Suikoden Urgent and Inspirational Knowledge Objective Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Who is Zerase
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
blue star

Galaxy

7500 Potch
0 Soldiers
401194 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Wait. Remember that the sun is a star. And Zerase bears the star rune. If so, is it possible she's the one who created the sun rune?
Gil-galad

Flame of the West

2849957 Potch
200 Soldiers
46 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The 27 True Runes were created at the beginning of the world. So unless Zerase has been around since before the creation of the Suikoden world, then it's impossible for her to have created the Sun Rune. It seems far more likely that the Sun Rune, or perhaps Night Rune created her.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
CAPTAIN PLANET

Headstrong

317417 Potch
2460 Soldiers
500 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 3:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Or perhaps both. Seeing as the Dawn and Twilight runes are "children runes" of the Sun and Night runes, perhaps the Star Rune is, as well, with more of the Night Rune's mannerisms and powers, and such.
ard, save the dirty talk for when we meet!
blue star

Galaxy

7500 Potch
0 Soldiers
401194 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I just replayed Suikoden 2 and 4. I am really sure that the star dragon sword which used to kill Neclord is that Night Rune itself.

When Viktor is about to give the sword to Neclord, Kahn said "We should not lose the Night Rune" That means it is proved that the sword is the night rune that kills and creates creatures in the night like Neclord or perhaps, Zerase who looks like a vampire. I think the Night Rune created her to guard the Sun Rune. Nobody said that the Night Rune hates the Sun Rune. It just said it was irritated by the strong light so it reincarenated itself to a sword.

Well, that's my idea.
Buff

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

the star dragon sword is the night rune incarnation.

Devoted protector of Ferid and Arshtat
blue star

Galaxy

7500 Potch
0 Soldiers
401194 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 4:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:
In the beginning, there was "darkness." Then, the "darkness" shed a "tear."
From that "tear," the brothers Sword and Shield were born.
Shield claimed it could defend against any attack.
Sword claimed it could slice through anything.
The brothers began a legendary battle.
At the end, both Sword and Shield shattered.
Sword became the sky, Shield became the earth, and the sparks from the battle became the stars.
As for the jewels, they fell to the ground and became the True Runes--The runes that all other runes were born from.

The phrase that I underlined. Aren't that sparks from the battlebecame the stars? Something in me tells there's a connection of it and the stars of destiny that Zerase bears since she is the bearer of the stars.

-+-+-+-+-

from wikipedia... about the night rune.

The Rune is also mysterious in that the sorceress Zerase claims to be the daughter of the Night Rune, and that she had her own Star Rune bestowed upon her by the Rune itself.
Ujitsuna

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 5:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Wikipedia wrote:
The Rune is also mysterious in that the sorceress Zerase claims to be the daughter of the Night Rune, and that she had her own Star Rune bestowed upon her by the Rune itself.

Did the Night Rune actually bestow it on Zerase personally? Or is that just someone editing Wikipedia incorrectly?
Buff

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

lol, wikipedia info can't be reliable since any one can edited it. i can go on the site and change it to ronald mcdonald was the original owner of the night rune.

Wolf Stew

Riders on the Storm

29081 Potch
43 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2007 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I suspect Zerase is a being who's similar to Yuber and Pesmerga. Both Yuber and Zerase have extensive knowledge of true runes, are very old, are powerful mages, are contemptuous of most humans, and are both human-looking but not quite human. Zerase seems to have an aura similar to Pesmerga as well (they move silently as if they are ghosts or shadows).

She's also clearly linked to the Night rune somehow, and it's possible that she was summoned by the Night rune to help deal with the mess in Falena. Of course this assumes that the Night rune still cares about what happens in Falena (and the Sun rune).
Scarlet Assassin

Disciples of Death

331436 Potch
0 Soldiers
2442517 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2007 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yuber is not a powerful mage Wolf Stew. The only thing Zerase has in common with Yuber and Pesmerga is that she's mysterious/dark. There's also no indication that Yuber knows any more about the true runes than any normal person would.

Zerase was once the wielder of the Zodiac sword, and thus was once wielder of the Night Rune, but I've never even heard that the star rune was given to her by the Night rune.

I think it's fairly obvious from the earlier appearances of the Zodiac sword, that the Night rune isn't concerned with anything except hunting vampires and arguing. He had no reason to know that there was anything going on in Falena, and thus obviously didn't send Zerase.

Chief of Beat-em-up Honeys Division, Devoted Protector of Lady Tifa Lockhart
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Ujitsuna

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2007 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Kuchiki Byakuya wrote:
There's also no indication that Yuber knows any more about the true runes than any normal person would.

I'm not sure about that, he indicates in Greenhill that his opinion of people with True Runes is that they are cursed and must be "freed."
Sun's Vicegerent

Divine Judgement

777674 Potch
0 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2007 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I won't get too indepth with the topic, but I do believe that Zerase's rune isn't just any normal rune. Levi did once state that it was one of a kind, and that might actually make her the posessor of a semi-true Rune (if there is such a thing).

I actually do believe that her rune is something similiar to that of the Dawn Rune or Twilight Rune.

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2007 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hayashi Ujitsuna wrote:
Kuchiki Byakuya wrote:
There's also no indication that Yuber knows any more about the true runes than any normal person would.

I'm not sure about that, he indicates in Greenhill that his opinion of people with True Runes is that they are cursed and must be "freed."

that can be due to he has his own true rune and also could already be plotting with luc on the events that happened in 3.

Ujitsuna

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2007 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Buff wrote:
that can be due to he has his own true rune and also could already be plotting with luc on the events that happened in 3.

Yeah but it shows Yuber has knowledge of True Runes though, doesn't it?
Buff

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2007 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

it doe but it could mean he learned it from windy during the time he spent with her.

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Character Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: