Suikoden Uncanny and Irenic Kibbutz Omniscient Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Game Database help

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cedric

Sol Ciel

472542 Potch
200 Soldiers
62 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 5:56 pm    Post subject: Game Database help Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Is there a site out there that keeps track of copies a game or console is sold? I want to compare some numbers for a friend, but I'm also curious myself.

There's a lot of figures I want to analyze. Stuff along the lines of the average amount of copies a unique game would need in order to warrant a sequel. (I'm aware there are other factors to this, but I'm merely concerned with the perspective of numbers) I've always wondered why series like Xenosaga were cut short. It made me wonder if the numbers were really that bad. And then there are other arbitrary stuff like comparing sales between fighting titles.

Finally, I'm also interested in the console wars. I want to see the final numbers of sold units for the end of this year.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks a lot in advance.

Flame of the West

2849957 Potch
200 Soldiers
46 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

http://forum.pcvsconsole.com/viewthread.php?tid=11067

This is a nifty little site for comparing console sales. It goes all the way back to the release of the Playstation 2, GameCube, and Xbox. It also runs up just until the release of the current generation systems.

Wii has sold more then PS3 (mainly because of availability and price, I assume)-- and Xbox 360 has obviously outsold both of them due to its much earlier release.

As for where to keep track of game releases, I'm not sure.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: