Suikoden Utopian and Irrational Kraalesque Objective Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Pirates of the Caribbean 3: At World's End
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Buff

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

i got tickets reserved when i get off my ass and go to the theatre and watch it :P

Devoted protector of Ferid and Arshtat
SolemnSound

Solemn Sound

330634 Potch
100 Soldiers
48 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I may go see this sunday sometime. Although I dont know if i want to sit in the theatre that long to watch this. I like the pirates movies but thats just a long time to sit in those theatre seats and they arent comfortable at all really.

Felipe

Intelligent Turtle

584845 Potch
1200 Soldiers
500 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Just saw it. Awesome movie, really funny, good action scenes, and some stuff make you think about life itself. I really liked the movie.

Flame of the West

2849957 Potch
200 Soldiers
46 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I've got tickets for 7:30 tomorrow night, and I'm really excited. I'm planning on showing up a good deal early to get good seats, because I expect it to be pretty packed full. Good to see that most people who've seen it so far have enjoyed it.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Ikano

Prince Geass Falenas

2324315 Potch
1337 Soldiers
3028000 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I just finished seeing it (actually, more like finished seeing it 4 hours ago) and while I didn't particularily hate it I didn't particularily like it either. Alot of the sequences were too...mm..."chaotic" in my eyes so to speak as several things were happening at once it was too much for me to absorb in fully...

Even if they were trying to focus on a certain part in the chaotic scenes I still had a hard time focusing on said part.
Well...that's just my two cents.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Acheron

Stonewall Brigade

172597 Potch
200 Soldiers
1325 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I saw it a few days ago. I liked it quite a lot. I highly recommend it. Some people said it was too long but it entertained me the whole time so I don't think it was too long.

SPOILERS:
The only part that was "please" was Calypso going giant. That was just ridiculous. They could have done so much more than growing giant and turning into crabs. Maybe turning to ash and blowing into the air becoming those wicked ass clouds that began the maelstorm. Anyways, that was one of my only hitches.

Keith Richards played his part perfectly. /SPOILERS
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Goldy

Kooluk Companions

543627 Potch
467 Soldiers
4141829 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 7:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I went to see this film last night and i have to say i was disappointed.

They tried to do too much with this film. Everything was crammed in and chaotic. Even thought the film was long it did not feel that was because of the pace of the film!
Gil-galad

Flame of the West

2849957 Potch
200 Soldiers
46 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I saw this movie last night, and I have to say I did enjoy it. Yeah, there was a lot going on. Yeah, they could have made it about an hour shorter. But when it comes down to it, it's still a very enjoyable summer action movie. Johnny Depp will never get old in that role, and Keith Richards, even though it was a short role, was excellent-- and I certainly expect to see more of him in the next movie in the series.

Anyways, it's not like the first movie of the series was some masterpiece, it was just a really fun summer action movie. So, in my opinion, as long as you enjoyed the first and second movies, you'll enjoy this one too.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Earthquake923

SB90's Mechanized Monsters

179201 Potch
0 Soldiers
778121 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:

I just finished seeing it (actually, more like finished seeing it 4 hours ago) and while I didn't particularily hate it I didn't particularily like it either. Alot of the sequences were too...mm..."chaotic" in my eyes so to speak as several things were happening at once it was too much for me to absorb in fully...

I agree. I feel they cut parts out for less interesting one, ie in the fight in the beginning, when the second girl dies. It seemed like they wanted to show more of the fight but didn't.
Amyral

Windriders

544907 Potch
4066 Soldiers
620 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Balthier wrote:

They tried to do too much with this film. Everything was crammed in and chaotic. Even thought the film was long it did not feel that was because of the pace of the film!

I must concur, the film felt like there was just too much going on, so much so that they had to remove elements from previous films (The Kracken, anyone? to get everything in. In the end, there were just too many characters to try to keep track of in too many different story lines.

Although, I must say, the Davy Jones in a bucket thing was absolutely hilarious.
Ujitsuna

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

SPOILERS!

Just went to the cinema and saw this movie, have to say I have mixed feelings about it. First of all - Keith Richards was amazing, if anyone attempts to deny this they shall meet a fast and painless death. Now that is out of the way, I felt there was too much going on, why did the Kraken die? How could the writers replace Davy Jones with Will Turner and have the horrid idea of him meeting up with Elizabeth Swan every ten years to do something? Seems far fetched and a bad way to get out of a hole in the plot they'd dug themselves into. Jack Sparrow was as usual - good, I liked the focus on his insanity what with the multiple personalities and general Keith Richard influences, he was all round an entertaining character. I thought "Calypso" was just funny, why well because:

a) When she got her powers back she didn't do much.
b) Even if Calypso is the name of a Greek sea nymph it is also the name of a cheap drink that is fairly popular in England. A cheap drink that you puncture into with a sharp straw.
c) Why was she Jamaican?
d) I find it really hard to believe her and Davy Jones were ever in love.

As for the British, wow - is all I can say. Not only are they so evil that they fight with fish men who openly want to kill as many men as they can, they are also shown in each scene drinking tea. Well, one way to identify an Englishman in a scene is to observe what he is drinking, if it's tea he is the real deal! The most out of place and strange part of the movie I can think of is when the Flying Dutchman and Black Pearl turn on the British ship and Beckett is shown to be so scared he does not give any orders at all, not even to retaliate. What is to follow is the strangest part of the movie ever, where he just walks down the ship's deck with explosions going on in slow motion and splinters of wood flying everywhere. I think it's suppose to show some kind of depth in Beckett's character but it just came off as out of place to me.

Anyway, thats all I didn't like about the movie, I liked everything else pretty much.
Gil-galad

Flame of the West

2849957 Potch
200 Soldiers
46 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

SPOILERS

Quote:

What is to follow is the strangest part of the movie ever, where he just walks down the ship's deck with explosions going on in slow motion and splinters of wood flying everywhere. I think it's suppose to show some kind of depth in Beckett's character but it just came off as out of place to me.

Haha. Yes, so true. That scene was pretty ridiculous. Probably the most strange scene in the movie. How was he able to walk so composed through mass chaos? His hat didn't even get out of place! Why didn't he order them to do anything? Why did the entire fleet retreat just because their flagship was down? Sure it was their flagship, but they still out numbered the pirates ridiculously. Ah well. Despite that ridiculousness, I still managed to enjoy myself. ^^

Ujitsuna

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It was probably some ridiculous psychological pun in reference to how Britain retreated from the American revolution or something.
Acheron

Stonewall Brigade

172597 Potch
200 Soldiers
1325 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

SPOILERS

Maybe I'm in the minority here but I didn't feel like there was too much going on at all.

Kraken died because the East India Trading Company said so. It was a horrid beast and not useful to them. They told Davy Jones to kill it and he did because they had his heart.

Calypso, though ridiculous, wasn't necesarily Jamaican. She seemed to be Haitian to me though I don't know where Jamaica comes into the voodoo that she do. Point was that she wasn't from Europe, she may have been a native and she did magic. That came across fairly clear and satisfied me in terms of character foundation that they later built on by explaining the relation between Tia Dalma and Davy Jones.

Although it was very fantasized, the Becket on the boat scene did alot. It was visually stunning and it made it clear that Becket had lost all hope in his cause. He wasn't going to keep commanding, the battle was lost. He had lost Davy Jones, he was losing his ship, he didn't have an escape and all that time he spent pulling the strings meant nothing.

I respect your opinions, but those scenes didn't deter from the film for me.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Eden

Private Godwin Army

558571 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 2:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Tell me, is Klaus Störtebeker included? I mean, is it obviously that the Germans sent him? A friend of mine ´said so, but I don't believe him. Since I cannot be sure about this, I thought I just ask you who already watched the movie... ;)

The Fool
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Media All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6

Jump to: