Suikoden Uncanny and Inspirational Kriegspiel Original Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

My apologies, I meant to post this under the stats thread
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Emissary Peregrine

First Corps of Royal Emissaries

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 7:51 pm    Post subject: My apologies, I meant to post this under the stats thread Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Wow, I'm blown away. This is really outdoing yourself, ya know. How did you decide on these stats, and better yet, How on earth did you find the time? I really need to work on skill... I need it better than my strength... so... I can counter-attack! I need a stat stone. Somebody... Anybody?
Next thing you know, we'll be getting weapons that you can level spending gold that you get through...(and here the system breaks down.)
Does it get more difficult to earn exp. as your level goes up, or will we all eventually just break the level cap? I do take it that there is a rate of development that boosts every given statistic at the level.

And about that whole Karma thing, if karma is based on actions and this is days (giving weird stats to inactive members), How about something along the lines of Posts/days or something to that effect? Though it could change daily, isn't that what Karma does, change with every action you take?

Just a thought.

And a dozen.

-Will Rogers

Take the diplomacy out of war and the thing would fall flat in a week.

-Ibid.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Vextor

11326166 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I have time because I lack a life, and I also had a three-day weekend.
Skill largely depends on Karma, and karma is just how many days you heva been at this board.

I may reconfigure the stats though because the way it is right now, people will have stats that look very similar. I want to make the stats reflect people's posting habits and style a bit more.
Aurelien

1567728 Potch
0 Soldiers
157 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Not sure whether you've implemented this or not, but I think it'd be even better if you could make the stats also reflect the unit type of the member, because I think I've seen a magician (Harukaze if I'm not mistaken) that has more Cavalry units than Magician units under his command, and also higher STR than MAG. But of course, if it's too much trouble for you, then no need to do it.

~City-States of Jowston and Tinto Republic~
06.06.2004 - 20.01.2008

Vextor

11326166 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I've been trying to figure out how I can reflect unit type onto stats, but the set-up for unit type is quite complicated and I am not sure how to go about it, yet. It's in my thoughts, however.
Beecham

Wind In The Grass

33221 Potch
75 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I am in fact the one who has a higher strength than magic and a higher cavalry than magicians. I'm not overly worried on the former, however, given that my magic outstrips most of the characters I took with me to the final bosses of the Suikoden games ;) MAG we know is also related to words per post, and mine could be higher; I do occasionally post very short blurbs, which pull down my average. I also don't participate yet in TR, which would thus be a marvelous way of having a higher MAG stat.

I'm still curious about the Cavalry thing, but I'm happier having stats than not; they're very interesting, and I don't mind that they're in progress at all. I'm almost -itching- to get into a duel now ;)
VikiFanatic

Keepers of Balance

841792 Potch
0 Soldiers
760 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 5:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm also concerned about my MAG stat... It seems i'm more SPD inclined like everyone else... Maybe, if you find time SARSadmin, try to find a way for stats to give individuality thru job, style and everything else... It may be VERY near impossible but that's why we're here to help. Ask for hel pin programming, I'm sure lot's of people here might give tips....

Simply because i want more MAG, I'll have to post long posts that exceed the liitations of a normal essay, but that would be considered a pointless reading material... I guess the only way you can remedy this is an IFF... TR sign-ups anyone? ^^; :wink:

Vextor

11326166 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 6:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm trying to figure out how the factor regiment types into the formula, but so far I have no clue how to pull data out of two databases and cross reference them. The problem is that regiment tpe data is stored in the groups database pegged with the user id, while user info is in the user database. The issue is that one user id can have more than one groups attached to it (nation and regiment type), and I am not sure how to command PHP to distinguish between the two.
KoRnholio

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Perhaps you could search the regiment tables with the user id.

Can't you manually pick what db tables to search in? I'm not sure how your database laid out, but is the groups database have a bunch of tables, each corresponding to a different group (either regiment or nation)? You could specifically choose db tables to search for the userid, and just cycle through the four regiment ones until you get a match. I haven't looked at much PHP in a while, but the basic idea would be....
open groups db, infantry table
search for userid
if match, set infantry switch to true and halt (or something)
if no match, open groups db, archer table
and so on........

That may not be even close to what you'd have to do, but thats my thoughts on the matter....
Vextor

11326166 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I was able to figure this out this afternoon while at work. There was this wonderful SQL command called HAVING, which resulted in the creation of the following.

// Get Usergroup Data from USER_GROUP by SARSadmin
$result = mysql_query("SELECT user_id, group_id FROM " . USER_GROUP_TABLE . " WHERE user_id = '$profiledata[user_id]' HAVING group_id = 39 OR group_id = 38 OR group_id = 40 OR group_id = 37 OR group_id = 100000 ");

if (!$result) {
echo 'Could not run query: ' . mysql_error();
exit;
}
$row = mysql_fetch_row($result);

$reg = $row[1];

if ($reg == 39)
{$regtype = 'Cavalry';}

if ($reg == 40)
{$regtype = 'Archer';}

if ($reg == 38)
{$regtype = 'Infantry';}

if ($reg == 37)
{$regtype = 'Magician';}

//GET Usergroup data from USER_GROUP End

-----

Yeah, what a mess.
Futch

JUST ME AND THE OTHER BIG DUDES

125356 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I didn't get a thing :?, but now that I see what you go trough so that we can have our stats, I feel a bit guilty.

Anyway, are you planning on creting a Faq explaining how every stat goes up? or have you already explained elsewhere and im missing it?

Thanks in advance!
Vextor

11326166 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Uhh, maybe. I'm as clueless as anyone else when it comes to how these stats will be used. I don't want to give out the exact formula outthough, because it'll encourage people to post in certain ways to maximize their stats and all that stuff. I may just give vague explanations once I set the stats in stone.
KoRnholio

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

So it was an SQL command, not a PHP command?

Shows how long its been since I've done any coding :)

At least, once you figure out the HAVING command, the rest is pretty logical.
Vextor

11326166 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah, the rest fell in place like a waterfall. But I am sure there's more than one way to achieve the same result.
Starslasher

Chunks of Chaco-late.

1177790 Potch
300 Soldiers
35 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

This is awesome and all.

Er, could you help explain to me some of these stats?

Forgive this ignorant and lazy yet handsome fool.

But what do the Cavalry, Archer,Infantry and Magician Command stats do?

And are we given the choice of attacking and defending?

Bork! Bork! Bork!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Aurelien

1567728 Potch
0 Soldiers
157 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 2:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Starslasher, as explained by SARSadmin's first post in http://www.suikox.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2214 it's undecided yet on how we're going to use the stats. So for now, it serves no purpose at all other than numbers. And I'm sure the admins would give a hint of the stats' use once they decided on it.

~City-States of Jowston and Tinto Republic~
06.06.2004 - 20.01.2008

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Budehuc Castle All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: