Suikoden Urgent and Irenic Keystone Omniscient Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Spider-Man 3 Trailer
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Buff

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 11:22 pm    Post subject: Spider-Man 3 Trailer Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

just saw the new trailer for spider-man 3 during the ultimate fighter on spike tv and wow. apprently the sand guy is the man responisble for killing ben parker aka peter's grandfather. the way they are doing the black spider-man aka venom looks really good, and there will also be harry osbourne as the green goblin. i currently haven't found the trailer i just watched not to long ago but this link is just as good. enjoy.

http://www.apple.com/trailers/sony_pictures/spider-man_3/

Devoted protector of Ferid and Arshtat
Zachwie

The Guillotine Order

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 1:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I partially saw it, looks pretty good. The story looked great, the conflicts should be pretty entertaining.
Buff

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 6:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

just found out from a comerial ad they had on mtv that you can view the new trail on ifilm.com.

Tullaryx

Custodiae Corvi

4092785 Potch
200 Soldiers
20 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, that trailer actually looked pretty good, but then the one for Spider-Man 2 also turned out pretty well done. Like the first sequel, this trailer didn't give out the whole story like most trailers seem to do. I think everyone who has been following this second sequel already knows that it'll be darker than the first two combined. I mean a sequel that involves the arrival and use of the symbiote suit deserves no less.

Hopefully the FX-crew will be tinkering and working on the film's CG-effects up until the last minute before it has to go to printing. The effects seen in the trailer were pretty cool, but they looked abit rough. Sandman looked abit like Imhotep from The Mummy films but for some reason he's in New York now fighting it out with Spider-Man.

Still a little over six months before the movie is out and unless the other blockbusters for the Summer of 2007 show that they can deliver more action and exploding stuff than this sequel, Spider-Man 3 may just win the box-office fight before it's even begun.

15501 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Several folks have uploaded to youtube the trailer that aired last night on MTV... if you go to youtube, and put "Spiderman 3 trailer MTV" in the search engine, it'll turn up a few results. Click one that was uploaded in just the past day (it's the one that's about 2 minutes 31 seconds long).
Barbarossa Rugner

The Golden Mercenaries

5684336 Potch
15000 Soldiers
650 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I saw it and i thought it looked great. I had no idea they were going to do venom so it was a big surprise for me. Another surprise is the sand man character. I have read quite a few of the Spider man comics when i was young and i also used to watch the cartoon that aired daily, but i have never seen or heard of him. It is very possible that i just missed him, or they brought in a new villian to act as Ben parker's killer and add a little extra to the story line. Maybe someone can enlighten me.

Either way i thought it looked great and i am definitely going to be seeing this movie at least a couple of times.

The Rune on my Sword, the Dragon King Sword, is protected against any form of magic, Even the rune of the Gate - Barbarossa Rugner
Tullaryx

Custodiae Corvi

4092785 Potch
200 Soldiers
20 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Sandman's been one of the classic Spider-Man villains that goes all the way back to the beginning of the comic book in the 60's. I'm glad that they're sticking to the classic villains for the movie. Even Venom won't be making an appearance, or so I've heard, in the movie. The black symbiote suit makes an appearance and so does Eddie Brock, but Venom himself won't appear as a full-fledge villain until the next sequel and anyone who thinks this movie will not make tons of money is fooling themselves. I mean X3 was so-so if everyone was polled how they thought about it and it ends up being of the highest-grossing films this year.

If Venom does make an appearance in this second sequel then it's probably going to be on the final minutes of the film as the symbiote and Brock finally get together. Now that would be a cliffhanger to end all cliffhangers.

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:
If Venom does make an appearance in this second sequel then it's probably going to be on the final minutes of the film as the symbiote and Brock finally get together. Now that would be a cliffhanger to end all cliffhangers.

of course if venom is going to make an appearence it'll be right at the end where he'll prolly fuse himself with eddie brock.

Quote:
Another surprise is the sand man character. I have read quite a few of the Spider man comics when i was young and i also used to watch the cartoon that aired daily, but i have never seen or heard of him.

like you i've watch the cartoons and read some of the comics but i never heard of him either. gonna be cool to see him in action for the first time for me.

Sage

The Invincible Weeds

803820 Potch
0 Soldiers
2 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

This also looks like it's going to be one of those movies where you want to yell "What are you doing you moron?!" as you're watching him screw things up because of his inner conflicts. I like those kinds of movies. I like dark movies as well. I wasn't too particularly fond of the first movie and the second one was ok because the villain was a scientist, but it looks like I may actually enjoy this one.

Custodiae Corvi

4092785 Potch
200 Soldiers
20 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I cannae believe you youngin's not knowing who Sandman be. :)

He's one of the first true villains to take on Spider-Man outside of the Green Goblin early in Peter Parker's career as superhero. Stan Lee has been said to liking Sandman as one of the best supervillains in Marvel, especially those he created in the 1960's.

For more info on the walking beachfront property head on over to good ol' Wiki: Sandman (Marvel Comics).

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

of course i haven't seen or heard of sandman, like you said he was back when the comic first came out and i started watching spider-man when the cartoon first started airing and i believe sandman was never in the series.

Amyral

Windriders

544907 Potch
4066 Soldiers
620 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I thought the trailer needed less retconning of the first movies. Having Sandman responsible for Ben's death just seems weak, like they couldn't find another way to bring him in. It goes against the entire reason why Parker became spiderman in the first place, because it was his actions that led to his uncle's death. Now they are letting him off the hook for it.

I used to want Venom as a villain in a Spiderman movie, but the more I think about it, the more I think it would be horrible. Venom's personality is terrible. It was in the show, it was in the comics and I can't see it any better in movie form. I like Sandman. He's been one of Spiderman's most interesting villians, along as one of the one's whose powers can look awesome in any medium. He was also one of the more complex characters. He even joined the Avengers at one point, I believe.

The reason Marko didn't appear in the most recent Spiderman cartoon (in the ones before then, he appeared), was due to Marvel not wanting it to clash with the spiderman movie that had been proposed at the time (but was never made). He and Electro were to be the main villains and, while Electro eventually was put in, Sandman never did (probably because they thought he would look too similar to Hydroman when all was said and done). He was the only major Spiderman villian not to make it into that series.
Buff

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:
I used to want Venom as a villain in a Spiderman movie, but the more I think about it, the more I think it would be horrible. Venom's personality is terrible.

how can you say that :P. i believe venom is by far the best villian i have seen spider-man go up against.

Tullaryx

Custodiae Corvi

4092785 Potch
200 Soldiers
20 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Seems one of the members at the Final Fantasy site I'm a member of did some investigating and found this.

You guys want Venom then check him out right at the very end: Venom

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

the video was removed at the request of sony's copyright.

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Media All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: