Suikoden Uncanny and Irrational Karma Omniscient Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Phase 13 - Amendment to naval rules
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Axiose

Altruistic Apparitions

100019091 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 7:52 pm    Post subject: Phase 13 - Amendment to naval rules Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Though the start of Phase 13 isn't due for a bit (while some technical issues are worked out) but I thought I'd let you in on a slight change to they navy rules. I'm sure most of you remember this? Well, forget most of that for the time being.

The naval rules are starting off slowly and just making use of the vessels that have been bought/found/stolen. Basically the rules will work thusly:
  • The Captain, Artillery and Marines can be changed at the latest by the DOI of that particular phase (you can submit the changes with your DOI). You can change them before DOIs are due, but not after. You'll have to wait until the end of the phase then to change the crew.

• Your DOI should otherwise remain unchanged. "Cyan will be launching a naval assault against the maritime territory outside of Magenta Bay". At the rosters/turn commands, all you would need to do is state what ship(s) you'll be sending to the battle at sea.

• You can only use the crew members currently on your available ships (that are fixed by the time of DOIs) to fight in the navy battle. Once Cyan has stated they'll be sending "The Fluff" against Magenta's port, then they cannot use the crew members anywhere else in the phase.

• If there are units assigned as crew members on a ship but you're not fighting a naval battle then they are free to be used anywhere else on land. If a navy battle is forfeited then you can reassign units in the same manner as you would do with a land battle.

• Once a naval dot has been taken and a nation can make landfall against the enemy's port, the ships are no longer needed for that particular assault.

• The type of ship used, the stats and the special of a particular ship are irrelevant at this moment to the naval battles.

• Ships can be leant by allies, but with only one unit as the Captain. The Artillery and Marines would have to be provided by the normal deadline (DOI).

• Mercenaries are free to hire their boats out to anyone. They don't have to be a member of the ship they're hiring out if they don't want to be - it's up to their own preference.

Basically, the battles will be fought the exact same way, but how many people you can send to a naval battle will depend on how many ships you have.

[Axiose] [Fliktor]
Shrew

The All-Star Rock n' Breakdance Electronic Band from Shenzhen

237023 Potch
110 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Uhhh... so let me get this straight. Naval battles are going to be fought like normal battles for now right? The only difference is that we can only use people on ships we send?

Like if I send "The Shrewheart" manned by Larry, Curly, and Mo and "The Chocolate Rabbit" manned by Jo, Mary, and Beth, then I can used any of those people at the battle. So my 1st turn could be Jo, Curly, and Larry. The positions (captain/artillery/marine) of the people don't matter right?

So basically, it just means that if a nation only has one ship, they can only send three people to a naval battle, right?

Fear our Vagueness.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Username

Kanaria, Most Intelligent Rozen Maiden

591783 Potch
0 Soldiers
4561620 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

This is a good change! It really adds some more depth to the naval battles, well not as much as Sars had planed to have up, but that's a buttload to put into place all at once so doing it bit by bit is really good news to everyone here ^^

Edit: I assume thier is a cap to how many ships you can send into one battle? Three?

The pursuit of symmetry... Death The Kid, Patty and Liz.

SSBB Friend Code: Ace / 4339-2163-7352
Parallax

Fighting 181st

1109279 Potch
250 Soldiers
3275 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Username wrote:
Edit: I assume thier is a cap to how many ships you can send into one battle? Three?

Since the battles are fought exactly the same, that means there is a roster limit of 9 units, just like there is for a land battle.

He's a victim - not a perp - and I'm choosing to let him go.
Masaya

Flying Fusillades

222963 Potch
75 Soldiers
3635 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

So if an ally lends a ship, they can only donate a captian. Then the country thats being lent to decides to two other crew members?

Also, New Armes being a New Nation, will we be granted a free ship or 1 per port?

Kanaria, Most Intelligent Rozen Maiden

591783 Potch
0 Soldiers
4561620 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Masaya wrote:
So if an ally lends a ship, they can only donate a captian. Then the country thats being lent to decides to two other crew members?

Also, New Armes being a New Nation, will we be granted a free ship or 1 per port?

Timbo told me that was the case, it's just been a non issue until now so they never got any when they were made.

The pursuit of symmetry... Death The Kid, Patty and Liz.

SSBB Friend Code: Ace / 4339-2163-7352
Axiose

Altruistic Apparitions

100019091 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 4:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Shrew wrote:
Like if I send "The Shrewheart" manned by Larry, Curly, and Mo and "The Chocolate Rabbit" manned by Jo, Mary, and Beth, then I can used any of those people at the battle. So my 1st turn could be Jo, Curly, and Larry. The positions (captain/artillery/marine) of the people don't matter right?

So basically, it just means that if a nation only has one ship, they can only send three people to a naval battle, right?

Correct on both counts!

Parallax wrote:

Parallax is correct in that the roster limit of 9 is still the same, but you could technically send 9 boats with 9 captains if you wanted to.

[Axiose] [Fliktor]
Solitude

Fallen Angels

495 Potch
125 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

So if a mercenary doesn't have to be a member of his ship then I am naturally assuming that he/she can hire their ship out to one nation and then hire themselves out to a completely different nation right?
Leb

Pizza Toppings

497133 Potch
936 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 1:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm not sure if I understand the role of a captain and the crew. There's no spcial tasks they have? It's just a fancy way of saying "three to a boat"?
fuji

9643133 Potch
16500 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 1:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I am also curious about the role marines and artillery fill. Are the regiment restrictions still present? Many nations have special regiments (not unique nation regiments); can the regiment list be updated to detail which regiments can fill the Marines and Artillery slots?

___ "That's not much"

"It's enough"
Shrew

The All-Star Rock n' Breakdance Electronic Band from Shenzhen

237023 Potch
110 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 1:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm pretty sure there's no difference right now about what the tasks do, and who needs fill them. I imagine their purpose will be introduced slowly over the next few phases.

But for now, it doesn't matter.

Fear our Vagueness.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Aurelien

1567728 Potch
0 Soldiers
157 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

To continue a question previously asked by Shrew, I'm wondering about the units used. If Cyan attacked Magenta's port by sending 3 ships but Magenta only has 1 ship, does this mean that it's going to be a battle of "9 Cyan units vs 3 Magenta units"?

~City-States of Jowston and Tinto Republic~
06.06.2004 - 20.01.2008

Vextor

11331071 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yes. It's basically the same as the way battles are fought on land. The only difference at this point is that you need ships to "carry" your regiments "to the battlefield."

And whether the folks are Captain, Marines, or Artillery doesn't matter at this point. It will matter some day (I hope), but not yet.
Axiose

Altruistic Apparitions

100019091 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 4:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Solitude - you can indeed hire your ship out to one nation and hire yourself out to another nation and then hire yourself out to a further nation for regional development.

[Axiose] [Fliktor]
Aurelien

1567728 Potch
0 Soldiers
157 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 6:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Got a few more questions:

1. Is there any plan to update the Vessel List in the near future? I don't think I've seen Jowston's ship there. I'm not sure if there are other nations who are still waiting for the list to be updated or not as well.

2. Hypothetically speaking, if Cyan only has 1 ship ("The Fluff") and their DoI was to attack Magenta's port on the south. But at the same time Orange attacked Cyan's port from the north for their DoI. Does this mean that Cyan can no longer defend their port in naval battle because they don't have any ship left? Or will Cyan then be given an option on whether they want to continue attacking Magenta or return to defend their port (since technically speaking, the ship hasn't left the port as long as roster hasn't been submitted yet)?

3. For example Red has 4 ships (total of 12 units on the ships) and involved in 1 naval battle. Red then chose to send all 4 ships to come up with the 9 units in the roster by mix-n-matching the 12 units. Can the 3 units that weren't used be used elsewhere? Or are they stuck and can't be used for the phase?

Thanks in advance for the answers.

~City-States of Jowston and Tinto Republic~
06.06.2004 - 20.01.2008

Last edited by Aurelien on Thu Nov 02, 2006 11:54 am; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Budehuc Castle All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: