Suikoden Urgent and Illegal Kraalesque Original Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Who is Zerase
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Buff

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

that doesn't mean she is. just an assumption like many other things.

Devoted protector of Ferid and Arshtat
Firefly

Wednesday's Army

20952 Potch
328 Soldiers
225 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2006 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

After replaying SV, I'm sure Zerase is meant to be a guardian of the Sun rune.
When Sialeeds is using the twilight rune to attack things, Zerase says something like, "The Twilight Rune must not be used for that purpose!"
Well then, to what purpose does she mean? She knows Dawn and Twilight exist to keep the sun rune under control. She wants the Sun rune to be reunited with Dawn and Twilight, so that the Sun rune can stop its destructiveness and become what it is meant to be, according to Lekaat, a rune of healing and fertility. In the best ending, we see Zerase actually SMILING when she shes Dawn, Twilight and Sun together again.

As to why she is a guardian of it, I personally think she's an incarnation of the night rune, or what's left over of it since it turned itself into a sword. In the game, she says "If only I had the sword of night!" Perhaps she, the zodiac sword and her star rune are what is needed to return the night rune to its original form.

Unknown Warriors of Kooluk

500 Potch
2 Soldiers
13571 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I kinda think that she may just have been apointed by Leknaat to watch over the sun rune and other powerful runes on the southern continent just as Leknaat looks over the true runes. While leknaat cant look after so many runes so she needs some help so maybe she gave zerase the star rune in exchange for watching over and protecting other runes. but that is just my guess i could be completely off.
Master Ted

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Personally I think Zerase is a past bearer of the Night Rune. Or the past bearer of the rune. It's my belief that she played an essential part in the split that occured between the Sun Rune and Night Rune.

Perhaps at the moment the Night Rune abandoned her, ( the same moment that the split occured ) the Star Rune was borne and the Night Rune itself formed into the Zodiac Sword. If this were to be true, it would effectively link Zerase to the Falena of old, along with Jeane. It would explain why she's familiar / knows Jeane, and would explain why she's linked to Leknaat, as most people whom bear True Runes are.

I also believe that Zerase COULD be the enemy that the Zodiac Sword ( Night Rune ) is now hunting via Edge towards the south?

"It's my rune, my curse, my burden."
phoenixflame

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 5:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

:? I don;t know where I read it, but I seem to recall reading that Zerase was "a child of the sea god, similar to Troy, from Suikoden IV" not sure where I read this or whether it was speculation again.... I, personally think that Zerase is a powerful rune user, but not actually an incarnation of the night rune, I just can't see Zerase turning into the SDS....
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Admiral Ackbar

Seekers of Hawke's Hot Stuff

1008758 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think that has to do with the origins of her name; a more accurate translation of her name being something like Dzerassa, from what I've read, and that's a mytholgical creature/character.

In game, she has no connection to Troy at all, unless you count how emo both of them are.

^Actual quote!
Rune of Corruption

Ficky Ficky Frog Eyed Frustrated Fools

2319 Potch
0 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Of all things said here the most incorrect statement is that Zerase is a incarnation of the Night Rune. The Night turned into the Zodiac Sword and split itself from the Sun Rune many hundreds of years ago. The Sun Rune has been a single rune since it was born by the Rune of Old Armes.

I believe Sierra knows of the rune because of the Blue Moon Rune. The Night Rune allows for the existance of creatures of the Night such as vampires right? Because Vampires cannot be created with out the aid of the Blue Moon Rune it seems natural for her, being made a vampire by the Blue Moon Rune and head of the vampires, to have some knowledge of the Night Rune. The Blue Moon Rune itself could have told her of the original Night Rune. Still it doesn't mean she could not have met the Night Rune in person.

Back on topic, Zerase may not be human. I'm going by the bath scene with Bernadette and Nikea and the fact that she moves like a ghost. She could be of the same race that Yuber is from. It is obvious that she has had the Zodiac Sword before and, if I remeber right, she says she watches over the runes of Falena.

I personally think that she was made by the Night Rune itself to watch over the Sun, Dawn, and Twilight runes. The Night Rune left because it was annoyed by the Sun Rune's light. Being so close I would assume that the Night Rune still has a tie. be it emotional or not, with the Sun Rune and would want the Rune to handled properly. However, I may be attaching too many human emotions on the Night Rune.
Admiral Ackbar

Seekers of Hawke's Hot Stuff

1008758 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 3:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:
The Night turned into the Zodiac Sword and split itself from the Sun Rune many hundreds of years ago. The Sun Rune has been a single rune since it was born by the Rune of Old Armes.

Huh? Where was this said? The Night Rune is it's own True Rune, not part of another rune, and I don't see how it would be split from the Sun Rune, especially since there already exists the Twilight and Dawn Runes, why would the Sun RUne make more?

And what is the Rune of Old Armes? I haven't played Suiko5 much, so excuse my ignorance, but I doubt the Sun Rune broke off from some "Rune of Old Armes"

Quote:
The Night Rune allows for the existance of creatures of the Night such as vampires right?

No, that is the Blue Moon Rune. The Night Rune has the power to destroy them. It is doubtful this is the sole purpose of the Night Rune, or of the Zodiac Sword, but simply part of its power.

Quote:
Still it doesn't mean she could not have met the Night Rune in person.

She has met it, in Suikoden 2 she and the Zodiac Sword claim to have met before.

Quote:
It is obvious that she has had the Zodiac Sword before and

Or she simply knows of it, or has encountered it, as her Star Rune has a connection to it, it seems. It doesn't mean she carried the Zodiac Sword.

Quote:
I personally think that she was made by the Night Rune itself to watch over the Sun, Dawn, and Twilight runes. The Night Rune left because it was annoyed by the Sun Rune's light. Being so close I would assume that the Night Rune still has a tie. be it emotional or not, with the Sun Rune and would want the Rune to handled properly. However, I may be attaching too many human emotions on the Night Rune.

That's assuming the Night Rune/Zodiac Sword is from the Sun Rune. As far as I know, it is not in any way part of (or has been part of) the Sun Rune. I've never heard any clues to say it is.

^Actual quote!
Calvin

Legions of Zontar-Killers

817540 Potch
25 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 3:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:

No, that is the Blue Moon Rune. The Night Rune has the power to destroy them. It is doubtful this is the sole purpose of the Night Rune, or of the Zodiac Sword, but simply part of its power.

I'm pretty sure that the Night Rune does allow "Creatures of the Night" to exist. I think the Blue Moon Rune merely turns its bearer into a vampire and represents compassion and destruction.

*cowers away from BT for correcting him on Suiko-stuff*

Quote:

Huh? Where was this said? The Night Rune is it's own True Rune, not part of another rune, and I don't see how it would be split from the Sun Rune, especially since there already exists the Twilight and Dawn Runes, why would the Sun RUne make more?

I think its in one of the old books from Suikoden V. The book:

Quote:
Long, long ago, the sun rune and the night rune were born into the world, their existences intertwined. They had a strong bond between them, as one controlled light, while the other reigned over darkness. Before long, however, the night rune became annoyed by the dazzling brilliance of the sun rune. The night rune could stand it no longer! Turning itself into a sword, the night rune severed the bond between them, and went off on it's own. From the fragments of the bond left behind the dawn rune and the twilight rune were born. Ever since the sun rune lost it's other half, legend has it that these two new runes have remained by it's side, acting as guardians.

So, who knows if they were actually physically together, or one rune (I doubt that). There did appear to be at least some sort of bond that the Night Rune severed, though.

I changed the number on my phone so you can't call me up at home, and you can't say those
things to me, that make me fall down on my knees.

Rune of Corruption

2319 Potch
0 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

[quote="The Coot"]
Quote:
The Night turned into the Zodiac Sword and split itself from the Sun Rune many hundreds of years ago. The Sun Rune has been a single rune since it was born by the Rune of Old Armes.

The Coot wrote:

From Suiko Source:

Sun Rune

A True Rune governing over light, warmth, and nuturing, the Sun Rune is one of the three treasures of Falena. Originally connected with the Night Rune, the runes were split after the Night Rune incarnated itself into a sword and severed the link between them. When they split, two pieces were detached: The Dawn and Twilight Runes.

The Coot wrote:

And what is the Rune of Old Armes? I haven't played Suiko5 much, so excuse my ignorance, but I doubt the Sun Rune broke off from some "Rune of Old Armes"

My Fault, I meant to say King of Old Armes

The Coot wrote:

Quote:
The Night Rune allows for the existance of creatures of the Night such as vampires right?

Read up on Rean Penenburg . He was slain without the aid of the Night Rune. Here is more info on the Blue Moon Rune and the Night

From Suiko Source:

Night Rune

A True Rune representing the "power of the night", this rune allows "creatures of the night," such as zombies, skeletons, and vampires to exist, as well as easily brings them back out of existence, when normal methods cannot.

Blue Moon Rune

A Rune representing compassion and destruction, this rune also turns its bearer into a vampire.

I bolded the parts that addresses your concerns with what I said. Zonder already has provided the old book from the game.
LightPhoenix

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

This is utter and complete speculation, on my part.

My hypothesis is that Zerase is the bearer of the Night Rune.

My supporting evidence...

1) Zerase seems ageless. This could be because she is a vampire (as evidenced from Oboro's comments, the bath scene (listed above), and the comment box (from Nikea). However...

1a) Being non-Human (or humanoid) does not preclude one from being a bearer. Sierra, a vampire, bears the Blue Moon Rune.

2) In Oboro's investigation, she seems to be doing the bidding of someone. It is implied, but not proven, that it is the will of the Night Rune.

3) We know that losing a True Rune does not mean the bearer is no longer the bearer. Again, Sierra lost the Blue Moon Rune, but remained the bearer.

4) We know that the True Runes have a will, and even "aspects" like the Twilight Rune have will. Zerase comments that the Twilight Rune wouldn't let itself be used by Alenia, since it didn't choose her.

My countering evidence...

1) Oboro's evidence is hardly conclusive, simply speculatory.

2) We don't know that Zerase would maintain a connection - again, speculatory.

My theory...

Zerase, vampire or not, was chosen by the Night Rune to be its bearer. However, Zerase was sent to Falena by the Night Rune when the Sun Rune became unstable. This would explain the physical form of the Night Rune as the Zodiac Sword - its bearer is off in Falena. Also, we know from S5 Old Book 2 (above) that the Night Rune purposefully left Falena... perhaps it did not want to go back, but still needed to intervene. Zerase, as the Night Rune bearer, would most likely have learned a lot about not just the Night Rune itself, but the Sun Rune and the Dawn/Twilight Aspects.

The only question, which may be answered somewhere but I have not seen it, is whether or not agelessness granted by True Runes requires them to be an actual rune on the hand or head. If yes, then Zerase may be ageless from being a vampire, or less possibly like Jeane (since Levi studies them both). If no, then Zerase is ageless from being the Night Rune bearer.
Rune of Corruption

2319 Potch
0 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I would say yes because of what happened to the Flame Champion. He noticed that only Sana was aging so he discarded the True Fire Rune and grew old and died. So yes one would have to bear the actual true rune in order to be ageless.
blue star

Galaxy

7500 Potch
0 Soldiers
401194 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I have on theory about Zerase and the 108 SODs.

Something was mentioned in Suikoden V, that the stars shattered and spreaded to the world. What I'm saying is I think those stars are connected to Zerase. Those stars are connected to the Stars of Destiny every game.

Leknaat called her the bearer of stars, right? That means she's the one who chooses the stars of destiny. She knows whether one person deserves something.

Take note that suikoden V happened before suikoden I and II. And I think Zerase is an apprentice of Leknaat that guides the stars. She's the bearer of tha stars. She's connected to the night rune. I think the night rune created her to bear the star rune to guide the stars. She was also called the traveler of night. And I think she's a vampire or some creature that the night rune created because she's very pale. She even uses needles as her weopon which are use normally by evil creatures like witches.

I think she'll appear in many other games that konami would create since I know she is related to Leknaat's job.

Another theory is...

I also think the sword that Viktor used to kill Neclord is the night rune and that sword MIGHT be zerase because of the way she talks.

Note that the night rune turned itself to a sword. And that sword helped Viktor kill Neclord, a vampire, a night creature.
WalkerOfDawn

Howling wind

2544 Potch
16 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I doubt that the night rune ever came to Falena, through the whole game the only mentions of it are in a book that could come from any civilisation and Zerase who frankly came from anywhere

As for Zerase i think its not impossible for her to be any incantation of the night rune like the Star dragon sword. Also she dissapairs right at the end, and her quote says somthing about her never being seen again could be that she was never real in the first place(human real that is)

Like how the twilight/dawn rune are conected to the sun rune why cant the star rune be connected to the night rune. If that is true then she definatly isnt the night rune if she was she would have use of the night rune not just a 'aspect' of herself.

Her connection with leknaat is the real mystery about her. abd she speaks about her as if they know each other more than just what we have seen of them. Also Zerase seems to act as if leknaat is a kind of mentor(When you talk to her before the assualt on Sol Falena) she actualy seems to have great respect for leknaat, she also shows little estem in herself
Buff

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

WalkerOfDawn wrote:
I doubt that the night rune ever came to Falena, through the whole game the only mentions of it are in a book that could come from any civilisation and Zerase who frankly came from anywhere

one reason why the sun rune went out of control is because the night run left falena. hence the birth of dawn and twilight runes.

Devoted protector of Ferid and Arshtat
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Character Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: