Suikoden Uncouth and Infamous Knowledge Omniscient Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Pirates of the Caribbean 3: At World's End
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Amyral

Windriders

544907 Potch
4066 Soldiers
620 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 2:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Acheron wrote:
SPOILERS

Maybe I'm in the minority here but I didn't feel like there was too much going on at all.

Kraken died because the East India Trading Company said so. It was a horrid beast and not useful to them. They told Davy Jones to kill it and he did because they had his heart.

So they were willing to use the fish people who kill indiscriminately, suspend all rights and hang men, women and children without trial, and in general be separate from the stereotypical villains solely by the lack of handlebar mustaches, yet the Kraken was just too horrible for them? For the people who would hang everyone on board the ships anyways? That doesn't make any sense.

Storyline wise, I believe they had him kill it moreso to show their control of him and to crush his spirit, but I fully believe the reason it wasn't shown was because there was too much in the movie to incorporate having to fight it and kill it.
Tendou Souji

CLIMAX JUMP!

758170 Potch
2000 Soldiers
2225 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 4:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Since it seems most of the people's seen it, I'll start giving my other two cents then.

The movie was great, and although it was long, it doesn't feel boring. Good job for Geoffrey Rush (Barbossa?) and Keith Richards, awesome with their parts. Depp's played good, but not as good as the previous movie. (Although only by a little.) Keira Knighley also played good. The only thing I didn't like was how the Will-Elizabeth story turned out. Really a downer, considering the previous scenes. Also how the Calypso-Davy Jones story wasn't quite covered. And how we didn't get to see many of the other pirates in action. Especially Sri Sumbhajee nad the frech pirate. Anyways, good movie though.

By the way, did anybody see the scene after the end credits? I sense Pirates 4... or at least, a new trilogy, considering what Will Jr. was singing.
Jossef

Beshennye Berserki

95809 Potch
200 Soldiers
23 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 5:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Tendou Souji wrote:
By the way, did anybody see the scene after the end credits? I sense Pirates 4... or at least, a new trilogy, considering what Will Jr. was singing.

You have got to be kidding, I was in the cinema till 1:05AM just to see that film with barely any buses running and work the next morning. Please tell me I didn't miss some scene after the credits and that you just went delusional for a short period of time. That would be nice.

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 6:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

SPOILERS!

There is a small scene after the credits, it's not much really it just shows Will Turner coming back to the island 10 years later to meet Elizabeth who now has a son with her as well, presumably by Will. Theres no dialogue or anything important like that. The whole Will Turner will live forever and meet Elizabeth every 10 years just seemed to be such a bad way to end the film, how they were happy about it I don't know.
Tendou Souji

CLIMAX JUMP!

758170 Potch
2000 Soldiers
2225 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 8:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:
There is a small scene after the credits, it's not much really it just shows Will Turner coming back to the island 10 years later to meet Elizabeth who now has a son with her as well, presumably by Will. Theres no dialogue or anything important like that.

Well, if you put the way young William was dressed and how he went "Yo, ho yo, ho, a pirate's life for me..." I'd say that was something important enough, as it might hint for a sequel, probably in other forms than a movie, since it may be Jack free. I still hate with the intense fury of a million suns how Will-Elizabeth ended though. They should've went and done with a happy ending for them.
Ranadiel

The Squirrel Mob

68112 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hayashi Ujitsuna wrote:
SPOILERS!

There is a small scene after the credits, it's not much really it just shows Will Turner coming back to the island 10 years later to meet Elizabeth who now has a son with her as well, presumably by Will. Theres no dialogue or anything important like that. The whole Will Turner will live forever and meet Elizabeth every 10 years just seemed to be such a bad way to end the film, how they were happy about it I don't know.

Well it is preferable to him just dieing. As a side note though, the creators have mentioned that there was a part of the Flying Dutchman legend in the series that was never really explained well(which has to do with the post credits scene which I missed). If when the captain of the Flying Dutchman returns to land on the ten year mark(or any subsequent visits, although I'm not positive on how that works out) his true love has remained true, then he will be freed from service and the Dutchman will find a new captain.

Titles: Harmonian Tenki Star, Harmonian Jousting Champion
Tendou Souji

CLIMAX JUMP!

758170 Potch
2000 Soldiers
2225 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:
As a side note though, the creators have mentioned that there was a part of the Flying Dutchman legend in the series that was never really explained well(which has to do with the post credits scene which I missed). If when the captain of the Flying Dutchman returns to land on the ten year mark(or any subsequent visits, although I'm not positive on how that works out) his true love has remained true, then he will be freed from service and the Dutchman will find a new captain.

By the holiest of all dung! Where the heck did you get that, Ranadiel!?!?! :shock:
Ranadiel

The Squirrel Mob

68112 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Tendou Souji wrote:
Quote:
As a side note though, the creators have mentioned that there was a part of the Flying Dutchman legend in the series that was never really explained well(which has to do with the post credits scene which I missed). If when the captain of the Flying Dutchman returns to land on the ten year mark(or any subsequent visits, although I'm not positive on how that works out) his true love has remained true, then he will be freed from service and the Dutchman will find a new captain.

By the holiest of all dung! Where the heck did you get that, Ranadiel!?!?! :shock:

Gah I can't believe you made me actually go and look this up. After much searching, I finally found the source for my comment. The following was posted by one of the two writer's of the movie on a web site that the two writers of the film run(and there are posts by the other writer which support it).
Quote:
And it turns out that the information we wrote for one of the scenes didn't make it into the final cut (regarding the curse).

Given the lost information, my prior post doesn't apply. You might be able to derive that the curse could be broken from the information in the film, but it would be indeed difficult.

Quote:
But the basic requirement is that Will agrees captain the Flying Dutchmen (in return for what the film reveals) and that he can step on land but once every ten years, and that at any time, if he finds a love that is true (this is part of the original Flying Dutchman opera by the way) then his attachment to the ship is broken.

First post is found here and second post comes from here.

Titles: Harmonian Tenki Star, Harmonian Jousting Champion
Goldy

Kooluk Companions

543627 Potch
467 Soldiers
4141829 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

But will Captain Jack Sparrow go after the Black Pearl in another film.......

Johnny Depp did say there was nothing stopping them making a fourth or fifth film.
Tullaryx

Custodiae Corvi

4092785 Potch
200 Soldiers
20 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Johnny Depp did say he's all up for more Jack Sparrow movies. He likes doing these movies for his young daughter since most of his movies are really not something for kids to watch.

Flame of the West

2849957 Potch
200 Soldiers
46 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

SPOILERS

Quote:

If you mean the singing he was doing at the beginning of the movie-- that has no relation to the Will Jr. at the end of the movie, they just reused the actor.

Also, there are already plans for a sequel-- however Will and Elizabeth will no longer a part of it. Their story is finished in the creators minds. Also, it's much more economical just to have Jack Sparrow. ^^ As far as I can tell from the end of the movie, the new Pirates movie will feature Jack Sparrow, and his father (Keith Richards) and their search for the Fountain of Youth. Perhaps it'll end up something like Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade. ^_^

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Princess Garnet

489729 Potch
0 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hehe. That would be really kewl. Jack's father definetly should have been in it more.

I wasn't very happy with how the Will/Elizabeth thing ended either. It was really sad. Though, I do agree it was better than just killing Will off.

I think that Jack Sparrow wasn't quite as funny in this one as in the other two. The whole mulitple Jack's thing was entertaining though. He's a great character. Will stole the show in my opinion though. He wasn't that interesting in the first two, especially the second. In this one I gained a lot of respect for his character.

Keira Knightly did a good job, as usual. I've just never been crazy about her character. The best character in it, no doubt was Barbossa. He's hilarious, and Rush is amazing at playing that kind of character. As far as performance goes, most of the credit should go to him.

There were times in the earlier parts of the movie that I had no idea what was going on. :P There was a lot of back stabbing, and people grabbing other people with swords up to their necks...or pointing guns at each other for no apparent reason. The dramatic talks with Calypso got old quickly, and that whole plot line didn't even go anywhere. Which was a shame, because I really did like Davy Jones.

Overall though, it was a great movie and anything but a disappointment. The music was the most amazing it's ever been. Stunning visuals as well.
SolemnSound

Solemn Sound

330634 Potch
100 Soldiers
48 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I saw this the other night and I really enjoyed it. It had the right amount of humour and fighting and I lold at the bits stolen from 300. funny stuff. I figured out what was going to happen in the end pretty early and I didnt really like how predictable it was, but it was still a good ending either way. I missed the scene at the end of the credits and thanks for telling about Uji or else I would have had to go see it again >_>

also, the whole he can only port every 10 years I mean couldnt she just get on the boat and they have some fun?

Sophita

The Wee Kitty Grand Duke Defense Brigade

498078 Potch
1330 Soldiers
2725 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Philosopherking wrote:
I lold at the bits stolen from 300. funny stuff.

I've not seen the movie (was glancing through for reviews here) but how could it possibly steal from a movie that hadn't come out while it was being made? :?

SCII month continues! DueFiumi.com
John Layfield wrote:
But bubbles... children love bubbles! XD
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Gil-galad

Flame of the West

2849957 Potch
200 Soldiers
46 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Sophita wrote:
Philosopherking wrote:
I lold at the bits stolen from 300. funny stuff.

I've not seen the movie (was glancing through for reviews here) but how could it possibly steal from a movie that hadn't come out while it was being made? :?

Indeed. No bits were stolen from it. I believe the line he's referring to is the "This is madness" line which Elizabeth says. Even though that line is used in 300, I don't really think a generic line like that can be considered stealing. It was a nice little reminder of a movie from earlier this year-- even though unintentional. ^^

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Media All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6

Jump to: