Suikoden United and Illusional Knowledge Ontic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Democrat or Republican? Who do you think will win?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Community Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Leb

Pizza Toppings

497133 Potch
936 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Democrats are faltering in two or three of the four Senate races everyone's watching, however. Assuming most projections are correct, they need to win three of those four to have a shot at controlling the Senate.

The House has, quite obviously, already gone to the Democrats.

Last edited by Leb on Wed Nov 08, 2006 12:51 am; edited 1 time in total
Calvin

Legions of Zontar-Killers

817540 Potch
25 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I was surprised by the Ohio election as well. I'm happy about it though as a democrat. CNN reported that the dems are a pretty sure bet to win the house. They need three more seats in the Senate to win majority there though, as well as retain all their old seats. I don't know if they'll do that.

My state of California is basically maintaining the status quo, keeping the same senator in Feinstein, and the same governator. Another thing of note is that it looks like South Dekota's ban on abortion will be shot down by voters--thank god. Although, bans on same-sex marriages seem to be passing in a number of states and is really close in others.

One Measure that I'm interested in is Missouri's Ammendment 2: Allow Stem Cell Research, which is currently too close to call with only 52% of the votes in.

I changed the number on my phone so you can't call me up at home, and you can't say those
things to me, that make me fall down on my knees.

Vextor

11331071 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah, the senate race is currently 48 vs 48, but the un-decided races are either very close or liekly won by GOP. It would be very difficult for Dems to sweep this one. However, considering Joe Lieberman and Bernie Sanders (both independents) have won, and both have said they'll vote along the Dem line, there's still some interesting possibilities.
Masaya

Flying Fusillades

222963 Potch
75 Soldiers
3635 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 1:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Oh dear god save us. Doyle won...He's sooo currupt! A second term of horror and terror will reign through Wisconsin...

It seems atelast in Wisconsin the Death Pentalty being reinstated is currently winning. Thats hillarious...er..I'm agaisnt the Death Penalty, but I supose it'll save us some cash..

Yes for the Marriage Ref. is Winning as well..Not all of the vote are in as of yet though! Praying for a comeback..

Sanctus

55224 Potch
1063 Soldiers
12421 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

WOOHOO! Democrats won in PA!

Pizza Toppings

497133 Potch
936 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 1:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Alright, not a whole lot is changing on a national level anymore, so now it's just state and local things to watch.

Still, a new House majority and a tighter Senate should make for a more interesting Congress than the previous.
Calvin

817540 Potch
25 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

A republican is now being projected to win one of the 4 undecided seats on the senate now. Looking at the three remaining seats however, which are currently considered to close to call, democrats have the lead in all three (albiet very slim leads). So, there is a chance the democrats could win the senate.

I changed the number on my phone so you can't call me up at home, and you can't say those

Malt Hitman

31st H.R. Regiment: The 31st Wrecking Crew

9905 Potch
0 Soldiers
5035 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 1:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The death penalty vote in Wisconsin is only an advisory referendum from what I've gathered. It's not going to reinstate the death penalty in Wisconsin but if it passes it might help push things along in that direction later on. It still might turn around but things don't seem to favor that outcome at this point. I voted against it too. I guess we're in the minority right now.
Vextor

11331071 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 1:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Zonder wrote:
A republican is now being projected to win one of the 4 undecided seats on the senate now. Looking at the three remaining seats however, which are currently considered to close to call, democrats have the lead in all three (albiet very slim leads). So, there is a chance the democrats could win the senate.

Which states are those? I all I can see in the live updates are Montana and Virginia as being a possible Dem win. That'd only end up with a 50-50 split though (even including Lieberman and Sanders).
Yvl

Sanctus

55224 Potch
1063 Soldiers
12421 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 1:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Zonder wrote:

However, the republicans can force a recount if the difference is 1% or less, which it is in Virginia.

817540 Potch
25 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 1:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:
Which states are those? I all I can see in the live updates are Montana and Virginia as being a possible Dem win. That'd only end up with a 50-50 split though (even including Lieberman and Sanders).

I'm looking at cnn.com's live updates, which previously said that dem McCaskill had a slight advantage over GOP Talent in Missouri. Now, however, it says that Talent has the lead. Still extremely close though.

Yvl

Sanctus

55224 Potch
1063 Soldiers
12421 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 2:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

And it looks like Democrats won Virginia, though again, itll probably be a recount. Also, someone will probably beat me to this.

817540 Potch
25 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 2:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Dem McCaskill is once again ahead of GOP Talent in Missouri, by 1% with 81% of the precincts reporting. In Montana the dem has an 8% lead with 46% of the precincts reporting.

Gil-galad

Flame of the West

2849957 Potch
200 Soldiers
46 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 2:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Senate is going to end up being very close. 49 (Republican) to 48 (Democrat). Missouri, Virginia (extremely close), and Montana. Being a Virginian, I really hope it goes to Webb. George Allen is not a man I'd like to put back into office. According to CNN Webb is currently in the lead-- but the margin is so small it could really go either way.

I'm pretty pleased with Democrats taking the majority pretty well in the House. Especially now that we have the first female speaker of the house.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Leb

Pizza Toppings

497133 Potch
936 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 2:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The Virginia race is the one to watch now. Only about a 2000 vote difference (as opposed to the 12000 is Missouri). Democrats leading in all three.

EDIT: Tester's lead shrinking slightly in Montana. McCaskill's has widened to almost 20000. Viriginia still ridiculously close.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Community Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 5 of 9

Jump to: