Suikoden Ugly and Irenic Kosher Omniscient Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Battle calculation issues
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Budehuc Castle
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vextor

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 5:25 pm    Post subject: Battle calculation issues Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

There's currently a glitch with the war calculator that I am investigating. This may be a major problem, which may have resulted in inaccurate results for many battles during phase 13. This would only apply to those battles fought between two regions.

unfortunately, I'm really quite busy and may not be able to resolve this issue during the weekend. Thus, I wouldn't celebrate too much or get depressed yet if you've won or lost any of these types of battles. Sorry about this.
Angelus

Queen of Falena

579729 Potch
0 Soldiers
2545847 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I knew some battle results were wacky. So for all those who got a victory in those battles, do they get to keep them or not?

Jorge Prima wrote:
What? Our pokemon aren't obeying?

When a problem comes along YOU MUST WHIP IT!
Vextor

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I don't know. Maybe, but maybe not! Wow, very helpful answers I can give.
Oppenheimer

Les monsieurs de Narcisse

256470 Potch
0 Soldiers
1865 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

:shock: Well, excuse me for stating the obvious but this would be majorly sad for Harmonia. We loose our capital if our victory isn't truly ours. *crosses fingers and toes* We'll just have to wait and see I guess.

The Wandering Prophets

410837 Potch
300 Soldiers
835 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I though it was wierd that Jalat took out 7400 one round and then 60 the next. Granted, there was royal guard bonus and a tactics advantage, but that's more than a 99% drop in power.
Agahnim

Endurvakning

932410 Potch
200 Soldiers
36 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Timbo wrote:
I though it was wierd that Jalat took out 7400 one round and then 60 the next. Granted, there was royal guard bonus and a tactics advantage, but that's more than a 99% drop in power.

That battle wasn't fought between two regions however, I don't think; unless I have misinterpreted the words of Vector.

"The strong manly ones in life are those who understand the meaning of the word patience."
Vextor

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The Lion's Maw battle didn't happene between two regions, so there's nothing wrong with that battle.
Timbo

The Wandering Prophets

410837 Potch
300 Soldiers
835 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Wow. That's a big drop in power.
Wiseman

Army of the Six Wise Men

110280 Potch
250 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Don't forget that Jalat's opponent could have been under the influence of an item or a different combination of tactics on both sides which would change the damage he dealt.

Guardian of the Great Forest

Battle wounds and scars is how I show my pain
My palms covered in the blood of those I've slain
Yet I still keep comin back all the same...
Decado

Desert Elite

357208 Potch
0 Soldiers
4283 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

There's only three affected battles if what VX says is correct:

Grassland vs Harmonia between Plaats & Sorrows Peak
Falena vs New Armes between Sable and Usur
Novgrod vs Prandt between Transnistria and Krasnodar

All of the other battles we based in a single region.

Sanctus

55224 Potch
1063 Soldiers
12421 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Jalat's results shouldn't be all that surprising... the situation couldn't have been worse for him. I've not heard of many mountain-dwelling elephants, for example.

The Wandering Prophets

410837 Potch
300 Soldiers
835 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yvl wrote:
Jalat's results shouldn't be all that surprising... the situation couldn't have been worse for him. I've not heard of many mountain-dwelling elephants, for example.

It wouldn't be wierd if it was weak all around, but the turn beforehand he took out 7,400 troops and only lost around 600. For his ability to kill to drop from 7400 to 60 after, something else had to be involved, as it is more than a 99% drop in power.

Plus, Hannibal crossed the Alps with his elephants in the second Punic War, so hopefully Jalat can too.

Last edited by Timbo on Sat Dec 09, 2006 1:19 am; edited 1 time in total
John Layfield

Last Literature D-Line

509933 Potch
9300 Soldiers
3525 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

He managed to get 37 elephants across the Alps. It was hardly a might elephant army of death. :P
One day, I shall come back. Yes, we shall all come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.
Yvl

Sanctus

55224 Potch
1063 Soldiers
12421 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well it's not like he fought the same regiment twice either.

1567728 Potch
0 Soldiers
157 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Timbo wrote:
It wouldn't be wierd if it was weak all around, but the turn beforehand he took out 7,400 troops and only lost around 300. For his ability to kill to drop from 7400 to 60 after, something else had to be involved, as it is more than a 99% drop in power.

Plus, Hannibal crossed the Alps with his elephants in the second Punic War, so hopefully Jalat can too.

Let's just say this. My regiment name is the Food Munchers. What they do is that they munch food. They eat stuff. Elephants are edible, and the archers sitting on top of the elephants are edible too. Because the elephants and the archers are both scared of being munched by my army, they don't really want to get too close, so that's why they can't deal as much damage as before. It's like fighting against army of hot oil, you don't want to get close, man. For the few elephants and archers that dared to come close by, they managed to kill 60 of my food munchers before being munched to death. So after looking at the fate of those who are nuts enough to come close, the rest of the elephants simply ran away.

On a bit more serious note, let's just say that I'm stronger than Jalat and leave it at that. >=]

~City-States of Jowston and Tinto Republic~
06.06.2004 - 20.01.2008

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Budehuc Castle All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: