Suikoden Uncanny and Irrational Keystone Old Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Wii Have a Problem
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cedric

Sol Ciel

472542 Potch
200 Soldiers
62 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 3:19 pm    Post subject: Wii Have a Problem Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

For anyone with a console, be super careful, please.

http://www.wiihaveaproblem.com/index.php?p=2

That site is filled with Wii mishaps. Most of them involve flinging the controller to something undesirable such as a high definition TV or a ceiling fan. Now, it's amusing to see it happen to others, but it's not so much of a laughing matter when it happens to you.

Fortunately, it looks like most of the mishaps are due to the weak string that came with the Nintendo Wiis. I think the later releases of the Wii have a stronger string than the launch ones. And the biggest criminal to the destruction seems to be Wii Sports. If you're playing something like Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess you shouldn't be swinging it that hard, anyway.

Still, just be careful and make sure that your hands are dry. And above all, don't get too crazy. It's not worth your friends' amusement.

Sanctus

55224 Potch
1063 Soldiers
12421 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah, I read about this at another site. You can't blame people for swinging it too hard, there's alot of pressure involved sometimes. I had a feeling this would happen.

Flying Fusillades

222963 Potch
75 Soldiers
3635 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Maybe the world wasn't ready for such the responisbility. I feel the reasen for all of these accidents is because when they tested it out in Japan things went perfect (hardly any accidnetlys). So they felt they didn't need to make them IDOIT PROOF. They were way wrong. You techincally can swing as hard you want..you just need to hang onto the controler a little tighter..I thought that was common sense. Huh...

Its funny all the same, I'll have to be carefull..

Last Literature D-Line

509933 Potch
9300 Soldiers
3525 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I regard it as less of a problem and more of a helpful way to wiid (see what I did there?) out morons.

Just because you have a wrist strap doesn't mean that the laws of momentum are suddenly halted. Learn to hold onto the damn controller.

If people can figure out how to swing a baseball bat or a golf club without it flying into the air without the aid of a strap, given enough time the less intelligent Wii owners might just be able to figure out the stunning secret of how to replicate this feat with their controller.
One day, I shall come back. Yes, we shall all come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.
Masa

Fightin' Nac Mac Feegle

418570 Potch
0 Soldiers
10000 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think Penny Arcade's latest comic pretty much covered it. If you get sweaty palms, dry them or something! Or get a handy Wii Glove at Target. Unless you're like, five, there's no goo reason for your Wiimote to go flying.

The party members you never use

579843 Potch
1000 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I used to swing my wiimote pretty hard when i was playing baseball on wii sports, but i never broke my tv or anything.

but my sister was having trouble with the defibrillator in trauma center..... she angry started to jab towards the tv. i stopped her before anything could happen. I just told her she needed to step back a few feet for the sensor bar to get a signal, then i grounded her from my nintendo wii.

Ice Dragons

3650446 Potch
194 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I have only played a handful of games on the Wii. I got Trauma Center and if you break anything because of that game, its out of frustration, not from a controller or hardware mishap. The defibrilator is nothing compared to later levels, trust me. I wanted to punch some stuff, but never did I have to swing the controller in that game.

Wii Sports I can see people going overboard, but thats because they don't realize how it works. With Bowling, Tennis and Baseball its all about timing. Its not the speed so much as it is the timing of when you swing the bat/racket or release the B button. With Golf, if you're swinging that hard, then you're over swinging the ball. The guide on the screen turns red and makes a funy squishing like sound if you are swinging too hard. If you want the best swings, it basically makes you swing lighter than all out.

Zelda does require some swinging, but honestly, I played the game sitting down and relazed, so if you're getting that much into it, I reccomend you sit back and take a breather. I only played the first 20 or so minutes of Zelda when you go into the woods after the monkey and kid, but that was fun enough to show me basically what the game is about and I dont see violent swinging needed there either.

These fools who are throwing their Wiimotes through the screen or into their lights are doing something wrong. Its not the fault of the strap. I will say it is a thin strip holding it to the wiimote, however if you take care of your games and not be so malicious with it, you'll lenghten the longevity dramatically.

I haven't gotten my Wii online yet, but when I do, I'll post my code in the Wii code thread.

Fantasy Football (NFL) Sign Ups in Sports Forum!
Ikano

Prince Geass Falenas

2324315 Potch
1337 Soldiers
3028000 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

huh...and here your title was so misleading to me (personally)
Here I was getting all worried that the first sign of internal bugs have appeared but turns out ta just a bunch of stories about people with butterfingers

oh if you want to add any other "problems" to this...I had a sore shoulder for three days straight after playing Baseball on Wii Sports *laughs* xD

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Tron Bonne

The party members you never use

579843 Potch
1000 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 1:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

funny, the same thing happened to me, only it was both arms and from playing wii boxing.

but a few wiis have had some internal bugs (.04% of wiis to be exact). some would have problems connecting to the wii shop, turn off, and then you can't turn it back on. but luckily nintendo will replace or fix your wii free of charge.

Rangers Of Mielikki

250081 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 1:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hmm...hopefully this problem will not affect me. I'll most likely purchase this console in another year or so, so I'm guessing the developers would have perfected the remote by then.) Besides that, the only sort of games I'd purchase on the Nintendo Wii would be RPGs (namely exclusives like the Fire Emblem series) and perhaps some FPS titles that tickle my fancy. I can understand how some of the more... 'fun' (in some people's opinions.) games could require you to go a bit hard on the swinging of the remote and such, but I can't see myself ever touching such titles.

All initial-build consoles usually have numerous bugs and glitches (however minor) so I always opt to wait at least a year until newer versions have been released. Considering the relative price of the Wii compared to the PS3 and Xbox 360, I suppose I might betray this usually method should a decent RPG happen along before then. However, gaming controllers are usually highly fragile, so there is a simple solution if you happen to break yours. Buy A New One. I've had remotes glitch up for no good reason many times; and I take the best of care of such things.
Yvl

Sanctus

55224 Potch
1063 Soldiers
12421 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 1:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Heh, my friend in college today came up with a good idea... instead of making stronger straps or including a warning advisory or something like that... make a plexiglass screen to shield the TV, and market it as an accessory. Nintendo would make millions!

481481 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 2:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Speaking of problems with the Wii, is anyone else getting the error code 110213 when trying to get online? I have yet to connect my system online and have been trying since when I first got it, anyone have the same problem or any solutions? thanks
John Layfield

Last Literature D-Line

509933 Potch
9300 Soldiers
3525 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 2:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

jjrrs wrote:
Speaking of problems with the Wii, is anyone else getting the error code 110213 when trying to get online? I have yet to connect my system online and have been trying since when I first got it, anyone have the same problem or any solutions? thanks

Bad news, bro. You're shipping your Wii back to Nintendo.

http://digg.com/gaming_news/Wii_error_code_110213_makes_us_cry
One day, I shall come back. Yes, we shall all come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.
jjrrs

481481 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 4:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

gee it seems a few dozen people here got the Wii and I'm the only one who got this problem? oh well that sucks, I'm not playing my wii much any ways so missing it a few days is not gona kill me.

So far I been too lazy to follow up on this since I haven't even hooked up my system after showing it off a week ago on thanksgiving, I just checked the official support site and all it says is to call a 800 number so I'm assuming I have to call nintendo and they are gona send me some kind of free shipping box then I'll pack up the system, send it back and wait for them to send one back to me in few days at no cost like for the broken 360s last year?
John Layfield

Last Literature D-Line

509933 Potch
9300 Soldiers
3525 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 4:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yes, the replacement comes at no charge.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: