Suikoden Unique and Inspirational Kosher Ontic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Democrat or Republican? Who do you think will win?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Community Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Yvl

Sanctus

55224 Potch
1063 Soldiers
12421 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm going to vote as soon as one of my parents gets back to show me where the place is. I was supposed to go about an hour ago, but my parents were both gone already at that point.

Custodiae Corvi

4092785 Potch
200 Soldiers
20 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Malvagio wrote:
I can't even vote.....I've been in Texas the past month and my homestate is California. Oh well...my support goes to the Democrats this time. Phil Angelides has my support.....but if what Jorge Prima says is true....I will be disappointed if that steriod popping loser actually takes the seat ANOTHER few years. :x

Unless there's a major news report today about Schwarzenneger actually having killed people during all the action movies he made then he is pretty much a shoo-in for a second-term as California's governor. I, for one, don't see that as such a bad thing really.

If people actually look beyond the veneer of stardom and his status as a celebrity icon, Schwarzenneger has been a very astute politician who uses his charisma to great effect in getting people to actually listen to the man. I mean this is a governor who was pretty much dead in the water after his failed attempt to use a special election in 2005 to move his agenda without dealing with a Democratic-controlled State Legislature. I know as late as early spring of this year he wasn't given a snowball's chance in Death Valley of running, or even winning, for a second term as governor. Yet, he was able to satisfy not just the fiscally conservative side of his personality but also the socially liberal way of thinking he's been known to be since he got in.

The best indication that Schwarzenneger may be more politically smart than people have made him out to be is that the Republicans in the state will vote for him and so will a lrge chunk of Democrats who sees him being a centrist who is willing to work with the opposing party instead of trying to govern through party lines and idealogy. This is something Angelides hasn't been able to crack in his campaign ads no matter how much he tries to link Ah-nuld to Bush. In fact, Angelides has been attacking the Governator through ad campaigns more than Arnold has Angelides.

He may not be a great actor, but he seems to know just exactly what the state needs and at the moment he's really the only person who seems to have gotten a grasp on the concept of working with the enemy to get the job done. Plus, California's already gone through another actor-turned politician and he ended up President for two terms.

Last edited by Tullaryx on Tue Nov 07, 2006 2:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Timbo

The Wandering Prophets

410837 Potch
300 Soldiers
835 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I voted about a hour ago. I voted for the democratic candidate, Heath Schuler, that was running against Charles Taylor, because Charles Taylor ran so many smear campaigns on TV that I was sick of him and it made me question his integrity.

Last edited by Timbo on Tue Nov 07, 2006 4:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Yvl

Sanctus

55224 Potch
1063 Soldiers
12421 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well that was fucking wonderful. I voted all democratic, and felt all good about it, then my mom decides to reveal to me that she voted all republican, essentially cancelling out my vote. Goddammit.

The Shins

247440 Potch
1500 Soldiers
400 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

My personal opinion is that it would be best for the democrats to take the house and senate because no president should really have their party there to pass laws even when they are fairly worthless.
Amyral

Windriders

544907 Potch
4066 Soldiers
620 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I mixed it up, voted democrat for governor, a few republicans for state senator, and mixed up the house votes.. Of course, now I only have a few hours before I have to drive an hour and a half to cover one campaign.
Tron Bonne

The party members you never use

579843 Potch
1000 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

well, i went to go vote today, and they wouldn't let me. they said i wasn't on the list, which is wrong, because when i moved, i registered to vote ONE YEAR AGO! not only that, but there was another voter who had been voting in the same location for the past 20 years, and he wasn't on the list either. it turns out lots of people who vote at this location have been having problems too. i'm looking for my voting card right now, and i'm going to go back there. if they still don't let me vote, then f*ck democracy. i'll never vote again.

Sanctus

55224 Potch
1063 Soldiers
12421 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The badguy from Tron wrote:
well, i went to go vote today, and they wouldn't let me. they said i wasn't on the list, which is wrong, because when i moved, i registered to vote ONE YEAR AGO! not only that, but there was another voter who had been voting in the same location for the past 20 years, and he wasn't on the list either. it turns out lots of people who vote at this location have been having problems too. i'm looking for my voting card right now, and i'm going to go back there. if they still don't let me vote, then f*ck democracy. i'll never vote again.

We had something similar happen, it turned out we had been redistrict'd. The people at our old location were kind enough to tell us the new location though.

579843 Potch
1000 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

well i could have voted, but i would have to drive 5 hours to the other side of the state to vote. and by the time i would get there, the poles would be closed. so yeah, i've lost all faith in voting. i won't even vote in online polls either.

New Gaien Wildcards

132495 Potch
1660 Soldiers
2625 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'd say something like "if the Republicans win I'm moving to Canada," but... I'm already in Canada! Guess I'll just watch the fireworks. Can't wait for The Daily Show's special tonight.

Seems like the more ground the Democrats take, the better the chances for an impeachment. Should be fun.
Tron Bonne

579843 Potch
1000 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

maybe, but impeachments take a long time. by the time we actually got around to the actual impeachment, bush would be close to ending his second term anyway.

Sanctus

55224 Potch
1063 Soldiers
12421 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:

maybe, but impeachments take a long time. by the time we actually got around to the actual impeachment, bush would be close to ending his second term anyway.

Better late than never, I guess. It would kill me to let him get off with all he's done.

Legions of Zontar-Killers

817540 Potch
25 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:
well i could have voted, but i would have to drive 5 hours to the other side of the state to vote. and by the time i would get there, the poles would be closed. so yeah, i've lost all faith in voting. i won't even vote in online polls either.

A lot of places will let you vote when something like this happens, and then upon verification that you do live where you say you live, they will count it. Its a shame they don't do that where you're from.

Of course, the whole system is really screwed up, considering all the problems we've had since the Bush-Gore elections. If there is one thing that needs to be reformed, this is it. It represents the basis on which this country was founded. If Americans lose faith in the vote, than they lose faith in America itself.

I changed the number on my phone so you can't call me up at home, and you can't say those
things to me, that make me fall down on my knees.

Yvl

Sanctus

55224 Potch
1063 Soldiers
12421 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:

Of course, the whole system is really screwed up, considering all the problems we've had since the Bush-Gore elections. If there is one thing that needs to be reformed, this is it. It represents the basis on which this country was founded. If Americans lose faith in the vote, than they lose faith in America itself.

The electoral vote SERIOUSLY needs to go as well. But there are much more screwed up areas of the government, though I suppose they aren't as important.

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, right now the democrats have a huge lead in the house (164 vs 137 seas) . They also have a very slight lead in the senate race, and as for the governor's races, dems seem to be quite successful. Lieberman seems to have beaten his opponents, being the only independent senate candidate to win during this midterm.

For my state of Ohio, the seat of governor, senator, and 7 house seats have already been won by dems. This is a rather drastic turn of events considering how these positions have been GOP for as long as I can recall (also, if you remember, Ohio was the final reason how Bush won in 2004, bu a 49% vs. 51% vote).
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Community Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 4 of 9

Jump to: