Suikoden Uncanny and Inspirational Karma Oblique Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Pale Gate rune existed in Suikoden 4?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Gameplay Questions & Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fifth

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2005 6:21 am    Post subject: Pale Gate rune existed in Suikoden 4? Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I love Pale gate rune!!! it's one of my fave rune XD It's very powerful summoning rune. I'm a little disappointed when I finished suiko 4 game and still can't see this rune in ... anyone here got it? maybe i've missed it hehehe.
VikiFanatic

Keepers of Balance

841792 Potch
0 Soldiers
760 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2005 6:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

No there isn't one. As someone said before, the short rune animations here won't help the existance of the Pale Gate. I feel bad as well but it would take up too much memory in the CD.

I'm just happy *Blinking still exists! :D

Marshmallow

Shikigami

203358 Potch
110 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2005 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Blinking has very little use. Maybe if they added a fourth spell to it, it would be better, but for now, Soul Eater is waaaaay better, even in its dumbed down form.
Beecham

Wind In The Grass

33221 Potch
75 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2005 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

There's a thread listing every single Rune in this game [including mentioning the one Rune which was developed and then dropped from the game before being completed, the Resurrection Rune. Slightly upset about this, but I'll deal with it, I spose. I vaguely have to admit that it is much more useful in a game like GS2 when you had to deal with the undead slightly more often than in, say, GS4.

Then again, those bedamnable Ruins .... *has never forgiven Travis for that*

And for ease of use, a link! Suikoden 4 Full Runes List

EDIT: *mutters* Stupid thing put in an extra url tag. What, I'm not trusted to end my own tags? *kicks the stupid function*

Last edited by Beecham on Tue Feb 01, 2005 1:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Elc

Rebel of Babylon

1124503 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2005 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Actually, some rune animations would suit the Pale Gate rune, as the level 4 spell for the Rage rune has a somewhat summon-like animation as a red dragon appears to deliver the blow to the enemy. (far longer animation than most other rune attacks)

"You make me smash the clock and feel, I'd rather die behind the wheel.
Time was never on my side, So on I wait my whole lifetime."
Squirtle

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2005 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Final Flame, or whatever it's called, kinda scares me. I mean, the music stops, and all of a sudden this dragon, complete with screams of the damned, comes out and explodes the enemies. I can live with that, but, uh, why does it cause the battle music to stop? >_>
Carabbit

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2005 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The same reason the other lvl 4 spells cause music to stop: dramatics.

As for Pale Gate rune, I'd love to have seen it even if the summon spells were only a couple seconds long. Heck, I'd probably like it better that way. I never was into long spell animation, even for summons.
Thief

Truth

213998 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2005 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Maybe Pale/Blue Gate runes are nowhere to be found in the south (Toran and the Islands)? Like how Resurrecton runes are not available in the western half of the continent (Grasslands and the Islands)?

Just random thought from moi though.
Beecham

Wind In The Grass

33221 Potch
75 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2005 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Is that really the reason given by Konami? Interesting. I suppose it's reasonable.

One of the Runes I miss most is the Shield Rune, but that's just me.

So far, we've also seen lower leveled versions of the previous games' True Runes. The Blue/Pale Gate, of course, being one of them. Nothing from the Blue Moon Rune, though, sadly, but I wonder if we'll see mini-punishment Runes down the road. Course, Punishment already was sorta weak, dunno what I'd think of a downgraded one.
MMan9000

Animal Rangers

3075764 Potch
275 Soldiers
400 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2005 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

HMMM...you might have a point there. I guess I never thought of that before. It just seems that the Island Nations get the least amount of runes out there...

Official Smoke Bomb User

Space For Rent. Contact Me for Details
Milan Fiori

Vanguard Elite

715991 Potch
0 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2005 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I really miss the darkness rune, one of the bigger runes I used in two expecially with Sierra. I also miss the weapon only runes of S2, to be able attach a flowing rune to your Hero's weapons to help negate the effect of the punishment rune would be awesome. Mostly in New Game +.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Carabbit

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2005 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Harukaze wrote:

One of the Runes I miss most is the Shield Rune, but that's just me.

No, it's not just you. It's me too. That was a useful rune.
MMan9000

Animal Rangers

3075764 Potch
275 Soldiers
400 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2005 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

So is this the correct listings of mini-runes made from True Runes (not including the Suiko 3 true runes for obvious reasons...)

Soul Eater Rune- Darkness Rune (the death spell...)
Bright Shield Rune- Shield Rune
Gate Rune- Pale (Blue) Gate Rune?

This is the best I could think of. This might be sortof off-subject, but wasn't that Fog Ship guy from the same world that the summoned monsters from the Pale (Blue) gate rune came from?

Official Smoke Bomb User

Space For Rent. Contact Me for Details
Milan Fiori

Vanguard Elite

715991 Potch
0 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2005 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The sword runes and the shield rune don't come from the bright shield and blacksword I don't think they come from the combined rune of the beginning.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Fifth

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2005 4:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

*sigh* so Pale Gate really didn't exist in GS4 huhuhu :cry:. I miss the Bright Shield rune too, it's a very useful one coz it can heal and attack. GS4 really has a small number of good runes.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Gameplay Questions & Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: