Suikoden United and Illusional Karma Omniscient Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

New Silver Ps2
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Buff

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 5:29 pm    Post subject: New Silver Ps2 Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

just curious if any one has the new silver ps2 that just came out. since i sold my ps2 quite a while ago i just went out and picked up the new silver edition and i gotta say i like it more than the black one. don't know why but it just looks better in my opion.

Devoted protector of Ferid and Arshtat
Goldy

Kooluk Companions

543627 Potch
467 Soldiers
4141829 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Na i just have an old PS2 ( PAL ) and a slim PStwo ( NTSC )

I have seen the silver one for sale now alright.....and a pink one if i am not mistaken.....

Anything extra come with the Silver Edition??
Sailor Sexy

Mikan weeps for Brady

246380 Potch
175 Soldiers
50 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I have the same PS2 I bought years ago. Well, probably only 3 years ago. Either way, there's no point in my buying another one just because it's out in another color. I have the feeling that there's no difference between this silver edtion and the plain old black edition, so I see no reason to pick one up.

~Uguu!~
AA

Spears of the Sand

366104 Potch
200 Soldiers
3121 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Silver new? We have had it in the UK for years, the only new colour we have came put last month and that is pink, needless to say i wont be running out to buy that one any time soon.
Schala-Kid

Sol Incorruptible

68845 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Same as AA, silver has been out quite some time here in Australia as well. If it ain't broke, why fix it? I got the big black ugly one, and it isn't broken, so no need for a new one. ^^
Buff

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Sailor Sexy wrote:
I have the same PS2 I bought years ago. Well, probably only 3 years ago. Either way, there's no point in my buying another one just because it's out in another color. I have the feeling that there's no difference between this silver edtion and the plain old black edition, so I see no reason to pick one up.

there's plenty of difference between the old ps2 and the new slim version that's been out for a couple of years. for one it runs faster and smoother and two it has all the interent cables inside it, so all you have to do is put a ethernet cable into it and it runs.

Sailor Sexy

Mikan weeps for Brady

246380 Potch
175 Soldiers
50 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

And if I don't use any online capabilities? As for running faster, somehow I'm willing to bet quite a bit that I wouldn't notice any difference. Again, I see no reason to pick one up when I have a fully functional PS2 already.

~Uguu!~
Fudozukushi

The Fudozukushi Minion Army!

1081738 Potch
250 Soldiers
143 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Though before I entered this topic my answer was gonna be a resounding no, but then I remembered that my newest PS2 is starting to act up a bit recently. If this one breaks I might grab a silver one.
Sage

The Invincible Weeds

803820 Potch
0 Soldiers
2 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 1:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The only reason these would run faster is because they are new. PS2s won't last forever and eventually slow down though constant use and/or misuse. I've experienced this myself and it's part of the reason I bought one of the slimmer ones a year or so ago.

Anyway, mine is running just fine and I like black more than silver so I'm sticking with what I got.

Flamo-chan

11929 Potch
150 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 1:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I love my black one and it's been with me since i was 9/10 years of age :) and it still works great :wink:
Buff

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Sage wrote:
The only reason these would run faster is because they are new. PS2s won't last forever and eventually slow down though constant use and/or misuse. I've experienced this myself and it's part of the reason I bought one of the slimmer ones a year or so ago.

Anyway, mine is running just fine and I like black more than silver so I'm sticking with what I got.

ya thank god it does run faster. my suikoden game is pretty scratched up from the years of playing it and it runs like it's brand new on the ps2 :mrgreen:.

i would of went with the black again but since i was buying a brand new one since i didn't have one and well since the silver version just came out, i just had to get the silver version.

Decado

Desert Elite

357208 Potch
0 Soldiers
4283 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The Silver versions fan is much quieter and I think you have slightly more DVD versions available to use on the Silver one although I could be mistaken.

Quote:
ya thank god it does run faster. my suikoden game is pretty scratched up from the years of playing it and it runs like it's brand new on the ps2

That could just be the fact you have a brand new clean laser reader rather than your old one which is probably a bit worn out now.

Liberatori di Inferno

26524 Potch
63 Soldiers
123938 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well I have my same ol PS2 I got for Christmas sometime in maybe 99 or 2000ish, it's been a while all I can say really. I've never even bothered with slim nothing since its always been the same system to me regardless. Yeah sometimes it slows down but thats why I go broke status and just open my PS2 up with a screwdriver and manually clean the laser. Saves me money I suppose hehe. ;)

"Devoted Protector of Lord Logg and Lady Valeria"
Buff

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Decado wrote:
The Silver versions fan is much quieter and I think you have slightly more DVD versions available to use on the Silver one although I could be mistaken.

plus when you start up the ps2 it has a new interface on the screen than the black edition has.

Scarlet Assassin

Disciples of Death

331436 Potch
0 Soldiers
2442517 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The slim PS2 also has an external power source, hence no chance of overheating and no need for a fan. Much more cost efficient and practical as it has fewer parts that can break and require maintenance.

Chief of Beat-em-up Honeys Division, Devoted Protector of Lady Tifa Lockhart
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: