Suikoden United and Illegal Knowledge Ontic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Eilie and Rina... Karayans ?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Character Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Neo Juste Belmont

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 9:06 am    Post subject: Eilie and Rina... Karayans ? Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I've been looking at them at Suikogaiden screenshots, and suddenly I thought that they are Karayans... Here are some proofs :

1. Both of them are tan skinned in Suikogaiden. And you know that in Grasslands, the tan skinned people are the Karayans. Sure, they're dark haired, but I don't think hair matters for Karaya. Lucia, Anne, Beecham, Hugo are blondes, Aila and Luce are brown haired...

2. Richmond stated that they're from Grasslands....

So... is it kinda true ?
Axiose

Altruistic Apparitions

100019091 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

There is no official word (I think - see below). However, you're free to believe your theory. As theories go, it's not the worst I've ever heard (and some are real doozies!).

You're right, they're both dark skinned. I don't think Blonde hair point really matters. However, being dark could be from travelling under the sun for long periods of times wearing very little (which we can see just how much they wear).

Their clothes are unlike Karayan's clothes, but that could either be that they're not from Karaya or they did the obvious thing and changed their clothes at some point. A feat very few Suikoden characters have actually done.

Being from the Grasslands doesn't make the Karayans, as they could be from the other clans.
Safir - more of a possibility as we don't know what they look like, their clothes could be traditional atire in Safir.

Chisha - A quick change of clothes, and more civilised than Karaya, so it's always a possibility.

Alma Kinan - highly unlikely as they I havn't heard of any Alma Kinan people that left, but then we havn't heard of people not leaving. And as Bolgan is not their real brother, there's always a possibilty. However slight.

Kamaro - They could be from here, as we don't know much about what the people of this trible look like - the females could dress similar to Rina and Eilie

Milit - I can't remember if they're from here or not? They passed through here in Suikogaiden and I can't remember if they said they were from here or not.

The trouble I have with them being Karayan's is that Rina and Bolgan would have fought against Lucia and her Karayan tribe - I doubt that is something a Karayan would have done, and instead of fighting her, they would have talked to her and explained why they are fighting with Dunan. If they were from another trible in Grasslands, then the fight would be more likely to take place as Rina/Eilie might not know, or be known, by Lucia.

[Axiose] [Fliktor]
Vextor

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

A few things that would get in the way of this hypothesis is that Rina and Eilie's parents were traders who were killed by bandits. Karayans are not known for being traders, which diminishes the possibility. Their family was also traveling by a covered wagon, which is q very uncommon method of translportation for Karayans.
Lunarblade

White Wolf Templars

1428 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Of course, that could have just been the writers not really thinking about the continuity they have with the storyline...

Sinocard wrote:
I dont think I am above women, I think I am above everyone.
Tetsuwan Zero

6000 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, but Bolgan is their brother (I think?) and he doesnt look very Karayan.

It is a cool possibility, and if they are from grasslands, then doesnt that mean that they are from SOME tribe? I mean, the Grasslands are only tribes and stuff, right? Or is EVERYTHING in Suikoden III the grasslands, meaning Zexan and all those places?
Vextor

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Bolgan is not Rina and Eilie's brother, but they consider him a brother anyways. Bolgan is originally from Zexen.

There are many other locations in Grassland besides the six clans, so Rina and Eilie could have come from those places not shown in Suikoden 3.
Kira Yamato

Dragon Army

7000 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 7:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It's very hard to tell where Eilie and Rina are from. If you ask me I think they could be Alma Kinan. With the outfits they wear and their skills it's a good possibility.
Axiose

Altruistic Apparitions

100019091 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I doubt they're from Alma Kinan just because of their attitudes of life compared to the attitudes of Alma Kinan. I doubt the girls in Alma Kinan would leave so easily and become circus performers.

[Axiose] [Fliktor]
Wolf Stew

Riders on the Storm

29081 Potch
43 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, we can rule out the Lizard and Duck Clans! Rina and Eilie definitely aren't from there.

My best guess is that they're from somewhere in between Karaya and Camaro....where the people seem to be darker. Possibly even Camaro itself, which is technically part of Harmonia, but seems to function as a gateway between Harmonia proper and the Grasslands.
Beecham

Wind In The Grass

33221 Potch
75 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Since when is Camaro technically part of Harmonia???

And like SARSadmin says, there're a lot of places in the Grasslands besides the homes of the Six Clans, so they don't need to be from any of them. Trying to guess is rather pointless, don't you think?
sybillious

Ebony Moon Knights

981865 Potch
59 Soldiers
60 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

from what little we know about camaro, it's believed to lie somewhere near the border of the grasslands and the nameless lands; some even include it as a part of the nameless lands.

they could also be safir *parents left prior to its destruction* or, most likely, as someone else stated, chisha. darkness of skin isn't really that great of a factor; the karaya vary in skin color, as do other groups from around the suikoden world, excluding harmonia, for obvious reasons.

gotta gotta get a...SPICE WEASEL!

to paraphrase my fellow mod, parallax:
I hate my job with the passionately burning intensity of a thousand fiery suns.
Beecham

Wind In The Grass

33221 Potch
75 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Heh, like a certain rather large warrior of the Karaya. Pale skin, blonde hair [that doesn't appear to be dyed] and no one questions this. So skin tone is a rule that comes with exceptions, apparently.

And for those who know who I'm talking about, don't contradict me, I chose my wording carefully :)
Arcana

The Engineers

190546 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Isn't Camaro the place where the Knight-guy whose name I can't remember is from? He doesn't quite look anything like a dark-skinned tribesman to me. He looked rather civilized, actually.
Vextor

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Camaro is a pretty much civilized nation located north of Grassland. It's technically located inside Grassland, but it's towards the Nameless Lands. Moore (Mua) is from there, and he sure doens't look barbaric.
Falcon Critical

Haia's Star Pupil

678159 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Bob of course is from the warewolf village and not that much older than Rina or Eilie. If we're throwing out such theories perhaps they're all warewolves :P

Seriously though, I don't think there is anything to point to Rina or Eilie being Karayan. Bob looks more Karayan than Rina / Eilie, and I've mentioned before that perhaps Bob lived with the karayans and blended in to avoid being hunted. ^^

Then again everyone just says he's a Bob Marley tribute, the Karayan coloured clothes being Jamacian flag and all.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Character Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: