Suikoden Uncouth and Infamous Kosher Old Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Astro Empires aka Tribal Wars in space
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tullaryx

Custodiae Corvi

Potch
Soldiers
20 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 6:50 pm    Post subject: Astro Empires aka Tribal Wars in space Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

While playing Tribal Wars I kept seeing the ad for this game. Since all these games were free I finally clicked the ad to see if it was just like Tribal Wars. Other than being set in space the game Astro Empires is pretty much the same game. Those who can't seem to make much headway in Tribal Wars due to so many higher-level players in their servers can check out Astro Empires.

Astro Empires

The Invincible Weeds

Potch
Soldiers
2 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'll try it out for a little bit I suppose.

Tundra, how appropriate. Hey, I ended up right next to Hawk. :)

Radical Dreamers

Potch
Soldiers
1337 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

So you are! It took me a while to figure out how the damn map works.

Iscalio and Weyoun are nearby too.

I got arid. I've still got to figure out what everything means in this game though.
Sailor Sexy

Mikan weeps for Brady

Potch
Soldiers
50 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I signed up after getting routed in Tribal Wars, set myself on the beta server since it had been running for less days so there should be fewer high level players hopefully. Had I known others here were playing I'd have set myself up closer to them.

~Uguu!~
fuji

Potch
Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I joined up. I'm in Alpha-04. I'm building a metal refinery. See you in the game.

___ "That's not much"

"It's enough"
Hawk Thanatos

Radical Dreamers

Potch
Soldiers
1337 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Excellent. Everyone joining up should join up in Alpha-04.

Oh and get a spaceport. Not necessarily straight away but soonish since you can make some good credits off them.
Tullaryx

Custodiae Corvi

Potch
Soldiers
20 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm also in Alpha-04. The best way is to build your metal refineries as quickly as possible since they add to your economy. Then build your computer tech to the point you open up robot factories which pretty much is like metal refineries in that they add to your economy's growth. Try and join up with a pre-existing guild that's large enough to protect you, or at least be a threat to retaliate against some of the smaller, newer and aggressive guilds.

Everyone's goal the first couple days is to build up your structures and technology to the point you can produce an outpost ship. Once you can do that you can go out and colonize the empty asteroids, moons and planets in your system.

Sanctus

Potch
Soldiers
12421 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm in at alpha 4, with a bunch of numbers after it. Do I win yet?

Radical Dreamers

Potch
Soldiers
1337 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well people should check out this Quick-Start Guide. According to that we should be able to have Outpost Ships after one day but I don't know how realistic that is.

At the moment it seems like we'll create a Suikox guild like we did for Tribal Wars. This one should be much more efficient though since we'll all be fairly close and can build second bases easier. We just need someone to get an economy of 20 first though. My economy is 10 (almost 11) right now so it shouldn't take long.
Tullaryx

Custodiae Corvi

Potch
Soldiers
20 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The numbers are your coordinates in the galaxy you are in. I think the tutorial could explain it better than I could.

Astro Empires Tutorial wrote:
Astro Empires uses a specialized coordinate system to denote locations, as detailed below (all numbers are separated by colons):

- First, the galaxy coordiante is designated by the initial of whatever server is being viewed followed by a number representing the specific galaxy on that server. For example, the galaxy Alpha-00 is represented by 'A00'.

- Next, the region coordiante is designated by what row and column of the galaxy it is in. For example, the region in the 5th row and the 1st column is represented by the number '51', for a region address of A00:51.

- Third, the system coordinate is designated by what row and column of the region it is in, in the same manner as the region coordinate. So a system in the top-right corner of the region would be represented by the number '09', for a system address of A00:51:09.

- Fourth, the astro coordinate is designated by the star orbit number and the planetary orbit number. For example, the first planet in a system is represented by 10 (first star orbit, first planetary orbit), and any moons around that planet would be represented by 11, 12, 13, and so on. Thus, the first planet for the above system would have an astro address of A00:51:09:10.

Sanctus

Potch
Soldiers
12421 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Let's call it something more neutral than "New Armes" this time though.

Tull: I figured, iwas just screwing around.

Potch
Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 1:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I agree, a neutral name is more preferable. Something such as Blasphemy's Lackeys or Blasphemy and the Suikox'ers. No? Fine....

___ "That's not much"

"It's enough"
Tullaryx

Custodiae Corvi

Potch
Soldiers
20 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 2:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

What's everyone's coordinates? My coordinates for my home planet and the two outposts I control are below. When people have raised their economy and structures to the point they're not hard-up for credits we should all set-up trade routes. Those who are closer to another member would pay less credits to trade.

Tullarium Prime - A04:24:08:10 (home planet)
Zacharium I - A04:24:08:21 (asteroid mining outpost)
Dolgarius IV - A04:24:08:31 (asteroid mining outpost)

The Invincible Weeds

Potch
Soldiers
2 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 2:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Here are my coordinates. I just started of course so I have no outposts and such yet.

Higheast - A04:42:14:23

Radical Dreamers

Potch
Soldiers
1337 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 2:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I assume no one minds me listing their location.

Troth - Hawk Thanatos - A04:42:14:13
Muse - Weyoun - A04:42:52:10
Iscalio Prime - Iscalio - A04:42:01:10
Higheast - Tapkoh/Sage - A04:42:14:23
??? - Blasphemy/Fuji - A04:43:16:30
??? - Yvl - A04:43:22:11

And is it one trade route per person or one trade route per base?
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Advertisements & Fun Links All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: