Suikoden Urgent and Infamous Kraalesque Objective Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Democrat or Republican? Who do you think will win?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Community Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sophita

The Wee Kitty Grand Duke Defense Brigade

498078 Potch
1330 Soldiers
2725 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

So it's official then, eh? Huzzah! Good to know our government's not entirely dominated by one party anymore. About frickin' time.

Edit: As far as Donald Rumsfield's resignation, he's just a scape goat. Bush is trying not to be put into the positon of a lame duck by an obstinate congress hell bent on not giving him anything he wants, so in my opinion, Rumsfield is being thrown out so he can be blamed for the Iraq war without condemning the rest of the administration. That's what it llooks like to me, anyway.

Tullaryx wrote:
George Allen was seen by some Republican strategists as a potential Presidential candidate in 2008.

Eh? George Allen? As in, Virginia's George Allen? This T racial-scandle riddled George Allen?

...Wow, do the Republicans just have no one to run in '08 that he was the best choice?

SCII month continues! DueFiumi.com
John Layfield wrote:
But bubbles... children love bubbles! XD

Last edited by Sophita on Thu Nov 09, 2006 12:05 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Bub

Sons of Thunder

59807 Potch
0 Soldiers
1894561 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:
...Wow, do the Republicans just have no one to run in '08 that he was the best choice?

No one really does.
I mean, isn't Hillary Clinton the top contender at the moment for the Democrats?
Whoever becomes President in 2008 is going to be a pretty weak President, I think.

Yvl

Sanctus

55224 Potch
1063 Soldiers
12421 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:

I mean, isn't Hillary Clinton the top contender at the moment for the Democrats?

Nobody that I know supports her. She seriously lacks the charisma to make it to the top. I don't think she'll even make it through the primaries. I'm still hoping Tom Ridge will suprise us and run in 2008. PA completely rocked while he was in office.

498078 Potch
1330 Soldiers
2725 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Bub wrote:
No one really does.
Whoever becomes President in 2008 is going to be a pretty weak President, I think.

I think Hilary would be a stupid one to run (she has a snowball's chance in well, a very hot place of winning), but surely she's better than a man who has made not one, but several gaffes that could be interpreted as racist?

I think it's too early to tell whether the president will be a weak one or not. I never would have guessed 6 years ago Bush would not only see us through 1 terrorist attack, take us through 2 wars, and appoint 2 supreme court justices, either.

John Layfield wrote:
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Thor McOdin

Stupid Sexy Flanders!

1757439 Potch
4444 Soldiers
4225 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think we should still savor this victory and not look to '08 just yet.

However...my gut tells me that Biden will try to exert some power in this newly formed Congress thereby proposing his intent to run. As much as I would like to see Obama, he probably needs another term under his belt.

Not all ninja codes are brewed equally. Here at Shinobi, we use the choicest Bavarian hops that are ripened to perfection. One sip and we will have you saying...nothing.
Masa

Fightin' Nac Mac Feegle

418570 Potch
0 Soldiers
10000 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

What we need about now is a Abraham Lincoln clone to lead the country. I mean, wouldn't that just be awesome? He'd also be all cool with cloning, so long as they get equal representation.

But anyways, even as a Conservative, I'm not at all upset about how it turned out. Although my values lie more along the Republican line, I think it's important that the balance of power is often shifted back and forth. I think the Republican party perhaps got a little bit too strong, which is never a good thing regardless of the party. Humans are prone to corruption and mistakes, regardless of what party lines they run by.

I also think Hillary would be a horrible candidate for the Democrats to go by. Granted, I can't think of a lot of good alternatives. It's too bad Arnold Schwarzenegger can't run. I think Republican Actor Presidents are where it's at, you know?

Sons of Thunder

59807 Potch
0 Soldiers
1894561 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Sophita wrote:

but surely she's better than a man who has made not one, but several gaffes that could be interpreted as racist?

Didn't Hillary get charged, or almost get charged (got out for being the First Lady) for something akin to money laundering or, extortion or something similar?

I guess it would be debatable which would be worse then.

I am going to go look this up.

MOD EDIT: Fixed your quote tags.
Sophita

498078 Potch
1330 Soldiers
2725 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Thor McOdin wrote:
As much as I would like to see Obama, he probably needs another term under his belt.

He might not wait.

Quote:
Didn't Hillary get charged, or almost get charged (got out for being the First Lady) for something akin to money laundering or, extortion or something similar?

Are you thinking about Whitewater?

I doubt she's innocent; but then, I kind of come from an area rather known for political scandals, so I kind of expect it from most if not all politicians.

John Layfield wrote:
Ninjar

The Shins

247440 Potch
1500 Soldiers
400 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 1:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Biden is running in '08 and I much prefer him to Hillary.

UQEEN Sophita wrote:
As far as Donald Rumsfield's resignation, he's just a scape goat. Bush is trying not to be put into the positon of a lame duck by an obstinate congress hell bent on not giving him anything he wants, so in my opinion, Rumsfield is being thrown out so he can be blamed for the Iraq war without condemning the rest of the administration. That's what it llooks like to me, anyway.

Although you have to remember that the replacement was around for the Iran/Contra scandal.

Last edited by Ninjar on Thu Nov 09, 2006 1:55 am; edited 2 times in total
Bub

Sons of Thunder

59807 Potch
0 Soldiers
1894561 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 1:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Sophita wrote:

Quote:

Are you thinking about Whitewater?

I doubt she's innocent; but then, I kind of come from an area rather known for political scandals, so I kind of expect it from most if not all politicians.

Yea I think that is what I was remembering.
And I completely agree with you. It is hard to become a politician, or at least a successful politician without lying and backstabbing your way through...not to mention the crimes they commit.
Amyral

Windriders

544907 Potch
4066 Soldiers
620 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 2:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hilary said she isn't going to run. Granted, she's a Clinton, so if she takes anything from her husband, she's turned lying into an art form.

I've heard a few things about Barack Obama running for the democrats, although he hasn't been around (and he's a minority), but he already knows how to dodge issues and appeal to the opposing party. He also has at least some charisma, which makes him a better presidential candidate than the past two the democrats have tried running.
Yvl

Sanctus

55224 Potch
1063 Soldiers
12421 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 2:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hell, I'd vote for him based on his name alone. That's fun to say!

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 3:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

With the election over and all the results in, this thread no longer serves it's purpose.

Goodbye, and we can do this again in 2008.

-closed-
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Community Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
Page 9 of 9

Jump to: