Suikoden Uncanny and Irenic Knowledge Omniscient Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

The legend that is.....GOLDEN AXE!

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sniper_Zegai

Gaien Magic Men

659144 Potch
850 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 5:13 pm    Post subject: The legend that is.....GOLDEN AXE! Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

This has been annouced for along time but I thought Id get your opinions on the remake Im most looking forward to ever!

You may remember the old 2d beat em up game about 3 viking type dudes who battled through levels. It was a classic then and its looking like the remake si gonna be so awesome my eyes will bleed before I stop playing!

What do you think about this and any other classic remakes that are coming to next-gen consoles?

http://uk.gamespot.com/xbox360/rpg/goldenaxe/news.html?sid=6150088&om_a ct=convert&om_clk=gsupdates&tag=updates;title;4

Last edited by Sniper_Zegai on Thu May 10, 2007 4:02 am; edited 1 time in total
Felipe

Intelligent Turtle

584845 Potch
1200 Soldiers
500 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Man!!! That game is awesome, it reminds me of the good old King of Dragons. I hope they don't ruin the series with this one. Some games just don't need remakes.

Prince Geass Falenas

2324315 Potch
1337 Soldiers
3028000 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

There's gonna be a remake? =o I didn't hear anything about it...
well I hope it doesn't turn out to be a dud like that Altered Beast remake I heard they were working on a while back but just as quickly was scrapped

[ :cry: And I was looking forward to an upgraded/3D Altered Beast game.... ]

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Flare

Flying Bolts of Doom

680830 Potch
3700 Soldiers
400 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I didn't think anyone else remembered Golden Axe! You just made my day! That is exciting.
Sophita

The Wee Kitty Grand Duke Defense Brigade

498078 Potch
1330 Soldiers
2725 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I remember playing that at the local rollerrink. Ah, I wasted many a quarter, but I never did get past the first stage. :oops: Although you're wrong that it was three dudes...one of them was an amazon lady, I'm pretty sure.

I wonder how they can rerelease it? It's a bit of a challenging genre to remake - the hack and slash genre has pretty much died out in videogames, and the arcade scene it used to relgh on so heavily is mroe or less fast becoming a relic.

Nadistu wrote:
well I hope it doesn't turn out to be a dud like that Altered Beast remake I heard they were working on a while back but just as quickly was scrapped

[ :cry: And I was looking forward to an upgraded/3D Altered Beast game.... ]

Oh no, it was released....just not in North America. Europe and Japan got versions, though. There's not exactly high demand for it, so if you're willing to import, you can probably get it shipped to the US for fairly cheap.

However, it's pretty widely reported to be absolute rubbish, so you might want to keep that in mind.

SCII month continues! DueFiumi.com
John Layfield wrote:
But bubbles... children love bubbles! XD
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
John Layfield

Last Literature D-Line

509933 Potch
9300 Soldiers
3525 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Sophita wrote:
However, it's pretty widely reported to be absolute rubbish, so you might want to keep that in mind.

At least it's keeping in tune with the original then.
One day, I shall come back. Yes, we shall all come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.
Buff

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Sophita wrote:
Although you're wrong that it was three dudes...one of them was an amazon lady, I'm pretty sure.

it was a he-man type male, a dwarf with a axe and a amazon chick with a blade. i played a little bit of it when i was the sega genesis collection game. i also remember playing it on the arcade. good ol arcade games.

Devoted protector of Ferid and Arshtat
Sophita

The Wee Kitty Grand Duke Defense Brigade

498078 Potch
1330 Soldiers
2725 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

John Layfield wrote:

Heee! Very true. There was a reason Sega Genesis' didn't really start flying off of the shelves until Sonic became the pack-in instead of Altered Beast. :*laugh*:

SCII month continues! DueFiumi.com
John Layfield wrote:
But bubbles... children love bubbles! XD
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Thor McOdin

Stupid Sexy Flanders!

1757439 Potch
4444 Soldiers
4225 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

If it's anything like Shinobi for PS2, I will be very upset. Ever since that title, I am hesistant to pick up remakes.

Not all ninja codes are brewed equally. Here at Shinobi, we use the choicest Bavarian hops that are ripened to perfection. One sip and we will have you saying...nothing.
Sniper_Zegai

Gaien Magic Men

659144 Potch
850 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 4:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I for one cant wait for it. I added a link to the top with a bit of info.

P.S. I cant beleive they screwed up Altered Beast, WHAT A CLASSIC!

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 6:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Sophita wrote:
John Layfield wrote:

Heee! Very true. There was a reason Sega Genesis' didn't really start flying off of the shelves until Sonic became the pack-in instead of Altered Beast. :*laugh*:

I have to agree with you two, I never liked Golden Axe, never saw why people loved it so much. However I think a new game could be interesting.
Sniper_Zegai

Gaien Magic Men

659144 Potch
850 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I played Golden Axe when I was young, so I was more into simple platform or fighting games. If I played Golden Axe today I may not like it as much but I do have very fond memories it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: