Suikoden Uncanny and Inspirational Karma Ontic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

A regular character in the previous five becomes the hero in the next
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden VI Speculation & Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
shuxion

1500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 5:27 pm    Post subject: A regular character in the previous five becomes the hero in Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I would like to see a female hero like an older Pilika from Suikoden 2. Like in one of my fan fiction stories you can check out on this link http://shuxion.freehostia.com (Sorry but I had to get the cheap plug in). I really liked Pilika in S2 and I think she would make a great new leader. Another good one would be Paula from S4 or Zerase from S5. Zerase was extremely powerful so she could be a great hero since she has an odd affiliation to true runes.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Yvl

Sanctus

55224 Potch
1063 Soldiers
12421 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Peoples' stars don't chang, no matter what. I don't know about Zerase, but Paula has no chance of becoming a Tenkai in a later game.

Queen of Falena

579729 Potch
0 Soldiers
2545847 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah, stars don't change. But it doesn't stop a character from returning with a bigger or smaller role with a different physical appearance and ambitions, which has happened.

Jorge Prima wrote:
What? Our pokemon aren't obeying?

When a problem comes along YOU MUST WHIP IT!
iscalio

1681589 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Of course characters don't change their stars, Yvl. But I assume shuxion was only talking about Zerase or Paula becoming the main character, not about them suddenly becoming a Tenkai. Suikoden III has shown us that the Tenkai doesn't necessarily need to be the main character of a Suikoden game.
Inko

Nikostratos

629196 Potch
5000 Soldiers
465 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think it would be interesting to say the least. seeing how a few of the characters have developed. (like Pilika) Or if they focused in on one of the minor characters of the story, like what happend to this person after this happend, and basically have a journey following them.
Ryusei

Kotetsu

114213 Potch
8500 Soldiers
510 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Personally, I wouldn't want that. I couldn't picture Pilika, Zerase or Paula to have enough leadership to be able to lead a vast army. Seriously, Zerase is too bothered with her I-know-everything-but-I-won't-tell-you loner approach to have a personality like a leader who has great charisma and responsibility within an army. Paula, on the other hand, is another one of those loner types. That definitely showed in Suikoden IV when she isolated herself from the group in the start of Suikoden IV. And Pilika, don't get me started about her. She's too much of a crybaby too become a leader.

But it's an interesting idea, to say so the least. But I prefer to have a new hero for the next game rather than old ones.
Agahnim

Endurvakning

932410 Potch
200 Soldiers
36 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ryusei wrote:
And Pilika, don't get me started about her. She's too much of a crybaby too become a leader.

Mind you, Luca Blight and Georg Prime were probably a "crybaby" as well when they were five years old.

"The strong manly ones in life are those who understand the meaning of the word patience."

Last edited by Agahnim on Wed Dec 06, 2006 6:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Masa

Fightin' Nac Mac Feegle

418570 Potch
0 Soldiers
10000 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

With what Pilika saw, she could just as well end up being like Luca, only with a hatred for Highlanders.

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The only ones I can truly see being a future leader...even tho the stars don't align are Melville or Alanis

Sanctus

55224 Potch
1063 Soldiers
12421 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah, that's true, there's also Nash in the Suikogaiden games.

Masa wrote:
With what Pilika saw, she could just as well end up being like Luca, only with a hatred for Highlanders.

She did see Luca brought to justice though - Luca's father just sat by and let the rapists get away with it.

However, I am a huge fan of the idea of an innocent child we have gotten to know growing up to become evil.

Last Literature D-Line

509933 Potch
9300 Soldiers
3525 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yvl wrote:
She did see Luca brought to justice though - Luca's father just sat by and let the rapists get away with it.

Oh, do not start this stuff.

1) Agares Blight was not present for the rape of Sara Blight.

2) If Agares Blight had pulled out his sword (assuming he carries one when he's on holiday with his family, which is a big assumption to make) to confront the group, he'd have quickly died which I'm sure would have prevented everything! Oh, wait, I mean Sara still would have been raped and Agares would have a sword sticking out his face and with no-one on their way to rescue them, I'm sure even more 'fun' would have been in store for the surviving duo of Sara and Luca.

3) Agares did indeed flee the scene and, guess what, he headed back to L'Renouille and had Han Cunningham and his forces quickly head to rescue the group. (Unless you want to assume Han's never mentioned ESP allowed to sense that trouble was afoot)

4) Thanks to the intervention of Han Cunningham, as instigated by Agares Blight, everyone survived.

I've had enough of this "Agares Blight was a coward! Insane psychopathic genocidal maniacal Luca said it, so it MUST be true!" nonsense. Yeah, Agares should have attacked the group, probably without a weapon, die, and let the group keep a hold on Sara and Luca for an indefinite period of time, that's the MANLY thing to do.

As for why, afterwards, he didn't, say, turn insane and decide to massacre everyone in Jowston, or run around Highland hoping to hack down the bandits, well, because he still has the responsibility of running a nation for its citizens. And even Luca only lucked onto the bandits who, idiotically, bragged about their accomplishments within earshot of him.

Agares Blight instigates the rescue and instead of letting his own pain overcome him and drive him insane, continues to lead his nation on the road to peace, what a jerk!
Masa

Fightin' Nac Mac Feegle

418570 Potch
0 Soldiers
10000 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

For all the crap Jowston was always pulling on Highland, Agares was a pretty stand up guy.

Ficky Ficky Frog Eyed Frustrated Fools

2319 Potch
0 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

John makes very good points.

Frankly I always liked that in each of the games the Tenkai characters had little to no previous military experience. I don't know about Thomas' parents, but Riou, Tir, and Freyjadour all had famous military fathers/fatherfigures, but they themselves did not participate in any battles prior to the beginning of the story of their respective games.
Andarc

Lightning halberd

154551 Potch
143 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

John Layfield wrote:
Yvl wrote:

Oh, do not start this stuff.

1) Agares Blight was not present for the rape of Sara Blight.

2) If Agares Blight had pulled out his sword (assuming he carries one when he's on holiday with his family, which is a big assumption to make) to confront the group, he'd have quickly died which I'm sure would have prevented everything! Oh, wait, I mean Sara still would have been raped and Agares would have a sword sticking out his face and with no-one on their way to rescue them, I'm sure even more 'fun' would have been in store for the surviving duo of Sara and Luca.

3) Agares did indeed flee the scene and, guess what, he headed back to L'Renouille and had Han Cunningham and his forces quickly head to rescue the group. (Unless you want to assume Han's never mentioned ESP allowed to sense that trouble was afoot)

4) Thanks to the intervention of Han Cunningham, as instigated by Agares Blight, everyone survived.

I've had enough of this "Agares Blight was a coward! Insane psychopathic genocidal maniacal Luca said it, so it MUST be true!" nonsense. Yeah, Agares should have attacked the group, probably without a weapon, die, and let the group keep a hold on Sara and Luca for an indefinite period of time, that's the MANLY thing to do.

As for why, afterwards, he didn't, say, turn insane and decide to massacre everyone in Jowston, or run around Highland hoping to hack down the bandits, well, because he still has the responsibility of running a nation for its citizens. And even Luca only lucked onto the bandits who, idiotically, bragged about their accomplishments within earshot of him.

Agares Blight instigates the rescue and instead of letting his own pain overcome him and drive him insane, continues to lead his nation on the road to peace, what a jerk!

Let's see here;

1. Sure he wasn't present, but if he knew (as according to your post he must've), being king and all, I'm pretty sure he would be able to do something fast enough, to prevent Sara from being raped.
2. If he did not know, he couldnt send Han Cunningham.
3. As for the fact that Agares DID send Han, it's pure speculation, nothing more, as it isnt mentioned. Sure it is unexplained how Han knew, but so are alot of things.
4. No proof Agares sent han thus number "4" is a jumble of text and whatever point you thought you made is moot as of now.

SHOT DOWN!

Kotetsu

114213 Potch
8500 Soldiers
510 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:
1. Sure he wasn't present, but if he knew (as according to your post he must've), being king and all, I'm pretty sure he would be able to do something fast enough, to prevent Sara from being raped.

And that is why he went back to L'Renouille to get help. He knew he can't handle all of the bandits by himself. If he did try to defeat the bandits, his family would be killed.

Quote:
2. If he did not know, he couldnt send Han Cunningham.

He actually knew that he can't take all of these bandits by himself, that's why he sent for Han Cunningham. I don't know what point you are making with this one.

Quote:
3. As for the fact that Agares DID send Han, it's pure speculation, nothing more, as it isnt mentioned. Sure it is unexplained how Han knew, but so are alot of things.

It isn't speculation. It's a FACT. Han knew about the bandits because of Agares. Agares sent for Han and his forces to help his family because he knew that if he tries to attack the bandits himself, he and his family would end up dead. Retreating and asking Han and his troops for help was a wise thing to do.

Quote:
4. No proof Agares sent han thus number "4" is a jumble of text and whatever point you thought you made is moot as of now.

You want proof? Here it is.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden VI Speculation & Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: