Suikoden Uncouth and Inspirational Karma Orgazmic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

images in your mind
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
kuwaizair

blauuurgggh!

174392 Potch
0 Soldiers
1291 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 12:16 am    Post subject: images in your mind Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

upon talking to my psycrictrist about this, I would like to get a vast internet consensious.

when I go to bed at night, images somtimes intrusivly flash in my mind, some could be explanable, things I may of seen recently on line, or those stupid rainbow pooches I loath.

but others not, they could be anything, they flash and come and go. Shoes, hornets, a house, a butt, a smile face, a skined mink, a monkey, a lion, trees. anything/

I am asking you, the internet before I ask the psycoligist (the one who gives pills) with the other doctor about this, I ask you the internet, hoping if you have long screen exposure to games, the interent, TV, any non book visuals if this happens to you at night.

I try to clear my mind and it dosen't happen. I cannot unthink images, and somtimes If I try to think of somthing else, the other 'picture' comes back, or a new one comes.

Like I said, somtimes it makes no sence, sometimes its stupid, somtimes I get ugly things like maggots or dead things.

does it happen to any of you? I mean every night, even with trying to think of a black square and nothing more. Is this a bad thing? or is it a simple case of "No TV/computer x-ammount of time before bed"

is it because I'm a visual person and draw pictures? or could have some slight mental problems and -do- have neruological problems? is anyone here in the same boat? Or should I have concern.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Fudozukushi

The Fudozukushi Minion Army!

1081375 Potch
250 Soldiers
143 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Seeing images in my head/sight is one of the many reasons it takes me forever to fall to sleep. Images can be random or things I'm thinking up or things I'm planning on doing or writing about. It wouldn't be so bad if there weren't many other reasons it's hard for me to get to sleep. One thing is an annoyance, twenty plus things is aggravating.
Yohn

Confused Chaquita Banana Minions

464538 Potch
425 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm very artistically minded and I know about how images sometimes like to stick in a person's head. However, I'm absolutely excellent, however at bein' able to let everything melt away from my mind and replace it with something else.

I can go into it further, but really, everything has to be done by you. As true inner strength is just that

"And as the lion slaughters man, I am the wolf and you're the lamb." ~Blind Guardian
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Malt Hitman

31st H.R. Regiment: The 31st Wrecking Crew

9905 Potch
0 Soldiers
5035 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Do you stare at lights a lot? I know that staring at lights can have an effect like what it seems you're describing but not as vivid. It's like when someone takes your picture with a camera and it has a strong flash. An impression of that flash will linger for a minute or so after your picture is taken. If you close your eyes after that happens you can sometimes see something that appears to be an image. I guess it also depends on if you have a good imagination.

Usually if I have trouble falling asleep it's because I can't stop thinking about things. I replay stuff over in my mind but it's far from the random images that you're describing. Of course some the stuff that I end up thinking about seems to be random grouping of stuff to me but it could just be because my mind is jumping around.
kuwaizair

blauuurgggh!

174392 Potch
0 Soldiers
1291 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

ah, well I broght it up talking with my doctor, she didn't think it was to much of somthing to totaly blow off. She paints things, but unlike me, she dosen't go to sleep after puttering on the computer.

for instance today, when assuming power woudn't come on I tryed to sleep, BMMOM! a pig thing with a small elephant trunk comes in my head. For no reason. why? am I mental? It was an ulgy thing. Or was it because I looked at somthing ugly this morning? Or saw an elephant fetus in the afternoon? Somthing like that is intrusive, it not like I lay there, going over in my mind how to draw some Tyranosauris rexes, or pretty anime boys to lull me to sleep, no. (and now being hungry, food floats in my mind and hamburger people go on parade)

Firefly

Wednesday's Army

20952 Potch
328 Soldiers
225 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Are you on any medication? I get those sometimes too, expecially when on certain medications... I think those images are in the same category as lucid dreams, if they're not lucid dreams themselves. It's fun! Sometimes I hear things too, like somebody talking or a dog barking or whatever just as if the sound was in same room as me, but that's all in my head too.

Sanctus

55224 Potch
1063 Soldiers
12421 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 5:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:

psycoligist (the one who gives pills)

Psychaiatrist.

I actually have those sudden images flash in my mind sometimes too. Most of the time they're Go boards, but the stones are set up in a way I've never seen before, exposing me to situations I'd never have seen before, and making me improve randomly. This stopped once I started playing Go less often than 2 times a day every day, though.

There are also times that images from my dreams which I may or may not have remembered before that point pop up as well. One of the most horrifying experiences of my life was when something from a life-like nightmare (I don't use that term loosely, in fact that could have been the only nightmare of my life by my standards) appeared before me while I was wide awake. This could be the case with you.

:)

5591 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 6:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It's interesting how i ended up here. I usually don't go on this forums, i came this once and i find this topic. Nice coincidance.

kuwaizair wrote:

is it because I'm a visual person and draw pictures? or could have some slight mental problems and -do- have neruological problems? is anyone here in the same boat? Or should I have concern.

First of all I'm not psycrictrist so i can't give you a diagnosis, but the best way to find out if you have neruological problems is to consult your doctor about having some medical research of your head. Maby CT shots etc.

Second thing is about your first sentence in quote. Mostly artistical persons are having all sorts of ilusions stuck up only in their head. Moving from morbid and scary to pretty and nice. If you are expressing all of it on drawing paper than it can be positive thing, especcially if you can sell them (lol).

Anyway everything is ok untill you become unfunctional and dangerous for society. If that happens than you should be totally concerned cause those two things are firs characteristics of insane person.

As for sleeping part, maby you have insomnia, and if not, if it's only constant thinking which don't let you sleep, than look for ways that will help you. the easiest would be pills, but not the helthiest i belive. When i have problem with sleeping, next day i don't sleep over day and i try to do some hard fisical work to get mi tired. At night i sleep as baby... don't have time to think if i work my a.ss out..
And btw... don't watch TV or at Comp much, those things make your Brain work for hours later after you're finished with them.

And if you have problematic dreams, thats where I can't help you, or anyone for that matter. I have lot of problems with that, it's been years since i've been trying to find help. I have wery film-like dreams, with sound, collors, event tastes sometimes. There are times when I wake up in the morning feeling like I've been up all night. Although they don't let me sleep well they can be of some help. I'm not supersticious so I don't belive in some 'fortunetelling' dreams. I know those are images from our conscience. But they can help me develop some thoughts for artistic expressions. I use to write diary of dreams. There are lot of stories that can be extracted from there.

Good luck on solving the problem, if you see it like that at all.
Dew Dust

2127634 Potch
200 Soldiers
104 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It sounds like Hypnologic (Hypnagogic) imagery and it is normal and basic to everyone as since it is part of the human mind going into sleep. It is basically flashing of imagery prior to sleep or nodding off and on to sleep in the mornings. The imagery is in essence tid bits of like little dreams, flashes of what occured during the day or thoughts or fears.

We all experience it. It is just that some are more aware of it then others.

blauuurgggh!

174392 Potch
0 Soldiers
1291 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yvl wrote:
Quote:

Psychaiatrist.

I actually have those sudden images flash in my mind sometimes too. Most of the time they're Go boards, but the stones are set up in a way I've never seen before, exposing me to situations I'd never have seen before, and making me improve randomly. This stopped once I started playing Go less often than 2 times a day every day, though.

then that is helpfull. Unless I draw some of the things I seen, then mostly its not. (for me)

I may see lights before I go to bed, the computer screen. But thats why I'm asking forumites, hopeing somone has a screen addiction also.

@Firefly I am on lexapro and Advair and arobultol(astmah) but these have been there before hand.

@dew Dust. No, these aren't right before, normaly I get auditory hallcuinatons, witch I write down for fantasy names for future use.

@BSRB guess so, but once it was just a nest of bees. I alredy drew the skined wolf/tigar/mink and made it sing "copa cabana" because i had the song stuck in my head for 3 days.

Yvl

Sanctus

55224 Potch
1063 Soldiers
12421 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I suppose it should be mentioned that I have only played Go over the internet - so it's a screen thing as well.

1681589 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yvl wrote:
kuwaizair wrote:

Psychaiatrist.

This is funny.
Gil-galad

Flame of the West

2849957 Potch
200 Soldiers
46 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Oh, Mr. President. ^^

As for the images-- don't try to analyze it too much. It's not so rare an occurance, all it means is that you have an active imagination. So active, in fact, that when you try to put it to rest, it continues to focus on other things that you find interesting. I used to have issues like that that prevented me from getting sleep-- I usually cleared my mind in one way. Focus on one small thing, such as breathing, or one small darker image. After a while you're asleep-- and there you go. It can be difficult to not let your mind wander-- especially because it seems that you do have a very active imagination.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Schala-Kid

Sol Incorruptible

68845 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

If the pills are the cause, don't stop taking them. If it's a big concern, consult your psychiatrist or GP. Did you have your dosage changed or anything? that could make it start causing you to see these things.

so long as it's just before bed, it shouldn't be a problem. if it doesn't deepen your mood when you wake up, then you shouldn't really pay too much attention to it.

Lexapro probably makes you feel more awake, so you should probably try to take them with breakfast, instead of before bed, unless you like these flashes, and find them useful.

Lately my dreams have involved unfinished topics from the day. it's very interesting have every racing thought that didn't go adressed ends up in my dreams!
Tron Bonne

The party members you never use

579843 Potch
1000 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 3:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I don't recall seeing any strange imagery, but i have seen the "rainbow pooches" you spoke of. I think that's just from light burning an image on your eye for a while until it finally goes away.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Community Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: