Suikoden Unique and Informational Kriegspiel Ontic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

What is your favorite non-suikoden game?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jibrille Hillbert

Lollers

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Shadow Hearts <3 it's my fav game ever ^^
Nekomancer

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

As strange as this will sound...

1-The Constellation game. I remember when I was a child I used to sit on my father's lap and we'd stare up at the stars and make up our own constalations. The first to make the other laugh with a silly constalation won. My favourite was Squigglius- the wiggly line. I haven't played this in years but I'll always have a fond place in my heart for those cool summer nights in Arizona when the sky was clear and my father's lap was warm.

2a(tie)-Boggle. I love word games, this is a quick, easy, and amusing game to play when time is running low.

2b(tie)-Loom. Sure it's an old DOS game, sure it isn't that hard, sure the graphics are... well... it was for DOS afterall. This will probably be my favourite computer game for all eternity though. Bobbin Threadbare will always be my hero.

3-Scrabble. Ah, the mother of the word games. I have three different sets, a set to play with, a collector's edition set, and my precious 1957 set from my granmama.

4-Tetris. My god this is an exquisitely engaging game. The music also sticks in your head for days after you play.

5-Go. Ahahah, this game will always drive me insane! I can never win and yet I just cannot bring myself to quit. Highly addictive.

6-Dragon Warrior III. First video game I ever played. It was love at first level-up!

7-The Legend of Dragoon. I just couldn't stop playing this game.

8-Katamari Damacy/ We <3 Katamari. Roll up! Roll up!

9-The Fire Emblem Series. I've bought, played, and loved every installment that they've brought to North America.

10-Fatal Frame Series. I've never been a big horror fan, book, movie, or otherwise, but this game just called out to me in a way I can't quite put into words.

Others: Trivial Pursuit, The Game of Knowledge, Radiata Stories, Golden Sun I and II, Wolfenstine 3D (DOS), Pickle Wars, Star Ocean III, Harvest Moon series (and the sad thing is I live on a farm!), and so many others.

Flying Bolts of Doom

680830 Potch
3700 Soldiers
400 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I love almost every Zelda game, with LOZ:A Link to the Past being my favorite. I like Super Smash Brothers Melee and the Fire Emblem games that have had an NA release.
Teioh

Heavenfang

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2006 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

There's so many good games that I like, it's so hard to choose second-best game. But if I had to say few, FFVII of course, then Star Ocean: TSS, and Grandia, FFVIII, FFIX. As you all may see, I've always liked PS1's games most.

Blood Crusaders

2016645 Potch
214 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Very simple

Suikoden :D
...wait...
That's not right...

I'd say Final Fantasy and Legacy of Kain :)

Regards
Mister Alucard the vague forum junky

Proud Blade of the Nameless Lands, Alucard, Blade of Shadows
Zephon

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 5:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

pfuw, other games I like asside Suikoden, well, I have allot of games :)

I'd Say RPG's
-Final Fantasy VII
-Dragon Quest VII (okay, the gfx were awfull but once accustumed to em, they were pretty fun)
-Chrono Cross & Trigger

Action
-Vagrant story (guess it's more action RPG, but I consider it more action :p)
-Legacy Of Kain (all of 'm except the 3rd 1 = 1st on PS2, the fighting system was ....)
-Onimusha's

Adventure
-Little Big adventure (so manny hours spent, but those were some fun hours :p)

point & klick
-Broken swor(s)
-Grim fandango

Horror
-Resident Evil(s) (all of 'm except the once with a lightgun :( )
-Silent Hill (just to get scared a bit)

Zephon
Fudozukushi

The Fudozukushi Minion Army!

1081375 Potch
250 Soldiers
143 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 7:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Halo 2
Chrono Trigger
Final Fantasy II/IV
Halo: Combat Evolved
malicesoul

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Metal Gear Solid 3 Subsistence
Zone of the Enders 2nd Runner
Onimusha Dawn of Dreams
Magna Carta Tears of Blood - everybody hates this game....but I loved it!
Soul Calibur 3
Skies of Arcadia - mostly because its a lot like Suikoden. The recruiting, the base.
Malt Hitman

31st H.R. Regiment: The 31st Wrecking Crew

9905 Potch
0 Soldiers
5035 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2006 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Half-Life is my favorite game in recent years. Even though I thought the sequel was awesome it would never have come to light if the original hadn't been a groundbreaking success. Sure, other games had you running around with guns and cutting down aliens and soldiers but no other game gave you atmosphere that Half-Life gave you. It had the largest selection of weapons seen to date in a FPS as well as non-player characters that would actually follow you around and occasionally do things for you like open doors or back you up in combat. The game could also get on your nerves with all of the crawling though ductwork. It did get on my nerves every now and then but that didn't matter because I was always hanging on for what was next. Pipes collapsed under your feet, catwalks broke away, and soldiers rappelled in from holes in the ceiling and down from helicopters. There was also the variety of enemies and the odd aliens that populated the game.

This was also the first FPS game that I really remember being engrossed in its online play. I came in after the TFC update so I didn't deal with the out-of-the-box multiplayer, or lack of. Even playing on a 56k modem the TFC action was smooth and fast in most cases. I had to do a bit of a server hunt to find a good one but once I managed that I could lose myself for hours in the multiplayer mayhem. Every now and then I still go back to TFC and play a map or two as a solider. Any game that'll eat up a few summers of your life and give you a treasure trove of memories is worth championing on almost any level.
GallantWarriorGeddoe

3297 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2006 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Besides Suikoden games I own/play most of the Final Fantasy series, Chrono Trigger and Cross, and ROTK series.
Venom

Dragoon

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2006 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

My fav RPG games are Chrono Trigger and Chrono Cross. And yeah i like the suiko series too, especially Suiko2.For Pc favs are ES4:Oblivion and Warcraft series (WOW and W3).
From shooters i like UT2k4 and some "WW2 like games" (COD n MoH).

Ice Dragons

3650446 Potch
194 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2006 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I have to agree with Venom, Chrono Trigger and Chrono Cross were two of my favorite non Suikoden games. Chrono Trigger is classic as the SNES pinnacle of RPG greatness. Its on par if not better than FFVI for the system. Its a coin flip to me. The story was, for its time and even still, one of the best laid out stories ever for a game.

While not quite as epic as Trigger, Chrono Cross makes a wonderful twist on the series with dimentional travel. The Lynx avatar rules Venom. Some of the best characters are from Chrono Cross. Norris, Serge/Lynx, Kid, Harle, Fargo and Karsh are all really spectacular characters. I was hoping for a sequel to Chrono Cross, but there was to be nothing, sadly.

I tend to gravitate towards games with man recruitable characters, like Chrono Cross and Suikoden. Shining Force 1 & 2 (havent gotten the opportunity to play III) were wonderfully done. My nation (especially Hawk) knows how much I love this game. Its definitely a classic game that needs mentioning when I say my favorite non-suikoden games. Favorite Characters from the series are Domingo, Zylo, Bleu, Balbaroy, Anri, Peter, Gerhalt and Slade.. just to name a few.

I too enjoyed Skies of Arcadia, malicesoul. The recruiting, the exploration and the story was great. I played it on the Gamecube so I got more out of it than when it was on the Dreamcast. They added new sidequests and explorations relics. I loved Gilder in that game, he was too cool.

Lastly, Final Fantasy Tactics sits atop my list of games that I love. The extremely in-depth story as well as the characters that you meet, recruit and fight. I seldom see a game that developed its entire cast of villains as well as they did. From Wiegraf and Izlude ot Balk and Elmdor, you knew these evildoers as well as you knew your friends. Also the tactical style of gameplay makes the replay value of the game far greater than most other games I have played.

I'll put a shout out to Unreal Tournament 2004. Its the ONLY modern FPS I find worthwhile. Halo, the WWI shooters and such aren;t for me. Old school Doom, Duke Nuken 3D and Rise of the Triad meet New School FPS engine and its good. Plus I love the low garvity levels. Weee!!!

Fantasy Football (NFL) Sign Ups in Sports Forum!
Venom

Dragoon

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 2:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah that's right,i was hoping i'll find someone who thinks like that 'bout CC and CT. As far as I know SE planned Chrono Break but nothing happened. And there was that fan project who should have been already released for PS2,Xbox (Chrono Trigger Resurrection) , but SE stopped them. I must agree with you when you say that CT was par with FFVI (both games rulez).I find CT even better, because he had great story-even better then the one in FFVI , great characters and good-looking graphics. CC was a great sequel, especcially in term of great story and in-depth described characters (52 charas) ,something like Suiko2,lol.

I played Shining Force too. It was a GBA port from SNES, I think. Yeah it had many characters too, but I'm not sure 'bout the number. Does Shining Soul have any connections with SF??

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 7:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Silent Hill 1-4(I just love the darkness and atmosphere of them)
Resident Evil Series(The second one is the best imo)
Clock Tower 1-3(The third one kinda sucked but I still liked it)
The Deception Series(Some of the deaths were funny lol)

Star ocean:TSS(probably one of my all time favorite games)

Lunar:SSSC(Kyle and that chick in the white were probably one of the funniest couples I've seen in a game lol)

Final Fantasy V-VII-VIII-IX-Tactics(These are the only ones I liked and played cant wait for VI on the gba)

Tales of Phantasia(I love this game, didnt play much of ToS but the main character got on my nerves)
Captain Hero

Forsaken Elites

194469 Potch
361 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm currently having great love for City of Villains. I can't stop playing it! :o

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 10 of 12

Jump to: