Suikoden Utopian and Illusional Knowledge Orgazmic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

what did you name your S4 hero??
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
white paladin12

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 7:04 pm    Post subject: what did you name your S4 hero?? Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

i name d mine storm because it kinda fits in wwith the ocean. dont you think so??
Marth

Pancake Masters

4500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

wasn't there a thread like this before??

I named mine Josh For the first game and Pesmerga for the 2nd!!
Acheron

Stonewall Brigade

172597 Potch
200 Soldiers
1325 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2005 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah there was another post but owell. I named mine Nata, because of the word nauta meaning sailor in latin. Dennis was in the book but I think that name is a little indesript of the Hero. I considered naming him Rowan, which means Mountain Ash. The rune was on the mountain and can turn people to ash. Meh, o well.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Tony Stark

War Machine

536068 Potch
250 Soldiers
1600 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2005 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I named mind Duo, because it's a great name that really adds to the character. Short, and sweet. I love it.

Arrancars

5665 Potch
8300 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2005 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I named him Gantz, after the manga/anime series.
hotspot

Dawlight

147042 Potch
53 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2005 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

i named mine lamoir it seems to really fit him ,
dennis seems to fit him too
Sophita

The Wee Kitty Grand Duke Defense Brigade

498078 Potch
1330 Soldiers
2725 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2005 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I named mine Orpheus; considering the nature of the hero's journey in this one I thought it was somewhat approrpriate. Though now I'm wishing I named him Jason.

The ship is named Argo, and the army is named the Argonaughts.

And yes, I am THAT big of a dork.

SCII month continues! DueFiumi.com
John Layfield wrote:
But bubbles... children love bubbles! XD
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Acheron

Stonewall Brigade

172597 Potch
200 Soldiers
1325 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2005 8:37 pm    Post subject: Wait, Orpheus? Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Sophita-
Quote:
I named mine Orpheus; considering the nature of the hero's journey in this one I thought it was somewhat approrpriate.

Wait, Orpheus? The myth behind Orpheus is that he went to Egypt(for an unknown reason), joined the Argonauts(hypnotized the Sirens so that the Argo could pass), and went to Hades to retrieve his wife who had been poisoned by a snake. He was the son of the Muse Calliope and the King of Thrace, King Oaegrus(pronounced o-i-grus), and Thrace was the most musically inclined nation in Greece. He was a musician who played the Lyre, kinda like a mini harp. I'm not sure why you associated Orpheus with that. Jason I could see, but not Orpheus.(O yeah, did I mention I'm like a Greek and Roman mythology encyclopedia?)

Perhaps Odysseus since he was kind of one of those mythological heros that was sailing oriented. Whos the big Greek dork??? O right, thats me!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Lunarblade

White Wolf Templars

1428 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2005 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I named him Gilgamesh in both games...I'm reading the Epic right now so it fit.

Sinocard wrote:
I dont think I am above women, I think I am above everyone.
Sophita

The Wee Kitty Grand Duke Defense Brigade

498078 Potch
1330 Soldiers
2725 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2005 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

No, Orpheus because he went to the land of the dead and back. This hero's journey is to death and back; thematically, I thought it proper. Had nothing to do witha connection to nautical theme and I'm not quite sure why you think it did?

I went spoilerfree so I didn't realize the ship was your homebase; I was planing on naming the castle something else, but when I realized it was a boat, it didn't fit, so I changed it to the Argo, which was well known for being a freakin' huge ship. That's why I said I should have named him Jason, because of the Argo and the Argonaughts. (Even though, yes, Orpheus was an argonaught, he wasn't the leader, and Jason is a more appropriate character to name heroIV after in that myth than Orpheus is.)

(Also: It's Oeagrus, dear.)

SCII month continues! DueFiumi.com
John Layfield wrote:
But bubbles... children love bubbles! XD
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Beecham

Wind In The Grass

33221 Potch
75 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2005 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I thought Orpheus was the man who went into Hades in order to find his beloved. I wasn't aware he had anything to do with the Argonauts at all; in fact, I'm pretty certain what Sophita is saying is that she wishes she named her hero Jason since Jason is more appropriate than is Orpheus, when it comes to Argo and the Argonauts. Orpheus fit the fourth Tenkai, sorta, since you could also call his trips through the Rune a trip into the land of the dead :)

Personally, I went with Konami. Same name as the demo. Means "little wave" in Japanese, too, which I would particularly find appropriate.

I wonder what KCET's Konami means, precisely? I'm sure there're dozens of ways to translate Konami, just by pronunciation. Funny though that the only one I can think of offhand is little wave ^_^ *shrugs*

EDIT: Wow, this post looks stupid coming after Sophita's now ^_^;;; Her's wasn't up when I wrote the post, honest!

Last edited by Beecham on Sun Feb 20, 2005 1:25 am; edited 1 time in total
The Emissary Peregrine

First Corps of Royal Emissaries

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2005 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Orpheus did go to the land to find his dead wife, who incidentally was a nymph whom he charmed with his music (so saeth some legends...). He made it out alive because of his music, and was allowed to take his beloved home on the condition that he not look back until he get there. However, the dead make no sound, and, not able to near her, he turned around just before making it out, and lost her forever.

He is, however, in the story of the Argonauts. His music allows the crew to sail their vessel safely past the sirens without falling into their sway. How's that for a D&D countersong?

I named mine Raine. With Snowe, it just made sense. It's not so far-fetched that it couldn't happen; Snowe's family obviously named him. He was just a wee thing! Peradventure I look into such conerns too far...

-Will Rogers

Take the diplomacy out of war and the thing would fall flat in a week.

-Ibid.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Beecham

Wind In The Grass

33221 Potch
75 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2005 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hey, kinda like the name Raine here. First name other than the one I chose that I like :)
Gaara

Arrancars

5665 Potch
8300 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2005 1:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yes, I also like the name Raine, helps that it's my last name. :P
Beecham

Wind In The Grass

33221 Potch
75 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2005 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

That's cool to know. Now, if only it was possible to rename a character when entering New Game +. I don't think I'm going to begin an utterly fresh run of the game any time soon. Or, at least, not until a little while before V comes out, when I plan to replay the whole series again ^_^
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Character Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 1 of 8

Jump to: