Suikoden Ugly and Irenic Kibbutz Oblique Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Playing them all from the beginning...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Gameplay Questions & Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ujitsuna

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 6:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Sophita wrote:
It's worth noting some of those names won't fit in the boxes - North Window, for example.

Yes and it's strange how that becomes the default name in Suikoden III.
Justice Johnny

Crimson Grass

1177898 Potch
114 Soldiers
940 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 7:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Wataru wrote:
Quote:
while this is the only chance in the game to get Prosperity, so I always went for that

Actually, it's not. They are dropped by the Sirens outside Kalekka.

Yeah, and let me also note that you can buy Fortune Runes at a shop too (at Kirov, I think). They cost 50000 potch, if I recall correctly, so in the long run, it's much easier to get tons of Fortune runes than Prosperity runes. I have played Suikoden I about seven times, and never have the Sirens in my game dropped a Prosperity rune at all.

Can anyone confirm if you can get BOTH during the start of the game? What I mean is, if you go alone to Sarady and get the Fortune Rune, then go back to the McDohl household, get Ted, then go back to Sarady and talk to the man who gave the Fortune rune earlier, will he still give you a Prosperity rune or is it a no go?
Ujitsuna

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Highwind wrote:
Can anyone confirm if you can get BOTH during the start of the game? What I mean is, if you go alone to Sarady and get the Fortune Rune, then go back to the McDohl household, get Ted, then go back to Sarady and talk to the man who gave the Fortune rune earlier, will he still give you a Prosperity rune or is it a no go?

No, it has to be one or the other.
Gremio

147007 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Wes wrote:
Highwind wrote:

No, it has to be one or the other.

Prosperity then, definitely - I'm much in need for money at the beginning, and I never trust dropped items in a Suikoden - I believe I was never able to get another Phero rune after my first playthorugh. Some enemies actually seem to refuse releasing anything after a bit, I don't know exactly why. Maybe it's tied to your party average level or luck. Anyway the same goes with so-sought-after double-beat. Sometimes you are incredibly lucky with them, sometimes there's no way to get a single one no matter how many rabbits you kill.

But, I kind of like Suikoden this way. I was too anal during my Square days - always getting carefully all the dropped items and the stolen ones... it became annoying, so I prefer Suikoden where I already set my mind that I won't get everything in the game.

by the way, speaking of Double-beat: in which Suikoden games is present this rune? I certainly haven't found a single one in V and even in IV i don't remember it...
Justice Johnny

Crimson Grass

1177898 Potch
114 Soldiers
940 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Double-Beat exists only in I and II. In III, it disappeared, and was never brought back. I certainly could have used in it IV, but unfortunately, it also wasn't there. :( In Suikoden V... *highlight because I'm not sure if we're allowed to say this out loud* the Multi-strike Rune could pass off as a Double-Beat Rune, but there's only a 10% multi attack rate (not worth the 2x damage return, if you ask me).*end highlight*

With regards to Fortune/Prosperity, I pick Prosperity too. Twice the money you should have is always good. It was much easier to upgrade Pahn with the Prosperity rune in my inventory.
Wataru

The Light Fantastic

59113 Potch
0 Soldiers
515589 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Between the Prosperity Rune and Marco, money shouldn't be an issue in Suikoden 1 until after you finish with Scarleticia. I slap the Prosperity Rune on Gremio as soon as I am ready to head to Magician's Island. If this loser is going to lock himself in my party for half the game, he might as well net me some cash while he's sitting in the back row being a crappy fighter. I give him the Dragon Seal Incense once I get it so he can do something constructive with his turn.

PRAISE BE TO... GROOOWL RAINING BLOOD

506257 Potch
0 Soldiers
800 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'd also second the cohice of Prosperity. You'd want the best weapons, the best armor, and such at every point in the game, and cash is necessary. So go with cash. Fortune Rune may result in faster leveling, but if you fight more than usual for cash, you'd get more experience, anyway. So yeah, to the Prosperity. :D

Celes Tilly wrote:
If one of you were to ask, "Celes, what is Twisted Sister?" I would tell you God's honest truth.

"Butt rock."
Justice Johnny

Crimson Grass

1177898 Potch
114 Soldiers
940 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 6:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Wataru's statement reminded me of something. Do NOT give Gremio the Bilnking Mirror, or you're gonna have a headache the rest of the game after he dies. XD
Wataru

The Light Fantastic

59113 Potch
0 Soldiers
515589 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Of course, highwind, I strip the Rune of him in Antei after Kimberly and Tesla are recruited and the Incense comes off him right after Liukan is rescued.

147007 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Highwind wrote:
Double-Beat exists only in I and II. In III, it disappeared, and was never brought back. I certainly could have used in it IV, but unfortunately, it also wasn't there. :( In Suikoden V... *highlight because I'm not sure if we're allowed to say this out loud* the Multi-strike Rune could pass off as a Double-Beat Rune, but there's only a 10% multi attack rate (not worth the 2x damage return, if you ask me).*end highlight*

Ahh, too bad - Double-Beat was no doubt my favorite rune in SII. Coupled with Fury it made characters like Futch incredible fighters...

But, the only double-beat in Suikoden is the one Eikei has, right? But it doesn't work like in SII...

---

Anyway guys, I've reached the most dreaded moment in Suikoden - I've got past Kwaba, and now I must begin the quest for a Phero rune. I just want one for the sake of seeing it just once more. Why it's so difficult to obtain this item? Could it be that getting prosperity/fortune in the beginning prevents Beast Commanders to releases Phero runes?

Please, anyone who has something to say about Phero hunting, write and lend me a helping hand!
Justice Johnny

Crimson Grass

1177898 Potch
114 Soldiers
940 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

No, Phero Runes are just super damn rare. Much like the Prosperity Rune, I have never gotten one in all of my playthroughs, ever. I'm not sure about this, but you should try putting in high Luck characters in your party. Since you're early on in the game, just wait until you get those Luck characters like Meg, Gon, Hix and any two of Sheena, Juppo, Mina and Sylvina.
Wataru

The Light Fantastic

59113 Potch
0 Soldiers
515589 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I've gotten it twice. From the Beast Commander enemies near Seika/Kaku/Kouan. Other than the Goldlet from Gigantes (which I've gotten once) and the Resurrection Rune from the Whip Wolves near Qlon (that I've never gotten), it's the rarest drop I've encountered.

Bloody Mage

567 Potch
50 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 5:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

There is another methode to acquire money in Suikoden 1. Just gamble. If you already recruit the gambler (i forgot the name), increase your luck status. If you already finish playing. Save and gambling. You can get maximal money each time. If success, save again. If failed. turn off. Easy....
Lonelion

Lonelion's Naval Fleet.

4727 Potch
106 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 5:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I usually get the prosperity rune at the begining as well,some of them rare drop runes are a pain to get that phero rune is definitely one of them.

http://www.myspace.com/lonelion7769
http://www.duefiumi.com
http://z6.invisionfree.com/suikocross
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Ryusei

Kotetsu

114213 Potch
8500 Soldiers
510 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 5:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:
If you already recruit the gambler (i forgot the name)

That would be Gaspar or Marco. There are actually two gamblers in Suikoden I. Gaspar runs the Chinchirorin mini-game and Marco runs the "Where's the Coin" mini-game. I prefer gambling with Gaspar, since I think it's faster to earn potch with him than Marco. But if you have a really quick eyesight, you can go with Marco as well.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Gameplay Questions & Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: