Suikoden Utopian and Irrational Kriegspiel Omniscient Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

NBA Season 2006/2007
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Archy

PRAISE BE TO... GROOOWL RAINING BLOOD

506257 Potch
0 Soldiers
800 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2007 1:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

OH SNAP

Cavs win, Spurs win, what the hell? For the first time ever, all my picks lost! Impossible!

Anyhow, predictions:

Utah vs. San Antonio - For God's sake, Utah, win this series. Please. I don't want to see Duncan win another ring, Go Utah. Jazz in 7.

Detroit vs. Cleveland -Hmm, go with LeBron, or go with Detroit? Detroit obviously, this is their 5th consecutive Conference Finals appearance.

2003 - Lost to New Jersey, Conference Finals
2004 - Won, NBA Champions
2005 - NBA Finals, lost to S.A.
2006 - Lost to Miami, Conference Finals
2007 - Now

So yeah, I'm hoping for a Pistons win, long as Webber can finally advance to the NBA Finals. Uh, Pistons in 6.

Celes Tilly wrote:
If one of you were to ask, "Celes, what is Twisted Sister?" I would tell you God's honest truth.

"Butt rock."
Buff

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2007 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

i got detroit wining but they didn't win in 5 games. i do hope the jazz can take down the spurs and cleveland can take down detroit. i don't want to see the spurs and pistons in the finals.

Devoted protector of Ferid and Arshtat
Sai Fujiwara

Executors of Divine Providence

22038 Potch
0 Soldiers
5678 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2007 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Spurs / Pistons would be another boring finals. That's why I was hoping the Suns could eek it out, and shit... If they didn't wait to go down by 20 in the 4th, before turning their offense on, MAYBE they would've came away with it!

But, shit happens. Don't kid yourselves, though. All signs point to San Antonio facing off against Detroit in the finals, but we can look at each series for kicks, right?

(1) Detroit Pistons vs. (2) Cleveland Cavaliers

Well, it's the East's dominant team vs. "The One Man Show." Ok, honestly here... Do the Pistons really have to worry about anyone BUT LeBron?! Is Ilgauskas going to give them trouble? Does Eric Snow suddenly catch fire here...? I'll give you the answer. No. Detroit has a superior answer to every one of Cleveland's players at all positions WITH the exception of LeBron James. So, they'll have to play tough defense and make sure to hit thier shots when he's on the floor, that's about it. And as good as LeBron is, don't expect him to have that easy of a time working around Tayshaun Prince, because Prince is one of the best on defense in the NBA.

Pistons should win this in 4. We all know they won't, because they dick around. I honestly think that Chicago was a bigger threat than Cleveland was, because they can hurt you with more guys. Cleveland can't, unless they get lucky. The real pick is: Detroit advances in 6.

(3) San Antonio Spurs vs. (4) Utah Jazz

Can the Jazz finally do it without John Stockton now...?! HELL NO! They also have to first oust this dirty-playing San Antonio team and their dirty, dirty, dirty, dirty Horry. The Jazz should take a couple pages out of that dirty Horry's and Bruce Bowen's book of cheap-shots. Unlike with the Spurs / Suns series, Utah just might have to play dirty to win this series. Maybe a kick to the balls on Tony Parker or an elbow to the eye of Manu Ginobili, when the refs aren't looking. That could even things out for Utah. San Antonio boasts a superior backcourt over Utah. Mehmet Okur will be a huge advantage for the Jazz, but San Antonio's defense is going to be tough to score on all the time. Boozer against Duncan will be the most interesting matchup of the series, and one that Utah needs to win for them to advance.. Utah also has to hope for a lot of production out of Williams and Fisher, or this series will go nowhere for them fast.

The Pick: God, I so want to take Utah in 7. It IS possible, but that's also like dreaming for a miracle. But, fuck it. I'm gonna' do it anyway, because the best team doesn't always win. Where's Dallas right now when you need 'em?! That's what I'm saying. If Utah can come back like they did on Houston, that means that this team has a lot of fight in them. They also stuck it to the same team that put out the Mavs. I'm not saying the Spurs couldn't have done that, but the Jazz have done it, and now they're on a roll. And besides, picking Utah over San Antonio is far less of a miracle than Cleveland over Detroit. :P

Pistons in 6
Jazz in 7.

MARK IT DOWN! :P

Happily Married to the Lovely Lady Chris Lightfellow! :D
Buff

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2007 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

i'll go cleveland in 6 and jazz in 7.

dark-knight

Knights of the Dark

23181 Potch
50 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2007 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

it seems like everyone is tired of seeing the spurs and the pistons for the nth time on the finals. hahaha. go utah though i wouldnt have been cheering for them if the suns won that series against s.a. damn, both chicago and phoenix failed me. :P
Sai Fujiwara

22038 Potch
0 Soldiers
5678 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2007 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Um, I'm sorry but Detroit has only faced San Antonio one time in the NBA Finals.

blueflame

Blue Rookies

294148 Potch
4022 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Damn it seems like every team I picked this year loses. First, the lakers then the warriors then the bulls. I think I'll go cheer for the Jazz this time :P.
dark-knight

Knights of the Dark

23181 Potch
50 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 2:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:

Um, I'm sorry but Detroit has only faced San Antonio one time in the NBA Finals.

oh i was a little bit misunderstood but its just that every year they always almost make it or make it to the finals and im just longing for a finals without em. i know they didnt make it last year, im just looking for new faces to be champs. :P i think im just bitter that phoenix didnt make it to the finals. hahaha.
Buff

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 2:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

dark-knight wrote:
i think im just bitter that phoenix didnt make it to the finals. hahaha.

i've been wanting them to make it to the finals for the past three years now. sucks they can't make it. they are a much better team to watch than the spurs.

Sai Fujiwara

22038 Potch
0 Soldiers
5678 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, The Spurs are up 2-0 and so are the Pistons. I can't say this wasn't predictable, however I'd much rather see the Jazz up 2-0 or at least 1-1. They absolutely have to win both games in Utah to stand a chance in this one, much like the Cavaliers have to, if they're to stand a chance. Of course, I can't really see Cleveland eking out more than one game in Cleveland.

I've watched both games in Detroit, and as a Piston fan, I have to admit that I've been pretty disgusted with the offensive production of the Pistons. 79 points in each game is pretty lackluster for a club in it's 5th straight Eastern Conference Finals. Of course, this isn't JUST because the Pistons have sucked it up in the field, but Cleveland's defense has been troublesome. However, I have to say it's pretty asinine to double-team Billups, because if any one of Detroit's starting five is left open, they can easily tear it up. The first game, Rip Hamilton lit it up, and the second game (amazingly enough) Jason Maxiell came off the bench and played like a star.

I was surprised at how Cleveland did in the first game. LeBron didn't do shit, and it was Ilgauskas that was scoring points, and that first half really bugged the hell out of me because of how much better Cleveland out-rebounded Detroit. I can honestly say that wouldn't have happened, if Ben Wallace were still a Piston. Fortunately, they stepped up the defense in the second half and eked out a win, which should've been a blow-out, in my eyes. Especially with how utterly poor Cleveland has shot all game, AND how bad they played in the second-half.

I can't stress enough how much better Chicago's offense looked over Cleveland. After watching this, I can't imagine how ANYONE would want to see these fops take the court against the Western Conference Champions. (Jazz OR Spurs). I find it rather pathetic to watch one team only propelled around by the play of one man, and against a team like Detroit, it becomes so obvious. I'd like to point out two quotes from Dan Wetzel of Yahoo Sports.
Quote:
"Hey, rip the refs, lambaste LeBron, whatever. The reason Detroit won these two games is because no one from Cleveland other than their 22-year-old King is ready for prime time. Against a team as grizzled and confident as Detroit, that gets exposed in a hurry."

"The fact Cleveland was in these games is a testament to James' genius, Brown's defensive schemes and a Cavs team that plays loose in the early going. Unfortunately for them in crunch time, you can tell which group is in the conference finals for the first time and which is in it for fifth consecutive year."

I have to agree with this 100%. LeBron stepped it up a lot more in the second game, but his team just choked in the second half, leaving him to hang dry. Come on, Larry Hughes got a perfect look off of an offensive rebound to win it with 7.7 seconds left, only to put up a brick that Detroit grabbed. Mike Brown can bitch all he wants to about the lack of the call, but it shouldn't have mattered, if Hughes would've done his part.

And that's why I'm going to keep calling Cleveland "The One Man Show." Let's be honest about this, the reason they're the #2 seed in the East is NOT a testament to how much better they've gotten, it's a testament to how bad the East is. LeBron is a great player, but nobody else on that team can be called "great." Detroit will likely make a 6th, perhaps even 7th consecutive conference final, because the East is so bad. I hope this changes in the next couple years. Now, I do want to see Detroit go to NBA Finals every year, but it shouldn't be a joke. I give credit to Miami last year, who had a good team. I also give credit this year (begrudgingly) to Chicago, because they're an up and coming team. Even Washington has provided moments of excitement this year. It's too bad Arenas had to get hurt, or Cleveland might've seen a first-round exit.

Again, I want to stress that I have nothing against LeBron, but I think it's an awful story to see a team that isn't great succeed only because of ONE man. It should be a team effort, and that's what makes a team like Detroit so good in my eyes. The NBA ought to stop praising these super-stars, and start propping up the teams that play good TEAM basketball.

RedCydranth

Ice Dragons

3650446 Potch
194 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I knopw it is a bit late for my take on who will win the conference finals but here it is anyway.

Eastern Conference

Detroit Pistons vs. Cleveland Cavaliers

LeBron James is damned if he does and damned if he doesn't. I predicted that the Detroit Pistons would win this in 6. But it looks like it will be 4 maybe 5 if Cleveland can't pick it up at home. Game 1, LeBron James passed whn everyone says he should have taken the shot. He was criticized for it heavily. Game 2 rolled around and when it came to the similar pass or shoot scenario in the do or die situation, he went for the shot and missed. Its debatable if he was fouled or not, but now people are pissy at him for taking the shot. Pick your damned sides. I'm not a fan of LeBron James, but even I can see that he's the only one there trying to make a BIG difference in this series. Of course, its easy to point at various Cleveland players and spout they suck, when its more like Detroit's defense is geting the job done. Holding LeBron to 10 points and 19 points in those 2 opening games was pretty good. If only they could score more against the Cleveland Defense. But at thye end of the day, all that matters is that Detroit has the higher score.

San Antonio Spurs vs. Utah Jazz

Why do people say this San Antonio team is boring? Because they win every fricking night? Because Tim Duncan, Manu Ginobli and Tony Parker as a tandem is amazing? Because they routinely shut down the opposition and have full control over each game? Yeah, what a TERRIBLE team. Man, Teams should be more disorganized and sloppy like the Lakers. No, I'm sorry. I like the Spurs in this because they are the better more diciplined team. Yeah, some can say they fight a bit dirty, but last I checked, the players were men, and taking an elbow is part of the game. Knees to the crotch thogh, not so much. Utah is only this far because of a screwed up playoff system where they drew the Warriors instead of the Suns. We all know if the playoffs were set up like NFL or NHL we'd be seeing San Antonio versus Phoenix right now. Not that it would make a difference for the overall outcome, heh. Spurs take this series in 5

Sai, I too wish for the east to get back to its former glory. Remember the days when the Knicks, Bulls, Heat and Pacers were all good teams that could be in the finals? When the Cavaliers were a laughing stock and the best the West could throw was the Portland Trailblazers? It looks like the West will only get better too with Portland and Seattle getting the top picks in the draft. And unless we see someone blunder big time, that means Greg Oden and Kevin Durant will be in the west. Atlanta can build well with 2 draft picks in the first round. Atlanta can pick up 2 really good forwards with Yi Jianlian or Al Horford. Then with the 11th pick they might be able to snag Joakim Noah or Al Thorton if either of them are left. Thats 2 really skilled forwards. They can build a franchise around those two maybe pick up a decent center or a guard to help out Joe Johnson some more.

Really I don't see the east getting any better any time soon. The Heat and Chicago are still good. Chicago can only get better too. But aside from Detroit, Cleveland and Chicago, next year won't have any real competition in the east. Nets maybe, but Jason Kidd and Vince Carter are starting to age. If the Nets want to win one, next season is their best chance. But with the dominance Detroit and Chicago will have its gonna be tough.

Fantasy Football (NFL) Sign Ups in Sports Forum!
Buff

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

well the spurs made it to the finales once again. hopefully cleveland will be able to take out the pistons. well they really should of since the first two games they should of won.

jai

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

actually the cavs can do it, if they do great and excellent plays? they can go to finals...(but I feel sorry for Webber if they lose^_^)
Tullaryx

Custodiae Corvi

4092785 Potch
200 Soldiers
20 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, it looks like the Cavs may just do the impossible and knock off the Detroit Pistons. They're now up 3 games to 2 with game six heading back to Cleveland this Saturday. Lebron (I will not call him by that asinine nickname of his) really lit up the Pistons in Game 5. It didn't matter how well Tayshaun Prince guarded him, Lebron seemed to manhandle and juke Prince out of his shorts on almost every drive to the basket. If Lebron plays even just enough to replicate what he did in Game 5 then Pistons will be out 4 games to 2.

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

good cavs wins in double over time. like i said before the series should already be over. pretty funny how the pistons always seems to blow it when there in the conference finals.

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Sports All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 7 of 9

Jump to: