Suikoden United and Irrational Kriegspiel Objective Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Higheast Province
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Backstory, History & Plot Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Beecham

Wind In The Grass

33221 Potch
75 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

So... are you suggesting Teresa rules out of Greenhill, or am I reading you poorly? It sounds like you're suggesting, though I could be wrong, that Teresa could still rule Greenhill while being President of the new nation? I'm not sure, though, if Teresa's job is as simple as Annabelle's job was, though, as Annabelle had no real control over anything that happened in the other States. They were a confederation with a nominal leader, but they're a federation now, and that's a huge change.
Aurelien

1567728 Potch
0 Soldiers
157 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

No, what I was saying is that Teresa would be stationed in the capital city because that's where the president should be at. Now the question becomes where the capital city is.

1. If Muse, then Teresa worked in Muse (which would overlap Fitcher as Mayor of Muse, making him useless, and also need someone else to be the Mayor of Greenhill and N.Window).
2. If the capital city is N.Window, then Teresa would work there (so Fitcher could stay in Muse to rule it, and somebody else to rule Greenhill).
3. If Greenhill is the capital city, then Teresa would work there (so Fitcher could stay in Muse to rule it, and somebody else to rule N.Window).

That's what I was suggesting before.

While I realize that now Dunan became different than the City-States of Jowston, I felt that the Mayors of the big cities would still have similar (if not the same) control over their own cities while the President would simply be the person with highest authority. So while I agree that Teresa would have more control and authority than Annabelle back then, Teresa's job would not be focusing on every state. I believe that the Mayors would still be the ones more concerned with the local matters than the President.

~City-States of Jowston and Tinto Republic~
06.06.2004 - 20.01.2008

Sai Fujiwara

Executors of Divine Providence

22038 Potch
0 Soldiers
5678 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, this is certainly an interesting argument... Apparently SARS is convinced that Higheast was not the capital. HOWEVER, I'm not 100% convinced since apparently, all we know is that Teresa was not present during the Higheast Rebellion. (She might've been dealing with some official business in Gregminster, or perhaps even Tinto or Vinay Del Zexay...?) Another fact that you all seem to have forgotten is that SHU was the first Chancellor of Dunan. (Correct me if I'm wrong, Suikoden II DID say Chancellor was the official title, in the ending.)

Therefore, Higheast is STILL a candidate for a capital city. Maybe not the most likely, but still possible. Also, it would seem that Jude or even Emilia could be mayor of Greenhill after the war. Most likely Teresa resumed her duties there until Shu retired before the Higheast Rebellion. At this time, I would assume that Teresa moved to the capital city... Which is still a topic of debate here. Teresa was also headmistress of New Leaf Academy AND mayor during Suikoden II, It says in the ending that Emilia becomes headmistress of New Leaf at some later date. My guess is that those two titles are intertwined like Annabelle's title of Chair of the City-State as well as Mayor of Muse.

There is NO DOUBT that Fitcher became Mayor of Muse, which is what makes this an interesting debate. It's hard to imagine that you would need a mayor AND president in those early times. I'm pretty sure that back in the day, the King of England was ALSO Lord of London as well. I'm not British, so feel free to correct me on that. Therefore, I have to give the nod to Bugg on this one. Even though there is a mayor of Washington, Washington is a MODERN city with a lot of problems that the President just cannot be bothered with. This didn't appear to be the case in Jowston.

So, what about North Window? My GUESS... Is that it's either the initial capital, OR it went back to its old purpose that it served when Viktor lived there. It was initially a military fort, so it's quite possible that Hauser (the Dunan Grand General) is the administrator of the town. This is a speculation, as it all pretty much is, thanks to the lack of information that Konami has given us.

Either way, it still makes PERFECT sense for Higheast to be the capital, before, and ESPECIALLY after the Higheast Rebellion. Again, it's all speculation on our part as to what exactly it was. For all we know, Greenhill was the new capital, or possibly even Rockaxe!

Happily Married to the Lovely Lady Chris Lightfellow! :D
Vextor

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It's very unlikely for Higheast to have been the capital, mainly because it's politically stupid considering Dunan's beureaucratic center and infrastructure is already established in either Muse or Northwindow. Also, the fact that Higheast was merely a province within the Muse Principality also makes it pretty much impossible for Higheast to have been the capital. If that were the case, it wouldn't be called the Muse Principality anymore.

I wouldn't say that there is "perfect sense" for something unless there is a convincing argument to support it. I don't see any convincing evidence for the likelihood that Higheast can possibly be the capital of Dunan.
Aurelien

1567728 Potch
0 Soldiers
157 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Sai Fujiwara wrote:
all we know is that Teresa was not present during the Higheast Rebellion. (She might've been dealing with some official business in Gregminster, or perhaps even Tinto or Vinay Del Zexay...?

From Suikox's timeline:
Quote:
Harmonia invaded Dunan Republic's Higheast Province when Highland loyalists led a rebellion. President Teresa Wisemail fought against Harmonia with the aid of Shu and managed to defeat the rebellion and push back Harmonia.

So it is proven that Teresa was there during the Higheast Rebellion.

Sai Fujiwara wrote:
nother fact that you all seem to have forgotten is that SHU was the first Chancellor of Dunan. (Correct me if I'm wrong, Suikoden II DID say Chancellor was the official title, in the ending.)

Which is exactly why Shu was not the leader of Dunan, because the leader would've been titled as President. From Suikox's bio on Teresa:
Quote:
Many asked her to become the Acting President of the Dunan Republic until a formal election can take place. This resulted in Tinto breaking off from the Dunan Republic, but Teresa neverthless enjoyed wide support. After a year as an Acting President, she was elected as President.

So Shu's role was simply as a chancellor, which is more like a secretary/advisor of the nation instead of the leader.

Sai Fujiwara wrote:
My guess is that those two titles are intertwined like Annabelle's title of Chair of the City-State as well as Mayor of Muse.

I disagree with that idea very much. Mayor of Muse and leader of City-States bear very similar responsibility, so it's possible that the two titles were held by 1 person. But on the other hand, headmistress of a school is very different than being a Mayor of a big city. I simply cannot see that the two titles being held by 1 person all the time.

Sai Fujiwara wrote:
Either way, it still makes PERFECT sense for Higheast to be the capital, before, and ESPECIALLY after the Higheast Rebellion.

What I'm confused with your speculation here is that you barely mention anything that supported the idea of Higheast being the capital city other than saying that it's possible.

I, myself, tend to not think that Higheast is the capital city for the following reasons:
1. Higheast was Highland's territory prior to Dunan Unification War, it wouldn't really make sense to use the loser nation's capital city as the new capital city.
2. Higheast location directly bordered to Harmonia. With foreign threat like that, I doubt that it would be wise to use Higheast as the capital city. It'd be very easy to be attacked.
3. No reason to have Higheast as capital city. I mean, Muse could be used because it has Jowston Hill and was the capital city of City-States of Jowston. Greenhill is a candidate because Teresa is from there. North Window is a candidate as well because that's the HQ of the Jowston Alliance Army during the Dunan Unification War. Higheast? No reason.

Having said that, I'm quite sure that Higheast is not the capital city of Dunan.

06.06.2004 - 20.01.2008

Horned Loa

Guardians of the Merchant

96000 Potch
1000 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 3:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Shrew wrote:
My memory's fuzzy, but during the ending of SII where Riou becomes the leader, isn't he seen working in Muse? Of course this could be only a temporary location, before any moves, but it seems to me that the government would stay in Muse. After all, Jowston Hill is in Muse, and that should still remain a symbol of the alliance. You can still have a mayor run the city anyway, while the Federal government is also hanging out there.

I believe that Muse is still the City-State capital because the city itself was built that way. The City Hall was a perfect place for the Muse Governor to do their every day work with the Jowston Hill a perfect setting for official meetings of all the City-State leaders and representatives. The location is still intact which is something no other place has. The Dunan Castle had a ROOM in which everyone had to stand and was used due to the urgency of the war. Greenhill, South Window, Tinto and Two-River are just too small and have two-room City Halls. Higheast aka L'Renouille COULD be a good position for a capital but then the question of why would Jowy move to Muse comes to mind. I know it was closer to the whole war scene but he brought along Pilika and it really had the feel that Muse became his center of operations. It is after all conveniently placed in the middle of City-State for easy access by all the state representatives.

Bugg wrote:
1. Since Teresa became the president, and if Muse is the capital city, who would've been left in charge of Greenhill? During the game, Greenhill didn't show any worthy successor at all. Shin went away, Emelia was a simple librarian, Jude was a sculptor, Nina was hopeless.

I sense you are not the biggest Nina fan here haha. Well the fact is she was only a student at the time. I'm sure she would have matured by the time the war had finished. She was part of Riou's army after all. She could very well make a good candidate for a Muse representative and she is someone Teresa would trust.

Bugg wrote:
2. What happened to North Window? Ignored as if it never existed? I have a sneaky suspicion that it would've made more sense if it became the capital city. That way Fitcher could stay as Mayor of Muse instead of being overlapped by President Teresa. And IMO, North Window is more strategic compared to Muse that is directly bordered to the Higheast/Highland.

Haha, I don't know why but I find it reaaaaally hard to picture Fitcher as a mayor. I believe Teresa would have more use out of him doing the jobs he already did whilst under the service of Anabelle, Mikai and Riou.

Deacon Sai wrote:
There is NO DOUBT that Fitcher became Mayor of Muse, which is what makes this an interesting debate.

Whaaaaa? No way!!! This is heavy speculation that he is now Mayor. Surely he was next in line by Muse law but since Teresa took over and Muse itself is indebted to her for saving them from Highland and taking in their soldiers when Jowy first took them over I doubt they'd have problems over making her their official Mayor. There is always a possibility of Fitcher being a Mayor but it isn't certain by a long shot.

Bugg wrote:
Which is exactly why Shu was not the leader of Dunan, because the leader would've been titled as President. From Suikox's bio on Teresa:

Shu would have most likely stayed in Toran Castle.

Bugg wrote:
I disagree with that idea very much. Mayor of Muse and leader of City-States bear very similar responsibility, so it's possible that the two titles were held by 1 person. But on the other hand, headmistress of a school is very different than being a Mayor of a big city. I simply cannot see that the two titles being held by 1 person all the time.

I in turn shall have to disagree with your idea as being a Mayor of a single city and taking care of only your people is far different than managing the alliances and trade routes throughout the entire nation. There would be FAR more work involved for a president of the state than there would be for a Mayor. Kind of like a moderator and an administrator.

All in all I believe that Muse would still be the place to run all the City-State affairs from with Dunan Castle being a third and Higheast a distant third.
Axiose

Altruistic Apparitions

100019091 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 4:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:
Whaaaaa? No way!!! This is heavy speculation that he is now Mayor

I havn't time to read and reply to all this as I've got to run to work now, but yes, Fitcher is the Mayor. It was his character story at the end of the Suikoden II, and during Suikoden III, a person in Caleria actually mentions Mayor Fitcher in respects to trade.

But quickly, Muse would make the obvious capital, in the same way Gregminster is the capital, but there is still Toran Castle on Lake Toran, there will be Northwindow Castle, but Muse will be capital.

[Axiose] [Fliktor]
Aurelien

1567728 Potch
0 Soldiers
157 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 7:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Black Fang wrote:
Well the fact is she was only a student at the time. I'm sure she would have matured by the time the war had finished.

Have a look again after you finished the game, and see for yourself that she was still trying a pitiful attempt of stalking Flik. Not so mature at all IMO. She might be mature when she reached her 30s, but definitely not in near future after the end of Dunan Unification War.

Black Fang wrote:
Haha, I don't know why but I find it reaaaaally hard to picture Fitcher as a mayor.

As Fliktor mentioned, and you could also check Fitcher's bio in SARS, Fitcher is indeed the Mayor of Muse. It's a fact.

Black Fang wrote:
Shu would have most likely stayed in Toran Castle

I think you meant North Window rather than Toran Castle?

Black Fang wrote:
I in turn shall have to disagree with your idea as being a Mayor of a single city and taking care of only your people is far different than managing the alliances and trade routes throughout the entire nation. There would be FAR more work involved for a president of the state than there would be for a Mayor. Kind of like a moderator and an administrator.

Err .... I think you missed the point. I'm not saying that the workload of a Mayor and a President are the same. I'm saying that the responsibility was similar, in a sense that a Mayor was responsible for a state, while a President was responsible for the nation. So if one can be a competent Mayor of a state, most likely that person could be a competent President as well (ignoring the whole popularity issue).

On the other hand, being a headmistress of an academy is totally different than being a Mayor. I hope you understand my point in a clearer way now.

06.06.2004 - 20.01.2008

Horned Loa

96000 Potch
1000 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Fliktor wrote:
I havn't time to read and reply to all this as I've got to run to work now, but yes, Fitcher is the Mayor. It was his character story at the end of the Suikoden II, and during Suikoden III, a person in Caleria actually mentions Mayor Fitcher in respects to trade.

I know this but what I meant is that Teresa became the president a year after the Dunan Unification War ended and I just think that Fitcher isn't Mayor material. Teresa would more than likely use him to do jobs similar to the ones he did for Lady Anabelle and Plenipotentiary Mikai. He has a loose tongue and street smarts. He doesn't seem like the type to sit in an office all day long doing paper work. He could have changed though.

Bugg wrote:
Have a look again after you finished the game, and see for yourself that she was still trying a pitiful attempt of stalking Flik. Not so mature at all IMO. She might be mature when she reached her 30s, but definitely not in near future after the end of Dunan Unification War.

Well yes she still does have her school girl crush, but if you notice she puts that away when things get serious like the scene in Teresa's hideout when Highland was searching for her. She was the one who talked her out of surrendering and she was the one that got the citizens of Greenhill to stand up to the Highland soldiers. She was also capable of bringing aroud supplies to Teresa without being found out, which surely takes a lot of responsibility as that is a heavy burden for a mature girl to take, let alone an immature one.

Bugg wrote:
I think you meant North Window rather than Toran Castle?

Bleh, I meant Dunan castle! North Window was officially renamed when Riou took over. Even though it does have a custom name and I don't think an official one has been given, Viktor does mention that North Window was the name of a city that no longer exists when you first establish your headquarters.

Bugg wrote:
On the other hand, being a headmistress of an academy is totally different than being a Mayor. I hope you understand my point in a clearer way now.

Well yes I do get your argument and I agree with you on that one. :mrgreen:
Beecham

Wind In The Grass

33221 Potch
75 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Black Fang wrote:
I believe that Muse is still the City-State capital because the city itself was built that way. The City Hall was a perfect place for the Muse Governor to do their every day work with the Jowston Hill a perfect setting for official meetings of all the City-State leaders and representatives. The location is still intact which is something no other place has. The Dunan Castle had a ROOM in which everyone had to stand and was used due to the urgency of the war.

I hear they make tables and chairs that can be moved from place to place, now. They don't grow out of the floor anymore, isn't it amazing?

Black Fang wrote:
Greenhill, South Window, Tinto and Two-River are just too small and have two-room City Halls.

Yes, and Muse had what, two or three buildings that weren't shops? Hardpressed to fit very many people in there. This is a video game. They don't have the capabilities to depict buildings OR towns as being nearly as large as they would be were the story real, or even if the medium was video. Were Suikoden a movie, and could you actually go anywhere and see everything, you might find much larger buildings than the ones we saw.

Black Fang wrote:
Bugg wrote:
1. Since Teresa became the president, and if Muse is the capital city, who would've been left in charge of Greenhill? During the game, Greenhill didn't show any worthy successor at all. Shin went away, Emelia was a simple librarian, Jude was a sculptor, Nina was hopeless.

I sense you are not the biggest Nina fan here haha. Well the fact is she was only a student at the time. I'm sure she would have matured by the time the war had finished. She was part of Riou's army after all. She could very well make a good candidate for a Muse representative and she is someone Teresa would trust.

Forgetting, perhaps, that Nina is still a child? Give her a few years to finish grade school, and a couple more to get actual training in politics, and then we'll talk. But if we're thinking about information we actually have, then Bugg is correct. With the -possible- exception of Emelia, for whom I have no opinion.

Black Fang wrote:
Whaaaaa? No way!!! This is heavy speculation that he is now Mayor. Surely he was next in line by Muse law but since Teresa took over and Muse itself is indebted to her for saving them from Highland and taking in their soldiers when Jowy first took them over I doubt they'd have problems over making her their official Mayor. There is always a possibility of Fitcher being a Mayor but it isn't certain by a long shot.

Or, you know, you could read the information in the games and that is provided conveniently for everyone right here on the website. Whichever.

As for the Emelia thing, perhaps I do have an opinion after all. Greenhill, remember, -is- a college town. It wasn't even its own State for some time, but was a part of Muse that was granted freedom. I believe, also, that they explained somewhere in-game that the mayors are all headmasters and mistresses. I could be wrong here, so I'm not going to argue the point. It's been too long since I've played the game all the way through to be certain.
Axiose

Altruistic Apparitions

100019091 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:
Fliktor wrote:

I know this but what I meant is that Teresa became the president a year after the Dunan Unification War ended and I just think that Fitcher isn't Mayor material. Teresa would more than likely use him to do jobs similar to the ones he did for Lady Anabelle and Plenipotentiary Mikai. He has a loose tongue and street smarts. He doesn't seem like the type to sit in an office all day long doing paper work. He could have changed though.

I understand what you're saying Black Fang, but it's official that Fitcher is Mayor. He seemed very slimey and underhanded when you first meet him in Suikoden II - especially his portrait picture - but I think he shows true merit throughout Suikoden II. I think he'd be a fairly good mayor. And as in Suikoden III, he's refered to as Mayor Fitcher, I'd say he stayed in his position as Mayor of Muse.

I would say Teresa was the leader of the alliance. Whilst each leader of the city goverened and dealt with the domestic problems of each city, I would say Teresa ruled over them, so I don't think she'd delegate jobs to him anymore than she would delegate jobs to the other leaders of the respective cities.

Harukaze:

Quote:
I hear they make tables and chairs that can be moved from place to place, now. They don't grow out of the floor anymore, isn't it amazing?

Quote:
Or, you know, you could read the information in the games and that is provided conveniently for everyone right here on the website. Whichever.

Stop being sarcastic towards Black Fang. If I was him, I'd be pretty angry at you especially as he hadn't attacked any of your opinions and wasn't pissy towards you.

Black Fang. I agree that Nina is fairly mature in some respects for her age, but she's still so young and guided more by her emotions than by her brain. I doubt she'd be able to keep a level head and make rational descisions that could make or break an entire nation.

Everybody looked up to Teresa Wisemail as a sort of second in command. Jowy and Luca knew that with Riou and Teresa dead, the Dunan Unification Army would be over. With Riou gone and not left to rule the nation, Teresa is the obvious choice as somebody who has run a city before and gained huge respect from her citizens in Greenhill. If Annabelle had not died, I would have thought her as the best choice to become President, but as she died, I think Teresa makes the most obvious choice. In the end, you couldn't have somebody like Nina or Emilia as the citizens just wouldn't look up to her.

After Suikoden II, all the cities (even Tinto) had joined the alliance, but it would be stupid to just leave the ruling of the country up to somebody inexperienced and someone who doesn't have the charisma or the following that Teresa did. She may not have been as popular or as idolised as Riou, but I'd say she was the next person in the line that people looked up to.

Also with Teresa as president, she would have (and does have) a strong alliance with Grasslands through Lucia - I doubt she'd listen to anyone else, as by the end, she seemed to trust Teresa's judgement (just not her lineage). This point doesn't relfect any reason to have her as president, but it does reinforce that with her as president, Dunan would not have any immediate conflict with Grasslands.

[Axiose] [Fliktor]
Aurelien

1567728 Potch
0 Soldiers
157 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Black Fang wrote:
Well yes she still does have her school girl crush, but if you notice she puts that away when things get serious like the scene in Teresa's hideout when Highland was searching for her. She was the one who talked her out of surrendering and she was the one that got the citizens of Greenhill to stand up to the Highland soldiers. She was also capable of bringing aroud supplies to Teresa without being found out, which surely takes a lot of responsibility as that is a heavy burden for a mature girl to take, let alone an immature one.

While I agree that Nina could be mature, but it's a fact that she could be immature as well. And if she were to be Mayor, she shouldn't be immature at all. There would be no time allocated to drool over pretty boys like she used to do. So it's quite hard to say that Nina would be a plausible Mayor.

06.06.2004 - 20.01.2008

Vextor

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:

Just providing some factual information, but Emilia became the mayor after Teresa. I forgot where I heard this (and all my books are 400 miles away), but I think it actually says this in the ending.
Aurelien

1567728 Potch
0 Soldiers
157 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 3:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

SARSadmin, were you talking about the ending of Suikoden II? In the US version, it says that she went back to Greenhill, became the headmistress of the New Leaf Academy and taught there. Not to 100% say it's impossible to be another mistranslation, but I think it'd be quite a big thing if they screw that during translation.

I actually think that it might make more sense if she became the Mayor of Greenhill a bit later on. It might make more sense if Teresa was still the Mayor of Greenhill during her position as the Acting President of Dunan for that 1 year (and might as well prepare Emilia as successor?). And when she fully took the position as President after the election, probably she left the Mayor of Greenhill position to Emilia who had had 1 year of preparation on top of her duty as the headmistress.

06.06.2004 - 20.01.2008

Horned Loa

96000 Potch
1000 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 4:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Fliktor wrote:
Stop being sarcastic towards Black Fang. If I was him, I'd be pretty angry at you especially as he hadn't attacked any of your opinions and wasn't pissy towards you.

Thank you for this Fliktor. I also want to mention to ALL members that cold sarcasm is not something I am willing to tolerate on these forums. People are free to express their opinions and disagree with others but if you are going to insult members take it elsewhere or I personally am going to see that you never do so again.

Harukaze wrote:

Just another hassle to put up with, but what I original was saying is that City State has an entire hill with buildings already constructed for these very purposes. Higheast was made to be rules by a king as was the Dunan Castle. They COULD place chairs and tables in the rooms but whats the point when they already have a REALLY good setup in Muse.

City State wrote:
This is a video game. They don't have the capabilities to depict buildings OR towns as being nearly as large as they would be were the story real, or even if the medium was video. Were Suikoden a movie, and could you actually go anywhere and see everything, you might find much larger buildings than the ones we saw.

Yes but Muse is clearly depicted as a larger city than any of the others and the Hall itself is also shown as a larger building even though it IS a game. Surely the one room hall was underestimating the size but there is no denial that the City-Hall is much larger and a better location for large scale operations. The Greenhill, Two-River and South Window were originally designed to suffice the Mayors of the corresponding cities and not all of the City-State affairs. If you look at a city such as L'Renouille, it is easily depicted as the largest city within the Suikoden II map. Sure nine of your members are roughly the same size but in comparison to other places it does give the impression of a gigantic city.

Harukaze wrote:
Forgetting, perhaps, that Nina is still a child? Give her a few years to finish grade school, and a couple more to get actual training in politics, and then we'll talk. But if we're thinking about information we actually have, then Bugg is correct. With the -possible- exception of Emelia, for whom I have no opinion.

Why do I get the feeling you didn't read my second post, directly above yours.

Fliktor wrote:
I understand what you're saying Black Fang, but it's official that Fitcher is Mayor. He seemed very slimey and underhanded when you first meet him in Suikoden II - especially his portrait picture - but I think he shows true merit throughout Suikoden II. I think he'd be a fairly good mayor. And as in Suikoden III, he's refered to as Mayor Fitcher, I'd say he stayed in his position as Mayor of Muse.

Yea I suppose you are right. But I still can't see him as a confident politician though heh. He just seems too panicky.

Fliktor wrote:
Jowy and Luca knew that with Riou and Teresa dead, the Dunan Unification Army would be over.

[nitpick]Well it was really Jowy and Leon as Luca wasn't there at that point (a little vague due to it being a spoiler, but you know what I mean if you played it).[/nitpick] :mrgreen:

Fliktor wrote:
Also with Teresa as president, she would have (and does have) a strong alliance with Grasslands through Lucia - I doubt she'd listen to anyone else, as by the end, she seemed to trust Teresa's judgement (just not her lineage). This point doesn't relfect any reason to have her as president, but it does reinforce that with her as president, Dunan would not have any immediate conflict with Grasslands.

Well Teresa herself didn't agree with her lineage at that point. They also wouldn't need to fear an attack from Toran but that is due to Riou and his, "taking care of Sheena". I already post in another thread that the true reason the Dunan army made alliances is because Riou himself made an effort himself to help the other leaders personally. This is why many of the others would respect Dunan and their alliance with them, but thats going off topic so I'll leave it at that.

SARSadmin wrote:
Just providing some factual information, but Emilia became the mayor after Teresa. I forgot where I heard this (and all my books are 400 miles away), but I think it actually says this in the ending.

Well she is someone I completely over looked but it makes sense to have her as the Mayor when you really think about it. I never even thought of her as a possibility. :?

Bugg wrote:
SARSadmin, were you talking about the ending of Suikoden II? In the US version, it says that she went back to Greenhill, became the headmistress of the New Leaf Academy and taught there. Not to 100% say it's impossible to be another mistranslation, but I think it'd be quite a big thing if they screw that during translation.

It said that in the PAL version too but the thing to keep in mind that Teresa only became President a YEAR after the end of the Dunan Unification Wars which probably explains the ending.

I think you kind of answered your own question there hahaha. :P
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Backstory, History & Plot Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: