Suikoden Ugly and Illusional Kraalesque Ontic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

stat increase when levelling up
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Gameplay Questions & Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Daniel Jackson

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2005 2:59 am    Post subject: stat increase when levelling up Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

i've noted somethings in suikoden 3

i had my fisrt file where Chris was level 63 and her magic was at 83

then i decided to do the "loop hole" trick i found out at gamefaqs...where you win that first strategic battle...you gain two levels. well i got my chris by doing this to level 63 and her magic was 95?! its quite strange. do you think leveling up at earlier points in the game reap higher stat increases?

can someone answer this? tenku :? :arrow: :? :arrow: :? :arrow: :lol:
Vextor

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2005 4:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Nope, you were just lucky.
sybillious

Ebony Moon Knights

981865 Potch
59 Soldiers
60 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2005 4:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

stat levelling appears random; if you save a game, level up then quit without saving, and replay to redo the level up, the stats will most likely be different.

gotta gotta get a...SPICE WEASEL!

to paraphrase my fellow mod, parallax:
I hate my job with the passionately burning intensity of a thousand fiery suns.
Starslasher

Chunks of Chaco-late.

1177790 Potch
300 Soldiers
35 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2005 6:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

go to http://www.suikosource.com/games/gs3/guides/statgrowth.php.

As you can see, if you bothered counting, that the increase in stats per level changes, but by 1 point. Chris' magic Stat would increase from 1-2 per level, from Level 21 to 61. Back in my game, Chris' Magic Stat was 82 at Level 58. Using my calculator, the range of the MGC Stat at Level 63 would be between 68 and 128.

Bork! Bork! Bork!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Matheau

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2005 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I hate random stat growth, especially considering how extreme it is in SIII. Somehow I don't really like that, potentially speaking, a character's stats can be slightly over half the maximum they are capable of from just leveling.

Granted I'm sure the game is still quite beatable even with the lowest possible stats, but it still doesn't really sit right.
Tetsuwan Zero

6000 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2005 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I don't like it either, Matheau, it just...It just doesnt feel right.
Daniel Jackson

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

ya...cuz by level 67 i could cast a level 4 spell with chris...quite strange since the magic stat just grew by 11 points in two levels...ahehe wee :) the draw back is that everythings so cheap the war with harmonia was quite easy
Justice Johnny

Crimson Grass

1177898 Potch
114 Soldiers
940 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2005 7:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

11 points in 2 levels? Are you sure? :?
Axiose

Altruistic Apparitions

100019091 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

You won't get a response - he's been gone for months now.

[Axiose] [Fliktor]
Justice Johnny

Crimson Grass

1177898 Potch
114 Soldiers
940 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah. I kind of noticed that after I posted.
KFCrispy

51948 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2005 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

it's not that extreme... take a statistics class! each stage of develop has its own distribution on the probably that you'll get say 1 vs 2 points for that stat. considering this happens so many times, people end up with about the same numbers by level 99.
Starslasher

Chunks of Chaco-late.

1177790 Potch
300 Soldiers
35 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

True, i suppose. But the range is still large. By level 60, if you got a stat growh of 1-2 for Levels 1-19, and then 2-3 for Levels 21-60, then you got a range from 108 up to 165 (given that you start off with 10 at the beginning). I think that it's a pretty huge margin.

Bork! Bork! Bork!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Wataru

The Light Fantastic

59113 Potch
0 Soldiers
515589 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It may be a huge margin, but characters tend to stay in relatively the same place every time.

For example. In S1 Viktor's star growth range for magic at level 99 (according to Suikosource) is 88-186. I have gamesharked that character to level 99 probably 100 times over the past 10 years (stop and start playthroughs). Viktor's magic is always in the mid to high 120s at level 99. The highest abberation I've ever gotten was 131. Once. Luc's magic can go from 166 to 255 and he always ends up in the high 220s for me. Viktor falls in the middle of this spread, yet Luc is higher-end. I think characters may have a smaller hidden range they are supposed to fall in, too.

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah, they're all weighted. Suikoden III was the first time we got the actual weights written down in the Suikosource guide, but you can sort of see them in the earlier guides by the starting stats. For example, if somebody had 2-3 growth, and a starting stat of 15, they would consistently get lower growth than somebody with 2-3 growth and a starting stat of 16.
Windspun_Monkey

Monkeys

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I wish the final values would be hard coded to a more specific range. I have taken statistics classes and I agree that the end result will be about the same everytime but I still prefer a more rigid system.

I love stat boosting items though. I think the best stat boosting items system I've seen was in chrono trigger. It was better because they were mostly found by inspection until the end of the game. It was also nice because of the new game + feature. S4's new game plus wasn't as useful because the game was longer and really didn't have a high replay value (unless you missed a character).

I think leveling up stats based on how your character fights would be great. If your character generally resorts to physical attacks, then their physical attribute increase with some dependance on their "class" (used very loosely). Same for rune use. Of course it would be somewhat dependant on the rune used. If a higher order rune was commonly used than their stat gains should be higher than a lower order rune. This could help accomodate for a Hero using physical attacks more often by increasing their statistics more when they use their true rune.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Gameplay Questions & Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: