Suikoden Urgent and Illusional Karma Ontic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Higheast Province
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Backstory, History & Plot Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Axiose

Altruistic Apparitions

100019091 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2005 5:35 pm    Post subject: Higheast Province Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm a bit confused after reading the geography on the site. After the fall of Highland, I was under the impression that Highland was called Higheast and L'Renouille's name was changed (but I couldn't remember what).

But after reading the geography section, it says L'Renouille was renamed Higheast and I think Highland was known Higheast Province - do I have this right now, or am I still missing something. Also are there any other name changes in Highland that happened?

Sucks to be the King of Highland and not even know the full story lol :|

[Axiose] [Fliktor]
Wiseman

Army of the Six Wise Men

110280 Potch
250 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2005 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

All I know is that after Highland fell, the region became under Jowston control and named the Highest Province. I have never heard anything about L'Renouille or any other towns being renamed.

Guardian of the Great Forest

Battle wounds and scars is how I show my pain
My palms covered in the blood of those I've slain
Yet I still keep comin back all the same...
Horned Loa

Guardians of the Merchant

96000 Potch
1000 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2005 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm certain that Highland became the Higheast Province but I do not recall L'Renouille changing its name although it could have been changed. There was a Higheast Rebellion so the province has definitely had a change of name after the fall of Highland.

Feels kind of harsh towards Fliktor though haha.
Vextor

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2005 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yep, L'Renouille was changed to "Higheast."
Lunarblade

White Wolf Templars

1428 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, that certainly clears some things up...

Sinocard wrote:
I dont think I am above women, I think I am above everyone.
Sai Fujiwara

Executors of Divine Providence

22038 Potch
0 Soldiers
5678 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

YES! Thank you SARS! (Don't you wish that even your Nation Leaders would look at this awesome site you've built?) :P

Ha ha, just messin, Fliktor. But, I knew this from Suikosource, before I came to this site. I'm a big geography geek, so what can I say...? :roll:

Also, maybe SARS can jump in on this one... Thing is, I'm NOT sure whether or not Higheast is Dunan's capital. I do know that it is now the largest city in all of Dunan, thanks to Luca Blight's Muse massacres, but I'm a little fuzzy on that one.

In addition, Higheast has a very strategic position in Dunan, as it's the site of a major trade crossroad from Matilda, Toran, and Harmonia. Hence, the city's large growth and population. In addition, the city is one big, huge fort, and would be QUITE easy to defend. Its design is even awesome! Built up against a lake in Higheast Province, and NOT on the ocean's coastal shore, Higheast has a very central position, that isn't easily reached, but easy to defend. The city's design is in subsections, as well, so even if PART of the city fell, other parts would have to be taken by the enemy. Well, this is what it looks like from the world map, so it's what I assume. Thank Konami for not letting us walk around town... :P

Higheast may not be as central to Dunan as a whole as Muse is, but Higheast would be farther from Grasslands, and also Fitcher was Muse's mayor at the time. I do not believe Higheast had its own mayor, and hence it would make sense for the Chancellor to administer the city...

Ok, so tell me? Am I right about this, or am I just shooting from the hip? :shock:

Happily Married to the Lovely Lady Chris Lightfellow! :D
Eggith Cyrene

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

why would it be changed to simply "higheast" dosent that sound a bit retarded like a town in a pokemon game "higheast fortress" !!! no qualms about refering to highland as "higheast profvince" though.

Wish there was more info in suikoden 3 aside from a mere paragraph.

Muse would still be the logical place for the capital. Its directly in the center of the Dunan Republic. That being said the capital of highland or former rather would be the first line of defense against harmonia troops meaning it could be taken over easier than to gettin to muse. So it wouldent make a good capital. Why would you want to move the seat of power anyway. wouldent that constitute lower morale?

Oh yeah nice job using the ff6 forest backround

Suikoden 5 didnt make me less of a fan; it restored my faith after the abomination that was suikoden 4.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Vextor

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It is uncertain where exactly the capital of Dunan is located after Teresa Wisemail became president. One thing for sure is that it isn't Higheast, because she clearly wasn't there at the beginning of the Higheast Rebellion. Likely she was at the old HQ (Northwind).
Sai Fujiwara

Executors of Divine Providence

22038 Potch
0 Soldiers
5678 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 1:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I don't think they care whether the name of the city sounds retarded. Heck, I couldn't figure out how to pronounce L'Renouille until I came to this site! lol So, with that said, at least Higheast comes out of the mouth easy.

True, Muse is at the center of Dunan, however it was the site of a massacre, so there might be a bad aura about keeping the capital there. Furthermore, it makes sense to change the capital to Higheast after the rebellion. This could ALSO be seen as a polital motive, to appease the newly re-conquered Highland nobility. This could make them feel more "special" if their capital is to serve as the new seat of power. This is just a guess as I'm not really certain that this happened or not, but it still makes sense.

Morale was low in Muse after what Luca did to the population. I don't think that moving the capital would really do much of anything to raise or lower the morale there. However, the morale across the state as a whole would have to be rather high, as they just won. Perhaps moving the capital to Higheast would raise the lowered spirits of the Highland citizens, which is what I previously hinted at.

North Window, huh? Well, it makes a lot of sense, since it's easy to defend, but Neclord wiped out that town... Are you saying that it became a permanent village or city again after the war? Hmmm... I guess that doesn't have anything to do with Higheast Province. Any chance that Higheast became the Dunan capital after the Higheast Rebellion? Or again, am I just being a little too hopeful?

Happily Married to the Lovely Lady Chris Lightfellow! :D
Shrew

The All-Star Rock n' Breakdance Electronic Band from Shenzhen

237023 Potch
110 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 2:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

My memory's fuzzy, but during the ending of SII where Riou becomes the leader, isn't he seen working in Muse? Of course this could be only a temporary location, before any moves, but it seems to me that the government would stay in Muse. After all, Jowston Hill is in Muse, and that should still remain a symbol of the alliance. You can still have a mayor run the city anyway, while the Federal government is also hanging out there.

Fear our Vagueness.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Vextor

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 2:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yep, Muse is the likely candidate.
Axiose

Altruistic Apparitions

100019091 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 3:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well thank you very much guys ^_^

Oh and Sai, I doubt Higheast would be made capital as most would probably have just as much ill feeling towards it than Muse being the centre of the old Highland.

[Axiose] [Fliktor]
Aurelien

1567728 Potch
0 Soldiers
157 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 6:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm actually still quite confused about the whole Dunan post-Riou's situation.

1. Since Teresa became the president, and if Muse is the capital city, who would've been left in charge of Greenhill? During the game, Greenhill didn't show any worthy successor at all. Shin went away, Emelia was a simple librarian, Jude was a sculptor, Nina was hopeless.
2. What happened to North Window? Ignored as if it never existed? I have a sneaky suspicion that it would've made more sense if it became the capital city. That way Fitcher could stay as Mayor of Muse instead of being overlapped by President Teresa. And IMO, North Window is more strategic compared to Muse that is directly bordered to the Higheast/Highland.

~City-States of Jowston and Tinto Republic~
06.06.2004 - 20.01.2008

Beecham

Wind In The Grass

33221 Potch
75 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Northwind is a good shot, but there really isn't any reason Teresa couldn't rule out of Muse even while Fitcher's the mayor. There's a mayor of Washington, DC, isn't there? :p [before anyone has to ask, the answer is yes, there is: Anthony Williams].

As for Northwind being the capital... it's also a possibility. *shrugs* It's more a castle and less a town, but maybe that changed during the game and the creators didn't have the inclination to show that more properly.
Aurelien

1567728 Potch
0 Soldiers
157 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Harukaze wrote:
Northwind is a good shot, but there really isn't any reason Teresa couldn't rule out of Muse even while Fitcher's the mayor.

While it is possible, it's a fact that the previous leader (Annabelle) was the Mayor of Muse. Hence, it is proven that she could hold two positions at once. One as the Mayor of Muse, and the second one as the leader of City-States of Jowston, showing that the role and duties of the Mayor of Muse could be overlapped by her role as the leader of City-States.

And I don't think it's quite right to compare it with the USA situation. In our world, the president would have so many things to do, may it be domestically or internationally. Hence, the need of the Mayor of Washington DC to deal with the city's needs. Whereas in Suikoden world, it seems that there aren't a lot to do as the leader during the peace time other than dealing with domestic issues. Hence, might not need the Mayor of Capital City.

But I have no idea, it's all just speculation.

~City-States of Jowston and Tinto Republic~
06.06.2004 - 20.01.2008

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Backstory, History & Plot Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: