Suikoden Uncouth and Irenic Kosher Ontic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

The Nameless lands.
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Backstory, History & Plot Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Milan Fiori

Vanguard Elite

715991 Potch
0 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2005 1:28 pm    Post subject: The Nameless lands. Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm doing alittle bit of research on this area, and was wondering what we know of it so far? Do we know what type of government it is? Or any villages that are loacted there? Also which characters have spent time there? Basically the more information you can give me or direct me to the better.
Thanks in advanced!

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Shrew

The All-Star Rock n' Breakdance Electronic Band from Shenzhen

237023 Potch
110 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2005 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The Nameless Lands are actually a group of nations that all fall under the title of the Nameless Lands, sort of like the Island Nations. However we don't know any of the nations that make it up or what sort of government exists there. It's likely there is no real central government. The nations could vary from relatively large countries to small tribes, like the one Hallec comes from. All we really know is that it's to the north.

As for characters: Thomas, Hallec, Alanis, and Hanna were all born here. Borus studied at an academy in the Nameless Lands, which suggests there is some civilized place here. Although Kamaro and its Free Knights (Mua) would probably be placed in the Grasslands, for the purposes of the war system on this site it is in the Nameless Lands. Wilder, the first man to kill a vampire also lived here.

That's all I know. The names of the regions of the Nameless Lands you'll find on the battle map were all made up by SARSAdmin. Yeah, that's why you should fear our vagueness.

Fear our Vagueness.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Solitude

Fallen Angels

495 Potch
125 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2005 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Is there a difference between the Nameless Lands and the Northern Outlands? I was under the impression they were one in the same. Fu Su Lu I think came from the nameless lands. His atire certainly seems to point towards there anyway. I alway thought it was a bunch of individual tribes that all had their own system of government. That was my own interpretation of it though so I don't know if there is any truth to that. I do know Tuta travelled with Hallec to the Northern Outlands so their not medicinaly advanced.
Vextor

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2005 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yep, Nameless Lands and the Northern Outlands are the same.
Axiose

Altruistic Apparitions

100019091 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2005 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I actually thought the Free Knights of Kamaro were from the Nameless Lands as that was where Mua came across Hallec. Do we know either way if it's in the Grasslands of Nameless Lands?

[Axiose] [Fliktor]
Milan Fiori

Vanguard Elite

715991 Potch
0 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2005 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Where was Georg's Blackmoon Knights located?

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Horned Loa

Guardians of the Merchant

96000 Potch
1000 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2005 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well with barbaric members that have come from the Nameless Lands I'm under the impression that they are somewhat barbaric (or they have a nation/village that is barbaric, kind of like The Warrior Village).

Boris completing his studies up there does signify that they do have some sort of an educational facility too.

As for Tuta visiting.....it shows that the nation is in the need of a good doctor which makes me think that the nations themselves are in the middle of internal conflicts. This backs up the whole barbaric warriors theory.

Those are the ideas I've gotten thus far though but then again they could be all wrong haha. :mrgreen:
Vextor

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2005 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Georg was a "Black Moon Warrior" in Grassland.
Beecham

Wind In The Grass

33221 Potch
75 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2005 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Now I'm intrigued. Where are these Black Moon Warriors supposed to be, when GS3 is running? Have they disbanded earlier, are they there fighting Harmonia in the background... did the developers forget about them? Sounds like something very interesting that we haven't seen anything of really in-game that I am aware of.
Vextor

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It's only mentioned by Richmond in Suikoden 2 when you investigate Georg.
Sai Fujiwara

Executors of Divine Providence

22038 Potch
0 Soldiers
5678 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think Shrew gave us all a pretty good explination of what the Nameless Lands consist of. I wouldn't exactly "fear their vagueness" so much, but the fact that the information about them is so vague does make for interesting discussion.

For instance, I view the Nameless Lands as a group of nations, much like the City-State of Jowston was, but the states would NOT be allied. Also, I do believe that The Holy Kingdom of Harmonia has done a lot of expansion in these "Nameless Lands." If I'm not mistaken, wouldn't the Kingdom of Sanadia fall under the Nameless Lands banner? (That is, to say, if they weren't already occupied by Harmonia.) I see them as a group of kingdoms, city-states... And well, a whole lot of open areas or forests, not to dissimilar to the Grasslands and Zexen Federation. I'm pretty positive that they wouldn't be filled with just a bunch of random barbarians fighting each other, in fact I think they're mostly just as civilized as Zexen, Dunan, or Toran.

This isn't to say that I don't think that there are ANY barbarians around... I bet they're lurking around, but Barbarians by nature like to roam around a lot, so it's only natural that this is how the Nameless Lands have been represented thus far in Suikoden. Take Thomas, for example. He's completely civil before he gets to Zexen, so it's pretty logical to assume that at LEAST some of them are civilized, right?

All I'm certain of is that there is NO central government in the Nameless Lands... As things stand now, they're just mostly cannon fodder for future Harmonian conquests (and no, I'm NOT talking about the battle system on this board...) :P

I think it's high time that we have a game set in these Nameless Lands to expose what the heck they're all about. I think it'd be interesting, perhaps some conflict between a few members... Maybe Harmonia taking a side, or something shady like that...

Oh, and as for Kamaro, they're more like in the middle between Nameless Lands and Grasslands. I guess they fit BETTER in the Nameless Lands, since they're north of Zexen, and they're not one of the Six Clans, but that's my opinion.

Happily Married to the Lovely Lady Chris Lightfellow! :D
Shrew

The All-Star Rock n' Breakdance Electronic Band from Shenzhen

237023 Potch
110 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 2:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Fool, you will learn to fear the vagueness, for it is so vague that you cannot even begin to comprehend its vagueness. It is beyond you!

Well, really the Nameless Lands seem like laziness on the part of the creators. It seems like a catch-all that they can use to justify anything. "Oh hey, where should this character come from?" "I don't know, throw him in the Nameless Lands". Because it so undefined anything can come from there, be it a bunch of barbarians, or maybe even some random super nation that no one has ever heard about.

Anyway, my guess as to why Harmonia wouldn't be invading the Nameless Lands is probably because of 1) Typography and 2) Lack of resources. With so many toughened people like Hallec and Hanna it seems to imply that the landscape is rough itself. It may nigh impossible for Harmonia to enter the lands due to treacherous mountains or swamps. Such difficult terrain would also explain why the nations are fractured, as travel and warfare may be made very difficult.

Plus it just may not be worth it to invade. The lands might be isolated from trade and have no real resources. And so Harmonia instead focused on more lucrative nations. But, who knows? Everything about the Nameless Lands is about 99% speculation.

Fear our Vagueness.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Milan Fiori

Vanguard Elite

715991 Potch
0 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

For some reason I picture most of the Nameless Lands like Norse lands. Cold, snowy, with lots of forests and mountains.

Beecham

Wind In The Grass

33221 Potch
75 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Probably shouldn't be far off the mark, in places. TIL seems to be more equatorial, so TNL would be more polar.... I presume we can view the Suikoden world as an actual planet that is nice and round like it should be.
Solitude

Fallen Angels

495 Potch
125 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I don't really picture them to be cold at all. In fact I always thought of them as quite the opposite. Like wastelands, or more intense grasslands, something hot. This is due to the fact that some of the characters that come from there where very little clothing (Fu Su Lu and Hallec)

However Hallec does where a polar bear's skin so to say that the place is snowy and cold is justifiable. However tiger skins and other animal skins are found on some of the characters which is where I get the the the grassland type geogarphy from.

As for a reason for Harmonia to invade I would guess would be for their collection of True Runes. Thats the only real reason I could see if the above speculations held any truth to them. Simply to investigate the whereabouts of the True Runes would be motivation enough for Hikusaak to invade would it not? Then again we don't even know if Hikusaak is alive any more :?
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Backstory, History & Plot Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: