Suikoden Ugly and Irenic Kraalesque Original Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

hack// g.u. rebirth
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ikano

Prince Geass Falenas

2324315 Potch
1337 Soldiers
3028000 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

glen wrote:
It might have been boring but it made the game longer and you go to more boards looking for the monsters to get the virus cores so you can go to other boards to fight boss monsters or stuff from the tv series.
I dunno bout you...but the darn Poster sidequest in Rebirth does exactly that!
Makes it dang longer
It just isn't necessary to do unlike the virus cores

along with getting 100 beginner's text and beginner's books *cough* oh...but that's not sidequest related <.< >.>

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
glen

Drunking soldiers are us!!

6390 Potch
428 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

That's true but i hope they give you more places to go and stuff for you to crash your steam bike in too more root town and alot more side quest to do to keep the game fun and not the same boring fields and dungeons over and over with and more characters to add to your mail list and group s party something just to make us can not wait for the next games release date.
Ikano

Prince Geass Falenas

2324315 Potch
1337 Soldiers
3028000 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

...well in the mean time you could always just oogle at the screenshots and stuff over at 1up.com

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
skymansxeno

30626 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm just barely going to start the series this week with the sign anime. Then I will play the first. I am pretty excited to start the series because I am starved for some rpg action (darn console switch). I like the idea that some animes are mixed into the story, I haven't watch an anime in years.
Ikano

Prince Geass Falenas

2324315 Potch
1337 Soldiers
3028000 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hey all, it seems gamestop/eb have started the pre-orders for vol 2 on their website...however there doesn't seem to be any sort of official word on it yet...
hope it isn't a release date hoax as I heard there was one a month back

though the chances of it coming out in May is really high

EDIT: It has been confirmed that vol 2 will be out May 8th 2007

Buff

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

ah finally decided to finish up vol.1. finally finished getting level 3 for all the ryu books and also beat the doppleganger to get the item that only works in vol.2. can't wait for vol.2 to come out on tuesday. hopefully i'll have the money to get it :mrgreen:

Devoted protector of Ferid and Arshtat
Ikano

Prince Geass Falenas

2324315 Potch
1337 Soldiers
3028000 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Heh, I've been trying to perfect my file in vol 1; like get 100% in the ryu books (not just level 3...I mean REALLY 100%) completely finishing all the quests (my gawd finally finished the darn poster quest) and like other minor things like maxing out weapon level or trying to unlock most of the keywords.

I so want to try out Crimson VS as soon as I can in the game :o I saw some vids showing a little bit of how it's played and I gotta say, you can't have near as much fun playing card games in the real world as much as how fun Crimson VS looked

Kain

Desert Claw

297869 Potch
75 Soldiers
1196 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

May 8th? heh.. this is some news.. i can't wait to play Vol .2 since i don't have Good Game to play currently... and this is surely game i've been waiting.. i wonder haseo getting more powerful..?

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Nadistu wrote:
Heh, I've been trying to perfect my file in vol 1; like get 100% in the ryu books (not just level 3...I mean REALLY 100%) completely finishing all the quests (my gawd finally finished the darn poster quest) and like other minor things like maxing out weapon level or trying to unlock most of the keywords.

I so want to try out Crimson VS as soon as I can in the game :o I saw some vids showing a little bit of how it's played and I gotta say, you can't have near as much fun playing card games in the real world as much as how fun Crimson VS looked

i'm pretty close getting everything in the ryu books. got like 4-5 monsters left and some items to get. won't be able to finish the weapons since the last weapon i need i accidently got ride of and can't get it back. i got lazy and use a codebreaker code and maxed out my weapon levels since that was taking to long :P

so crimson vs is going to be a new feature for vol.2? can't wait to try it out.

Ikano

Prince Geass Falenas

2324315 Potch
1337 Soldiers
3028000 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Buff wrote:
won't be able to finish the weapons since the last weapon i need i accidently got ride of and can't get it back.
do you mean for the ryu book? As long as it was it your inventory once than the game should've registered that you got it....

Tch tch tch, ya used a codebreaker? Cooommmeee ooonnn at least use the beginner texts and books to level up the weapon skill levels if you're that lazy.
You do know that fighting in the arena makes the weapon skill level go up faster?

Buff

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

ya i know fighting in arena makes them go up faster, i just got tired of doing it over and over. beginner books are hard to come by. i think i got both dual blades and blade up to level 5 before i found the code to max it out.

Quote:
do you mean for the ryu book? As long as it was it your inventory once than the game should've registered that you got it....

now that i think about it i need the blade you get from completing the pkk which i don't think i got enough yet for it. guess i'll go back to doing that and finishing with the bikeman flyers and lucky animal stuff.

Angelus

Queen of Falena

579729 Potch
0 Soldiers
2545847 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Picked this up a few days ago. I have Nads to thank. I'm actually in a huge .hack craze, and I watched a lot of the animes. But yeah.

I used to play the original .hack//games a lot. So much so that I got really used to them. When I started GU, it was really weird. The camera angle is too close to your characters, and you can't see what random things your party members say, which is a fun thing of the game. And you can't even change the angle. =/ I also thought the trade thing was weird too, but I got used to it. Actually, I like how the items and equipment are seperated, and how people in a certain class generally only carry equipment for that class. I also thought the Chaos Gate was also a bit strange, but I got used to it, and now I think it's better than the //games'.

Oh yeah, I'm about ~ 4-5 hours into it, going to the Kuhn and Pi location. I'm totally obsessed with collection magic scrolls. So far I have 2 or 3 of each scroll available already. There's some customize items that are useless to me that I use for trade, because they're such good trade items. Anyway, I don't know wether or not I'll be using all the scrolls, but Haseo already has 8 spells, Atoli knows all heal spells and Gaspard knows all attack spells available, and I'll be ready for Sakubo when I get him... her.

I also can't wait till I finally get a storage! I LOVE storages! I have so much random items that I like collecting and stuff, and putting them in storages would give me lots of room. And just who doesn't like the idea of depositing and item into a space for later use!? I know it makes me happy.

And the news, oh man. When I first played, I read all the news/official site/BBS/whatever. I spent about 2 and a half hours on that. I felt like I knew so much random and pointless stuff. Online Jack scares me, a lot. He seems like a pedo to me... sorta. And yeah. Also! I think I prefer the grunties in the original //games. The grunties in //GU are like... tiny and... unrideable. D:

So yeah, the second comes out tomorrow. I don't know wether to get it or not... I know I will eventually, but I dunno. I'm just a few hours into the game and I don't see myself completing it for like, at least a few more weeks. So who knows. :3

Jorge Prima wrote:
What? Our pokemon aren't obeying?

When a problem comes along YOU MUST WHIP IT!
Ranadiel

The Squirrel Mob

68112 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:
beginner books are hard to come by.

Not really if you know what you are doing. I've got 50 Beginner Books and I think 48 Beginner Texts in storage as preperation for Volume 2. The secret to getting them, although since you already hacked the weapon levels it might not help you much, is to trade for them. There are two people, Henako and I forgot the other but I believe his name started with colnol or corporel, who have both books and texts to trade. What you do is get a large amount of stuff to trade to them, materials and stored useless equipment work quite well, and then continue to go to a root town(I used Mac Anu, but I don't think it matters) until you find one of them spawned. Once you find them, trade for what they have and then head to a guild. Enter and exit the guild and find the person again. Their inventory will be refreshed and you can generally get more, every so often they don't have either but just refresh again and they should have one.

Quote:
Oh yeah, I'm about ~ 4-5 hours into it, going to the Kuhn and Pi location. I'm totally obsessed with collection magic scrolls. So far I have 2 or 3 of each scroll available already. There's some customize items that are useless to me that I use for trade, because they're such good trade items. Anyway, I don't know wether or not I'll be using all the scrolls, but Haseo already has 8 spells, Atoli knows all heal spells and Gaspard knows all attack spells available, and I'll be ready for Sakubo when I get him... her.

Well I think it is best to give all characters all spells, so I would reccomend getting more of all the scrolls. And remember you can buy most, if not all, of the scrolls in Mac Anu. Oh and (spoilers)you don't get Sakubo until Vol 2 unfortunatly, so you don't need to botherwith saving stuff up for....ummm them.

Quote:
And the news, oh man. When I first played, I read all the news/official site/BBS/whatever. I spent about 2 and a half hours on that. I felt like I knew so much random and pointless stuff.

Yeah, they really did overdo the initial news stuff, but it really does help flesh out the world of the game in my opinion. Hopefully Volume 2 won't start out with so many news things though...

Quote:
Online Jack scares me, a lot.

Personally I love Online Jack because the whole thing is so over the top. The later episodes are bettter.....well sort of.His personality stays pretty consistent throughout the entire thing, so if you don't like that specifically then you probably won't like the later episodes either.

Titles: Harmonian Tenki Star, Harmonian Jousting Champion
Buff

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ranadiel wrote:
Quote:
beginner books are hard to come by.

Not really if you know what you are doing. I've got 50 Beginner Books and I think 48 Beginner Texts in storage as preperation for Volume 2. The secret to getting them, although since you already hacked the weapon levels it might not help you much, is to trade for them. There are two people, Henako and I forgot the other but I believe his name started with colnol or corporel, who have both books and texts to trade. What you do is get a large amount of stuff to trade to them, materials and stored useless equipment work quite well, and then continue to go to a root town(I used Mac Anu, but I don't think it matters) until you find one of them spawned. Once you find them, trade for what they have and then head to a guild. Enter and exit the guild and find the person again. Their inventory will be refreshed and you can generally get more, every so often they don't have either but just refresh again and they should have one.

you can also get the book from one of the guild traders. just takes a lot of loging off and loging in to get the correct trader and them actually having it.

Ikano

Prince Geass Falenas

2324315 Potch
1337 Soldiers
3028000 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The other one is Coronal Yato I believe?

I was doing that "trick" and got around/close to 30 of each beginner's book/text when I ran out of stuff to trade them...so I had to go back in the dungeons to pick up more stuff.
In the meantime I figured might as well unlock some more keywords while I was at it xp

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 7 of 8

Jump to: