Suikoden Urgent and Irenic Kosher Original Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Important Rules Change
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vextor

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2005 4:36 am    Post subject: Important Rules Change Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The following rule has been added to the forum rules, which specifically applies to the battle system--

11. Deceptive Behavior and Lying to Admins & Moderators
This most often referrs to the nation battle system, but those who conduct the following acts will be either removed from their position, banned from their nation, or banned from the board if they:

a) Attempt to leak sensitive information to enemy nations knowingly.
b) Attempt to leak sensitive information about an ally to the enemy of
an ally.
c) Lying to an admin or a moderator about activities concerning the
nation battle system.
d) Having one or more alternate accounts to "spy" on other nations.
e) Wilfully accepting information referring to clauses a) or b).
f) Wilfully disseminating lies and fictional information about your
nation to allies and enemies.

---

The reason behind this is that I have discovered some cases where people were engaging in such activities. The above rule will be in effect immediately, and it will be retroactive. That means, if I discover cases that fit the above that took place months ago, I will still take action. I'm basically sick of fuckers who think they are smart acting in a deceptive manner, which is, in fact, real stupidity. I will be investigating these things very aggressivly, now that I have regular internet access.
Lunarblade

White Wolf Templars

1428 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2005 5:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well said, and long overdue...although I don't THINK anyone's been spying on Highland, but you can never be sure...

This helps us to feel a bit more secure about our plans in battle. I'd hate to see it (it being the game itself) ruined.

Sinocard wrote:
I dont think I am above women, I think I am above everyone.
Futch

JUST ME AND THE OTHER BIG DUDES

125356 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The person who does this really should get a life, I mean, come on! its a game! it's supposed to be FUN! darn it, this kind of stuff makes me wanna dropkick someone.
Vextor

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 4:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

In that case there are a few you can drop-kick, but unfortunately they are no longer with us here; what a shame.
Beecham

Wind In The Grass

33221 Potch
75 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 6:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

*ponders if those would be amongst those blatently duplicated names he saw magically vanish from the member list last week* :)
Lunarblade

White Wolf Templars

1428 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Harukaze wrote:
*ponders if those would be amongst those blatently duplicated names he saw magically vanish from the member list last week* :)

Lemme guess...people named "Garrra", "Dark Tooth", and "Flaktor", right?

Sinocard wrote:
I dont think I am above women, I think I am above everyone.
Futch

JUST ME AND THE OTHER BIG DUDES

125356 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Oh. tough luck I guess, well, I can always drop-kick my cat...

Just kidding, let us just hope this kind of people do not become an everyday issue.
Beecham

Wind In The Grass

33221 Potch
75 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Actually no, not duplicates of established known members, duplicates of each other. There were things like a Wing Blade and Wing Dager [sic] created right on top of each other. And then there was the quad idiot of Sfdfgdlfidfgdfffefdgdr, Sfdgdlfidfgdffefdgdr, Sfdgdlidfgdffefdgdr and Sfdgdlidgdffefdgdr. I MB you not.

If the last sentance makes no sense, think about it. Think also about the language filter. That is all.

Seriously, there were some really dumb freaking people out there, and I'm rather glad their accounts were axed. I forget most of the rest of the idiot account sets I've seen, but they're gone now and that's all that matters in my book :) Even if some of them were innocent, just some doof wanting to change names after registering, he's still a doof for not even thinking about a good name first; even if he wasn't there to spy by having names in multiple nations, he's still a doof and not needed on this forum. Sides, the majority of them had not a single post to their names anyway.
MMan9000

Animal Rangers

3075764 Potch
275 Soldiers
400 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I don't get why anyone would do it in the first place. It is a game, a fun one if that. I wouldn't give info away even if we were allowed. The nation you are giving it to could give you false information in return, or just sucker you and give you nothing. I hope none of that is going on in the Grasslands.

Official Smoke Bomb User

Space For Rent. Contact Me for Details
Beecham

Wind In The Grass

33221 Potch
75 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The general idea is, have accounts in different nations, and you don't need to worry about false information: you're seeing what's going on in the nations' forums, so you know.

Honestly I wish you could belong to multiple nations at times, for reasons utterly unrelated to the war system [well, not -utterly- unrelated; I wouldn't mind, for example, being able to drop by TNL to help them celebrate a rather amazing victory, possibly the closest we'll ever have on the forum], but if it was allowed you know there would be -some- people there to spoil everything, so it can't work.

Actually, if the forum ran under IPB [yeah, I know:p I like the system, okay?] it could work, since you can have much more complicated layers of permissions to prevent various threads from being seen, etc, without running into the problems of the forum slowing down with more user groups. The problem with that, of course, is that I don't know how easy it would have been to make the war system work on there in the first place! ^_^ I've said it before, php coding is not my forte :)
Horned Loa

Guardians of the Merchant

96000 Potch
1000 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

MMan900 wrote:
I don't get why anyone would do it in the first place. It is a game, a fun one if that. I wouldn't give info away even if we were allowed. The nation you are giving it to could give you false information in return, or just sucker you and give you nothing. I hope none of that is going on in the Grasslands.

Its like Harukaze said before. They sign up and don't like the name they chose, or it could be the nation or regiment type they were assigned, so they have a crack at creating a new account. The thing is that many of these accounts never get activated in the first place which is why you see a LOT of zero posters. I counted the number of zero posters a couple of weeks back and it turns out that almost 40% of the members have never bothered posting and I'm sure that the majority of those never even activated their accounts. Since they never activate it isn't that much of a problem but every now and again a smartass appears thinking he can play two or more nations to his advantage and creates duplicate accounts for that sole purpose.

Unfortunately we've been getting a few of those users lately due to Suikoden IV coming out and expanding the suikoden fanbase. As much as I like to see more active members, I'm well aware that this sudden wave of new users is bound to bring a handful of "doofs" as Harukaze so kindly put it. The mods and admins really do try hard to keep this place running as smoothly as possible for everyone here but we run into troublesome members every now and again. Unfortunately in the past few weeks a load of "doofs" came through the forums and a lot of the members here got a little edgy with all the "doofy" questions and comments some of the "doofs" were making. I myself have lost composure recently and I do wish to apologise for that but as most of you I love to come to suikox in my spare time and share my comments not just on the games but on miscellaneous topics. I really do appreciate a good discussion as well as informative threads but I'm not lenient on members that disturb or insult others in any way. Everyone is free to discuss and voice their opinion on any topic as long as they aren't breaking any of the rules nor insulting a fellow member, mods or admins. This is probably another reason I'm thinking of making the Olympics that I post about in the "you now have stats" thread, as I feel it'll just lighten up the atmosphere and give everyone yet another reason to come to the suikox forums.
kuwaizair

blauuurgggh!

174392 Potch
0 Soldiers
1291 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

is there going to be a banned list and "reason" for such?

anway what if somone wants to change somthing but they cannot pay for it?
that sad, 40% of the memebrs are 0 post counts? maybe they wanted an account for latter, or just to "be a member"

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Elc

Rebel of Babylon

1121979 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I don't think there will be a public disclosure of bannings, since friends of people who have been banned may feel compelled to appeal the decision. Well, that's my take on it, anyway.

That's definitely possible, but in recent weeks there have been numerous instances of someone trying to create multiple accounts. This is where a lot of the zero posters come from, and since the nation the account is born into is random, it's risky to let the same person have more than one account in different nations.

There are really only three things which somebody could want changed at the time of registration: Name, but logically one would choose a name they want when they register... Nation, which may not be their popular nation and, finally, Regiment.

The only thing that is gained for people who don't with to post by registering, is access to nation boards. If all they want to do is check out what's being discussed without actually participating, a registered account is unneccessary.

"You make me smash the clock and feel, I'd rather die behind the wheel.
Time was never on my side, So on I wait my whole lifetime."
VikiFanatic

Keepers of Balance

841792 Potch
0 Soldiers
760 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2005 1:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I agree with Elc on this one. Some members really dislike what they get when they are randomly placed in a regiment or nation. I'm jut thankful of getting my regiment nd to finally meet people like Harukaze. But some members simply don't appreciate that. Zero posters are most definitily caused by undecisive choices made by the user and they end up not using it, which would litter the usergroups with inactive members.

As long as lesser non-active users or multi-account users come in, the more organized this game will be. I also agree that disclosure of bans publicly would be too embarassing and would result in sometimes rebellious behavior. Hopefully, nothing like that will happen.

Well, that's what i think. It's a good addition to the rules, SARSadmin. At least there would be less cheating involved in this fun game tht wuld make it less fun. Thank goodness... :wink:

Solitude

Fallen Angels

495 Potch
125 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2005 1:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The entire thing is really stupid. If you want to change Nation, Name, or Regiment do it the proper way and earn the soldiers to do it. I find in time you will come to love the nation your in and won't want to change out of it if you just give it a chance.

Haha I like the word "doof" but yes these doofs have been making things a little tense around and I to apologize for it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Budehuc Castle All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: