Suikoden Unique and Illusional Keystone Original Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Favorite Weapon in Suikoden?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Culture & Geography Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zahak

Queen's knights

20981 Potch
44 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Clive's gun!!
Yuber's King Crimson
Nash's Snakeswords
Jacques' Bowgun

As in fact, I also liked the color of Izak's sword,those swords reminded me of a mini Bustersword :wink:

Quote:

I also really like Tir's _____ Fang Staff. It just seemed so revolutionary at the time. Lots of games had their heroes wield swords, so it was nice to see a hero wield something different. Also, I think around that time, I was into a lot of Jet Li movies, so seeing Tir whip and twirl that thing around reminded me of Jet Li... specifically, in this scene:

You mean like in Once Upon a Time in China II, Obel Soldier? that scene particular in which Jet Li and Donnie Yen fight with the bamboo bo staffs is one of the best scenes in Martial Arts history!
dark-knight

Knights of the Dark

23181 Potch
50 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

riou's weapons. cool stuff to wield for a hero. something unique.
nash's weapon.
gadget's hammer?
pesmerga's sword = iirc pesmerga and yuber's swords have the same name. right?
TruePerception

Blind Eye

478325 Potch
1000 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I truely like Lyon's nagamaki, when I first saw the games art where she was hold that long handled sword one hand on each end of the handle, my first thought was that there was going to be a lot of twirling in her combat style, but when I saw here fold it away at the end of one battle, I was like Woah!!!! That's Badass!. Also, like Sialeeds' Chakrams and HeroV's Three-Piece-Rod/Tri-Nunchaku. So far, there seems to be many neat weapons (as well as everything else) in Suikoden V.

Edit: Oh, and the maestro beating people up with a baton is pretty cool, too. I just love that guy!
Hoodman

Saruzin

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 4:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

SV hero's tri-staff
Krile's Halberd
Clive's gun
Jacques crossbow
Tir's good ol bo staff
Anybody w/ two swords, Killey, Lazlo, Yahr, Yuber etc

-There is neither a more trustworthy ally nor fearsome foe than you, Your Highness
- Shula Valya

-Every lie contains the truth, and every truth contains a lie - Shu
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Acheron

Stonewall Brigade

172597 Potch
200 Soldiers
1325 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I liked the cool weapons in 5, so I'll black out things that may spoil things a bit for you if you haven't played.

I liked Yahr's and Miakis' double weapons(swords and daggers) as well as Cathari's sweet weapon(gun). The variaty in the game in how they gave names to all of the formerly would have been 1-Handed Sword's was greatly appreciated. Katana, Iai sword, Rapier, Nagamachi, and Nodachi(two handed though) were all so good. They even have a Zweihander, which is so cool eith her victory animation where she pulls the tab at the bottom and the blades go back in the sword. Awesome.

From other suikodens I've played(3, 4, tactics) I liked the Glides and Duck Halberds, I liked the Karayan steel, basically the Grassland troop weapons like the bow's/crossbows of the Alma Kinana also. In 4 I liked Lazlo's weapons, Glenn's weapon and Sigurds weapon. In Tactics my favorite by far is Dario and Nalleo's weapons. I liked how if you equipped them a shield they would use a shield on the screen. Good little featurette there. O well, that's all.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
AA

Spears of the Sand

366104 Potch
200 Soldiers
3121 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Im always fond of a bow user. I really like Andarcs little blade-staff thing too. Im also a sucker for double dagger/rapiers/swords, so thats Lazlo and Kika holding my favs, i also like the nod to Suikoden 2 they did in the naming of Lazlo's swords.
SierrasKnight

463 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 7:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hero 5's Tri Nunchaku
Lyon's Switch-sword
Assassin01

Team Assassination

575125 Potch
200 Soldiers
900 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 5:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

There is a lot of interesting weapons in the Suikoden series (such as Sansuke's and Gen's chainsaw, Sorensen's weapon, and many others) but i have to say that my favourite is the spear used by Zegai. I like the look of it and the way he uses it in battle, cause you gotta admit it has style.
MMan9000
Ralphy Leone Tensei
Lymsleia Falenas
psylo

Bloody Mage

567 Potch
50 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I like gun. Clive's gun. And the other cool weapon, Yoshino's naginata, Riou's tonpa, Jowy's and Tyr's staff, Lazlo's twin sword, and Star Dragon Sword.
That's it.
In my opinion, every weapon has it's own charming point. And the weapon i listed above is weapons that charming me. :)
Firefly

Wednesday's Army

20952 Potch
328 Soldiers
225 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 1:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Definately Jowy's staff, Riou's tonfa and Ted's SIV bow.

Kotetsu

114213 Potch
8500 Soldiers
510 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Dinn's Nodachi - I really have this sort of obsession with nodachis, and Dinn happens to wield one. The large katana is just too awesome to look at. And the fact that Dinn looks like a samurai is a plus. This is definitely the first weapon in my list of favorites.

Georg's Iai Sword - Another samurai-ish weapon. But this one is special. It's not really a traditional samurai sword, but the thing that I like about Georg's weapon is that it glows. And it glows red. That's really awesome.

Simone's Rose - Man, this weapon is truly unique! I tried using Simone against Luca Blight, and unintentionally, he dished out the finishing blow, defeating Luca. Isn't that great? Luca Blight got beaten by a rose!

Yuber's Dual Swords - I really find it amusing whenever Yuber draws his swords. It just pops out of his sleeves. I've kind of wondered how he fit such long swords in his sleeves. Nevertheless, it is one of my favorite weapons in Suikoden.

Killey's Twin Clubs/Katars/Whatever they are - I don't know what they really are, wheter they're clubs, katars, or something else. But needless to say, they are awesome weapons. I kinda felt bad when Killey decided to throw needles in Suikoden V and didn't use his weapons in Suikoden II.

Landis' Scythe - Scythe's are definitely one of the best looking weapons ever. They're quite scary too. Landis looked really good with the scythe. It suited his grim reaper-esque feel.

Jacques' Bowgun - I've never seen bowguns as big as Jacques'. Doesn't he get tired running around with that thing attached to his back? But then the size is what makes this weapon look really good. Definitely a favorite for me.

Nash's Grosser Fluss - They're really awesome. Nash should've used this weapon in Suikoden III, even for just a few seconds. I've never got to see Nash use this weapon yet because I haven't played the Gaidens, but I am sure that it really is a great weapon based on the pictures that I have seen on this weapon.

Frey's Tri-Nunchaku - It looks like a very simple weapon, but the way Frey handles this weapon is just too awesome. I really liked the duels in Suikoden V because of the excellence of Frey in using his weapon. It's so graceful, yet it is very powerful.
PesmergaS

Fallen Angel

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

My favorites are:

Pesmerga's King Crimson; it's a really powerful weapon, and he wields it like it was nothing.

Yuber's dual blades; they are really cool, I was always a fan of a dual-sword fighting style

Georg Prime's SV Iai sword; it's just awesome, I love his Battojutsu style of fighting, it absolutely my favorite kind of sword

Jowy's staff and Riou's tonfa, I just love them, they are both ideal for both attack and defense, although they require a lot of technique.

I also like Lyon's Nagamaki, it's really practical for use.

I am also very fond of Lorelai's whip in SV, in real life I have proven myself to have a lot of talent with suche weapons (seriously :D :P, so anyone who messes with me knows what awaits him/her).

And finally, Sierra's claws, which are forged from her cape, and infused with the power of the Thunder Rune. It's a really great weapon for someone as swift and skillful as Sierra.

Valence Turmeil

363113 Potch
10 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Kyril's blade that's for sure. It just seems quite unique :?

Valence Turmeil
The Protectors of the Crimson Deep
Sialeeds

Jowston loyalists

339093 Potch
55 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Tir's-Jowy's staff were really cool and quick
Sialeeds's dual rings were pretty cool too
but my favourite was the Boomerang from SV from that girl, dang I forgot the name..
hotspot

Dawlight

147042 Potch
53 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Sialeeds wrote:
Tir's-Jowy's staff were really cool and quick
Sialeeds's dual rings were pretty cool too
but my favourite was the Boomerang from SV from that girl, dang I forgot the name..

Faylen is the girl with the boomerang that you are talking about.

My favorite weapon in suikoden is, millie and faylens boomerangs becuase, i love boomerangs and i think they are cool.
Also sharmitsa and sialeeds chakrams which act like boomerangs.
And lu's automatic bow and arrow weapon, needle weapons that many characters wield and tir's saff.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Culture & Geography Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 7 of 9

Jump to: