I might explain later or not... I'm more in-depth when it comes to flash... so i can think of possible queries to use in SQL to attain a similar result...

I'd like to help but i'm too young... ^^;

But it would be great to use it in battle...

Synchysi

Creatures Once Godlike

11782640 Potch
18161 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 7:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

We're working on some kind of application for the stats, we're just not sure what we'll use it for or the algorithms we'll implement. They probably won't mean anything for phase 4.

First Corps of Royal Emissaries

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 9:20 pm    Post subject: I suppose that's how I'll see it. Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I find it very interesting that people are going to be specially tailoring their posts from here on out to achieve certain stats.

I also find it interesting that a thread that was initially a mistake has made it to two pages (in the default view).

I'm siding with Viki, by the way (always a favourite mage).

One thought though, is that if length helps Magic, doesn't that possibly entail participants attempting to have a better magic stat as having more troops a good deal of the time per post than others? Should those be such a factor as to hold sway over two statistics.

I can't imagine that somethin so seemingly unrelated as troops and magic could eventually by more or less proportional. Maybe it doesn't even matter, and maybe I'm thinking too much.

I think I need to lie down a while.

-Will Rogers

Take the diplomacy out of war and the thing would fall flat in a week.

-Ibid.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
iscalio

1681589 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:
I can't imagine that somethin so seemingly unrelated as troops and magic could eventually by more or less proportional.

Troop count and magic prowess are not necessarily proportional. Five short posts can create the same number of soldiers as one long post for example, but they would create a low Magic stat.
With your argumentation you could as well say that the Speed stat (or nearly any other stat) and soldier count are proportional, because posting more often per day definitely not only improves your Speed, but also your troop count.
Vextor

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Only snag is the 25 post limit for soldier gain. Even if you make 100 posts per day, you'll still get more SPD, while you'll no longer gain any soldiers.
Starslasher

Chunks of Chaco-late.

1177790 Potch
300 Soldiers
35 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Oh, that's good. I'm not planning to do 25 posts anyways.

Bork! Bork! Bork!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Beecham

Wind In The Grass

33221 Potch
75 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

*sighs* Stupid post restrictions.

*goes to pout in his corner*
kuwaizair

blauuurgggh!

174392 Potch
0 Soldiers
1291 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

wow, yeah I so totaly don't understand this.
I would do TR but i can't think of a good character, plus I feel like I should of done it years ago, I was here when it was starting, so I'm not some ignorant newbie.

so do my stats have affect on anything? or is it the otherway around? do I loose points for spelling and gramatical mistakes? if so theres no hope, MS word even isn't good at fxing those things.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
The Emissary Peregrine

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Both, I think. What controls speed, again? The speed between posts?

-Will Rogers

-Ibid.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Elc

Rebel of Babylon

1121979 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

kuwaizair, I don't think spelling or grammatical mistakes have any bearing on the stats, but most stats aren't permanent. I've noticed that my speed has increased and then decreased as I had a lull in activity. The system won't penalize you for spelling mistakes or the like, as soldiers are determined by the number of characters in your posts and, as you can see in your profile, it also keeps track of your word count.

"You make me smash the clock and feel, I'd rather die behind the wheel.
Time was never on my side, So on I wait my whole lifetime."
The Emissary Peregrine

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2005 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, that puts a lot of us in good graces anyway, Elc.

Also, I can't believ that my mistake thread has a True Fire Rune by it.

-Will Rogers

-Ibid.
Earthquake923

SB90's Mechanized Monsters

179201 Potch
0 Soldiers
778121 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 7:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

While posting does increase your exp. I always considered getting soldiers a by product of that. Most of the Magicians I've seen on this board Have very strange stats. So I am trying to give a personality around them. By the way, I've seen people refer to TR a couple of times, may I ask what that is?
Axiose

Altruistic Apparitions

100019091 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Tabula Rasa

[Axiose] [Fliktor]
fuji

9643133 Potch
16500 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2005 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

MySQL's HAVING clause does not follow standard SQL until version 5.0 -- in fact, I wouldn't use it when a simple WHERE clause would work. HAVING requres the SQL server to reparse the line twice. You should only use it when you can't use the WHERE clause (very rarely).

I also changed the if's to a switch with the most common group_id's at the top and removed the extra var created.

Code:
$result = mysql_query('SELECT group_id FROM ' . USER_GROUP_TABLE .'
                      WHERE user_id=' . $profiledata[user_id] . '  AND
                      group_id IN (\'39\',\'38\',\'40\',\'37\',\'100000\')');
if ( !$result )
{
    echo 'Could not run query: '. mysql_error();
    exit;
}
$row = mysql_fetch_assoc( $result );

switch ( $row['group_id'] );
{
    case 39:
        $regtype = 'Calvary';
        break;
    case 38:
        $regtype = 'Infantry';
        break;
    case 40:
        $regtype = 'Archer';
        break;
    case 37:
        $regtype = 'Magician';
        break;
    default:
        break;
}

___ "That's not much"

"It's enough"
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Budehuc Castle All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: