Suikoden Unique and Irenic Keystone Ontic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Full Metal Panic The 2nd Raid

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Buff

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 10:41 am    Post subject: Full Metal Panic The 2nd Raid Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

any happen to pick up the first volume yet? i just picked up the starter set and so far seen episode one. so far only one thing bothers me is the voice actors arn't the same as the first series and second series since adv films did those. now the 3rd installment is done by funimation. so far i only noticed one voice actor and that is the guy who did edward elric in fullmetal alchemist. he does the voice of krutez webber.

one good extra the dvd has is that it gives you episode 000, which i believe is before episode 001 as they call it. plus i have already seen all the episodes in japanese and hope the action lives up to the japanese version.

Devoted protector of Ferid and Arshtat
Camillus

6th Temple Guard Regiment "The Relentless"

68334 Potch
0 Soldiers
10000 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I like this series. It is more serious than first series, and Fumoffu probably (but there are some more comedy scenes, of course). However I think it fits with the rest - simply shows that there are funny times and more serious times. Beside of nice story there is some good action - first episode is really hard-hitting.

What can i say more...good come back of lovable characters. Sousuke (Sp?), Tessa, Chidori are really nice, not to mention "Uruz" team.

Btw. OAV for The Second Ride is really cool if somebody is Tessa's Fanboy. :D

And second Btw. Does somebody know if they're making some sequel or something?

Mikan weeps for Brady

246380 Potch
175 Soldiers
50 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I was confused for a second there Buff when you were talking about the voices being different until I realized you were talking about the dub. I don't recognize the existence of them, so I was wondering if I missed a change in the real voice cast :)

This installment was possibly my favorite. Yes, the first series was quite good, and Fumoffu had some good comedy moments, but for my money The Second Raid is the best of the bunch.

As far as I'm aware, there is not any more Full Metal Panic being made, but I do believe that there is still plenty of novel material out that they could draw from to make another series.

~Uguu!~
Buff

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

KKG wrote:

Btw. OAV for The Second Ride is really cool if somebody is Tessa's Fanboy. :D

i saw the oav of the day in the life of captain tessa. was pretty funny how mao got her drunk.

Devoted protector of Ferid and Arshtat
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: