Suikoden Unique and Irenic Kosher Ontic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

stat increase when levelling up
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Gameplay Questions & Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Riou

Elemental Magi

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It would be really cool if your characters didn't level up in Suikoden V.
Instead, they could boost stats by how you use them like in Final Fantasy 2.
When they take damage, their defence and HP exp goes up. When they attack, their strength goes up, and so on.
Starslasher

Chunks of Chaco-late.

1177790 Potch
300 Soldiers
35 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, they didn't have stat boosting items, but Suikoden III had the skills, which i liked. Sure, most of it was limited, but that added more character, more uniqueness for the fighters.

Like the Magic Affinities. Duke, for example, may start off with a Lightning Rune, but he is actually better with Fire Rune magic. And then there were people who had better affinities with the Holy Dash skills, or the Swing Skills (coughHallechoughhack). It was all good.

Bork! Bork! Bork!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Wataru

The Light Fantastic

59113 Potch
0 Soldiers
515589 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2005 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Skills were cool, I really liked them, but other than for spellcasting, they made Runes nearly useless. With Geddoe's party, I left most of them with empty Rune slots at high level since they really didn't add much to gameplay when skills are maxed out.

Altruistic Apparitions

100019091 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2005 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah, you are right. Skills do tend to elimate the need for certain runes - perhaps they should have a balance between skills and runes. For example, the skill is only effective with that rune equipped.

[Axiose] [Fliktor]
Krawnik

Groundhog Pirates

4500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2005 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Just to cut in for no reason- Random Stat Growth was probably implemented in Suikoden III so that, even if it's only in a small way, there's a variation in the characters between playthroughs. So, you might have an all star team by luck in one playthrough, but because you got the short end of the stick on your second playthrough, your previously great characters have been rendered mediocre, so you now have motive to explore some of the other characters and see how they level up.

At least a little bit.

Maybe

416- friggin' racists, messing up my generalizations, also stealing my jobs, women.
RIP Ninjalicious
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Gameplay Questions & Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: