Suikoden Uncanny and Inspirational Kosher Original Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Lack of Difficulty?[spoilers]
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Gameplay Questions & Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Acheron

Stonewall Brigade

172597 Potch
200 Soldiers
1325 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2005 1:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Keen is later. Don't worry about it. I forget who travis is. You get Keen on Middleport so its defently a ways away. Nobody real soon. You may wanna check online for the full stars obtainance list. Its not too hard to find. It'll tell you what you'll need to get and where.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Noot

Faithers of the Defend

186551 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2005 4:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Harukaze wrote:
In retrospect, the nigh infinite capacity for healing items was a feature from Final Fantasy we could have done without.

I totally agree, but it was rather convenient. Unlike the Blacksmith/Armorer/Runeshop set up this time around. I loved being able to adjust the entire roster on one screen like in SII and SIII. I wish they had kept it. (I lost count of how many times I ran up those god-blessed stairs on the stronghold.)

Orion the Mage wrote:
by the way, does anyone know all the other early recruits in the game. I just got Oleg and am about to head back to Obel. Who can i get between now and the cut scene? and how do you get travis and keen?

Travis you acquire after you retake Obel later in the game. Go through the ruins and talk to him, use an escape talisman when he asks you to, then go back through and talk to him again. As for Keen: when you get to Middleport, take Sigurd with you and talk to him, then leave and take Sigurd out of your party, go back and pay him 10,000 potch and he'll join.

Where you are in the game right now, you can get Mitsuba, Reinhold, Perrault, Rita, and I think Bartholomew. I'm probably missing a few more though.

It's hard to bargle naudle zauss with all these marbles in my mouth.
Gaara

Arrancars

5665 Potch
8300 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2005 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

You can also get Ornan in Obel, just talk to him and he should join.
Beecham

Wind In The Grass

33221 Potch
75 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2005 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Travis is definately much later in the game. If you wish to know specifics, I can tell you, but it'll be a spoiler.

Keen, on the other hand, probably isn't that far away from you. If you have Sigurd and Hervey [I forget which one, but it might be Sigurd who is important; regardless, as they join together, if you have one you have the other], then bring them to Middleport. You'll see the scene almost right away [walk around the port]. Leave the town, come back without them. Bring cash. Again, if you need further details than that, I can explain in more depth.
syun_ukiya

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2005 2:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

recruiting seems to be easy too. the only one that almost gave me a heart-attack was gunter.. the rest is easy its not like when you pick the wrong choice you'll lose them forever.. like in s3..
Sadness

Razor Wind

3668814 Potch
14500 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2005 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

You can lose some guys forever, like the two Nay-Kobolds and a few others.
Sophita

The Wee Kitty Grand Duke Defense Brigade

498078 Potch
1330 Soldiers
2725 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2005 1:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Orion the Mage, I believe you can go (if you're willing to go sailing a bit) pick up Perrault (at the Nay-Kobold settlement I think) in Nay and Rita, Reinhold, and Mitsuba (if you can beat her in a duel) at Na Nal. You might be able to get Ornan, too, if you haven't yet - I think I got him when you were finding townspeople to get on the boat.

For Travis: After the [spoiler:liberation of Obel, go back through the Obel Ruins (yes, again) past the original boss area. (Spoiler: There will be a big golemn waiting for you blocking the way before yo get to Travis, but challenging him is optional and you can retreat from the battle. If you do, though, the Golemn will go away and never come back, so it's a one time only deal. Talk to him, he'll say something about escape scrolls and you'll have to prove you have one by using it which, yes, forces you back to the beginnings of the ruins. Treck through the Obel Ruins back to the previous boss area where Travis is (yes, again!) and talk to him; this time he should join you without fuss.

For Keen: Take Sigurd with you for story scenes in Middleport; I think the cutscene will start as soon as you get within a certain distance of him, but I'm not sure. Be sure to talk to him if it doesn't to trigger the event. Sigurd will promise him something. Return later without Sigurd and talk to Keene, and he will negotiate a price to become a member of your motley crew. Best to go with at least 10,000 potch...or 9,999, if you're a bit cheap. :D

SCII month continues! DueFiumi.com
John Layfield wrote:
But bubbles... children love bubbles! XD
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Zaleria

1296207 Potch
13650 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2005 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, suikoden was never really dificult. the real challenge is in gathering the 108 stars. The bosses are easy except on some points like against luca in s2 but suikoden bosses are not the final fantasy kind of bosses where you'll be beaten quite a number of times. maybe on the next ones the boss's dificulty will vary depending on your current level...

Tonby, while I'm not in Zexen wrote:

I just noticed that if you turn Zexen Activity Levels into an acronym, it makes ZAL. Oh the irony! =P
Scarlet Assassin

Disciples of Death

331436 Potch
0 Soldiers
2442517 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2005 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The only thing that was hard in this game was ANgel hairballs. THose things just pissed me off so much. I only ever killed one of them, and that was in the Obel ruins at the end of the game. And It was Soul eater and ROP that took care of him. This game was a bit easier than SUiko 3, but SUiko 3 was a ton easier than suiko 2, and honestly it's been so long since I played the first one, the only thing I remember EVER killing me was the stupid dragon you fight in panyu yakuta. It's been the Suikoden way to put a boss in the game that was way hard to kill, but is Suiko 4 I was highly disappointed.

btw, those bosses were, Pany yakuta dragon for 1, ABomination and Yuber's "Pet" in 2, and the Ice dragon in 4. The only optional boss that gave me a bit of trouble was the stupid fire crab, and I beat him on my second try.

Chief of Beat-em-up Honeys Division, Devoted Protector of Lady Tifa Lockhart
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
ed_20

The Stampede

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2005 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Suikoden 4 was easy. I don't even remember myself having a diffculty in this game
I beat the end boss on my first try. I didn't even try the new game plus after I've beat the game. I guess the only thing that is hard in this game for me is collecting the item requirements for the set armors such as ogre set ,venus set and the others that I forgot.
Weyoun

Jem'Hadar

221521 Potch
100 Soldiers
5 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2005 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Suikoden IV was a very easy game for me.

The only time i had any difficulties was sailing tha ship around when i first started the game. It was so annoying i thought at first i had to wait for the wind to push me it took me about an hour to get to middleport from Razril. Just think how long it took to get halfway to Iluya!!!!!!

I never had any trouble with any of the bosses in Suikoden IV except for the crap at the Deserted island. In fact i have nver had any trouble with bosses in any game except for the Dragon Monster at Toran Castle in Suikoden I, and the Ice Dragon in Suikoden III.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Gameplay Questions & Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: