Suikoden Uncanny and Inspirational Keystone Original Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

NBA Season 2006/2007
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jai

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 4:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Honestly I hope the Golden States go to the finals but to much boozer(sorry for off topic,I just want to let it out) but woooooo..nicely done by Lebron, hope he can make it to the finals and win a championship ring.
Sai Fujiwara

Executors of Divine Providence

22038 Potch
0 Soldiers
5678 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Huh? :?

Buff wrote:
good cavs wins in double over time. like i said before the series should already be over. pretty funny how the pistons always seems to blow it when there in the conference finals.

Excuse me? I hate to break this to you but in 2003 and 2004, the Pistons were considered a LONG SHOT to even make the Conference Finals. They're sitting at 1 - 1 right now, when they're considered the favorites to win the Eastern Conference title, and even if they lost to Cleveland, it's still 1 - 2. Funny, last I checked, .500 was pretty awesome in Conference Championships, when you consider the weight involved with each title.

Anyway, it looks like Cleveland eeked out Game 5 in the Palace, but as awesome and incredible as LeBron James played at the end of the game, the damn victory is tainted no matter how you look at it.

I hate to bring shit like this up, because LeBron did something really special last night. I fucking hate that it's at the expense of the Detroit Pistons, but sometimes that's just how it goes down. As for why this victory is tainted, it's because Detroit forward Antonio McDyess was ejected late in the first quarter with a "flagrant-2," which was a total bullshit call, especially when you consider WHO the foul was against. I'm talking about that fucknut, flopping piece of shit, Anderson Verejao. EVERYBODY, and I mean EVERYBODY who remotely follows the Cleveland Cavaliers knows that this asshole always flops like he's some kind of pussy out there. It's sad, and the refs know it, too. SOMETIMES, he gets the benefit of the doubt, but it's stupid shit like flopping, that detracts from the game.

As for the actual hit, it was a bad one. I'm not going to say that McDyess didn't deserve a technical foul, or EVEN perhaps a flagrant call, but a flagrant-2 is complete bullshit. Even Doug Collins and Steve Kerr (calling the game on TNT) thought it was ridiculous. Doug Collins went as far to say that an ejection for that foul was uncalled for in a regular season matchup, let alone in a pivotal Game 5 in the Eastern Conference Finals. I have to agree, and it's not like that fuck, Verejao isn't known for flopping around the court, like a fish out of the water. What the fuck is wrong with that guy? Rasheed Wallace gets techs up the ass for whining, but I think Verejao ought to get them for his ridiculous flopping antics. But, for the record, Verejao was able to play the entire game, unhampered by any injury. What the fuck?! Isn't the NBA SUPPOSED to reserve those kinds of calls when a player INTENTIONALLY tries to injure another player?! There wasn't any intent to hurt. It was a hard foul, misplaced on the guy's neck, and he got up and walked away like it was nothing. That's all the real evidence you need to know that the flagrant-2 foul was total and 100% bullshit.

As for the "tainted" win, look at how CLOSE the game was. OK, if Cleveland blows out Detroit, McDyess does not make a huge difference, Cleveland would've won anyway, and I wouldn't complain as much about the call, because what the fuck would it have mattered?!

A TWO POINT victory in DOUBLE Overtime?! I kind of found it sad that Detroit couldn't do anything to contain James at all, but I have to give credit for an incredible performance by LeBron. He did an outstanding job, and I'm going to be a good sport about how well he played. However, you gotta' consider a couple aspects that would've changed things in a different light. First off, Detroit's last possession in regulation was a fucking dumbass, bonehead call. Billups for three?! WHY?! It's TIED!!! The OBVIOUS call is to get either Billups, Hamilton, Prince, or hell even Rasheed to DRIVE TO THE HOLE, GET THE CONTACT OR THE BASKET!!! If they call a charge, at least you TOOK A REAL SHOT AT IT!!! A three point attempt, even in the hands of Billups, has to have been one of the most asinine calls I've seen on the floor, and I dunno whether Billups wasn't thinking, or Flip fucked up... Someone else be the judge, but if Detroit goes to the line and hits ONE, the game is done.

Instead, it's the OT / LeBron James Show. And with as well as he's playing, if Antonio McDyess is in the lineup for that overtime game, I think it makes a two-point difference, if not even more than that. McDyess is one of Detroit's best defenders, and he can go at James with a lot more than Jason Maxiell can on the defensive end. McDyess also has moments of consistency on the offensive end, which Detroit was sorely lacking at times.

Well, I'm sure David Stern is pleased with his headline about how LeBron James is this "man-god" or whatever. He did play awesome at the end, but Cleveland does not deserve to walk away with that game. LeBron, perhaps, but where the fuck was the rest of the team? Enough said.

Of course, the series is far from over. I don't think Detroit will lose in Cleveland, but anything's possible. Detroit is by far the better team, so they should bounce back, but they also have to put their balls on the line to do it... Of course, it'll be good practice, because they wouldn't stand a snowball's chance in hell, if they don't do that to San Antonio.

One more point, I'd like to make is that all of the non Cleveland fans that want to see the Cavs in the finals should just give it a rest. I've watched all but one game of this series, and while Detroit doesn't have a guy like LeBron James, the Pistons are a more exciting team to watch. How?! Well, Cleveland also plays a lot of defensive basketball, and they tend to brick shots, like it's going out of style. AND, if LeBron is out of the equation, there is absolutely NO excitement there whatsoever. So, don't act all disappointed if Detroit wins, because they can put on the better show. Sure, it isn't like Phoenix out there, but hey. They have more than ONE man who can make a difference. :P

Happily Married to the Lovely Lady Chris Lightfellow! :D
Tullaryx

Custodiae Corvi

4092785 Potch
200 Soldiers
20 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, I'm neither for the Cavs or the Pistons since I don't think either team has enough to really take on the San Antonio Spurs who seem to be both unstoppable and lucky in equal amounts. And it looks like Sai should be adding Verejao in the other topic about hated sports people. :)

22038 Potch
0 Soldiers
5678 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The hair doesn't help either, Tull... Talk about a total joke of a player. Sure, he can move around a lot, but hell if I had a little better stamina, I could run around like a ferry and flop every time someone barely grazed me.

I guess you can give him credit for rebounding, since he does that marginally well... I just wish McDyess would've punched him in the face, if he was going to get ejected... Shit, make it worthwhile, or something... :P

Also, if I saw Drew Gooden in public, I'd attack him with a razor... What the hell is that shit on the back of his head?! Has anybody ELSE noticed that...?! How much WORSE would it look, if he didn't wear a headband! Besides, is he going to punch me for finishing the job...? I'M DOING YOU A DAMN FAVOR, YOU MISSED A SPOT! Man, I'm not exactly overflowing with Cavs hate here, but really... These guys look pretty sad out there, and it isn't like it's because they totally suck, because they really don't. (Look, they got LeBron, right?) No, it's cause these guys actually LOOK sad! :shock: On top of that, Ilgauskas is fucking BALDING out there!!!

Oh yeah, then there's Damon "I'm a fucknut" Jones... Yeah, the self-proclaimed "best shooter in the NBA." Funny, don't you think he'd start AND play more than five to ten minutes a game if he was...? I also noticed him bricking a few shots during last night's game, which is always a pleasurable experience.

Anyway, if justice prevails, Detroit will at least force a game 7. I'd only accept Cleveland winning this series if either Detroit plays like shit, or Cleveland manages to bury them for a game. I can't imagine the latter happening, so hopefully Detroit... WON'T play like shit. :P

Tullaryx

Custodiae Corvi

4092785 Potch
200 Soldiers
20 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, it's official now. The San Antonio Spurs will be meeting the Cleveland Cavaliers for the NBA Finals. I think this game 6 really shows that Cleveland may have been the better team. I mean they pretty much ran away with the Pistons playing at full-strenght.

Kotetsu

114213 Potch
8500 Soldiers
510 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The Cavs finished off Detroit in game 6 of the Eastern Conference finals just recently 98-82, and are going to make their first NBA finals appearance. LeBron James was great as usual, but Daniel Gibson was just superb with 31 points.

Well, what are your thoughts for this years' NBA finals? I personally am rooting for Cleveland to win the title this year, but with San Antonio with their opponent, I don't think it'll be that easy, and will most likely be favorites for winning the championship. But I just plain don't like San Antonio, and I like the Cavs, so I guess I'll be picking the underdog team to win the title this year. Cavs in 7 for me.
Archy

PRAISE BE TO... GROOOWL RAINING BLOOD

506257 Potch
0 Soldiers
800 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 7:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

omfg i don't believe it.

The player I hate vs. the team I hate. This has got to be the most uninteresting NBA Finals I'm going to see.

Go go... Golden State? Yeah. >.>

Celes Tilly wrote:
If one of you were to ask, "Celes, what is Twisted Sister?" I would tell you God's honest truth.

"Butt rock."
Buff

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

huzaah detroit is out of the finals. even though i rather see the title stay in the west i rather see cleveland win than the spurs.

Devoted protector of Ferid and Arshtat
Sai Fujiwara

22038 Potch
0 Soldiers
5678 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I don't know what to say. Unfortunately I was out of town and couldn't catch Game 6, but from what I've read and heard, Cleveland came out with a solid win. 3 - 2, huh? Well, either way you look at it, Cleveland wins three legitimate games against the Pistons, while the two that Detroit DID win were games where the Pistons looked like shit. It's no wonder "The One Man Show" was able to pull off the miracle. I didn't see a whole ton of energy from the Pistons in this series, and that's a shame when you consider that they ousted a better team in this year's Chicago Bulls.

But, here's the thing that bothers me more than anything about the Pistons. Lack of fervor. Does anybody else seem to notice this, or is it just because I'm a Piston fan that I see this. There's no question that Detroit SHOULD be re-shuffled after this year. I wouldn't look for them to be a great force in the East next year, UNLESS they manage to pull off some incredible trades, sign some key free-agents and / or catch a boon in this year's draft. Hell, I hope it happens, but let's be realistic here.

As for the reasons for this lack of championship zeal, it seems to me that Flip Saunders may be the cause. I can't say this for sure, but they definitely had a desire to win when Ben Wallace was on the team, and Larry Brown was coaching. Shit, Bill Davidson (Pistons Owner) might have done well to consider throwing money at Billy Donovan like Orlando did. However, even though Flip doesn't strike me as "Mr. Charisma," it doesn't seem like Larry Brown was that cause either. I'm thinking it had more to do with Ben Wallace.

So if it is the players, then the Pistons need to look at getting a guy that'll lead and fire up the Pistons. Billups is too quiet of a guy to do it on his own, and if worse comes to worse, maybe he should be let go also. The only KEY players that ought to remain FOR SURE on the Piston Team are both Antonio McDyess and Tayshaun Prince. More emphasis on Prince, though. Tayshaun is one of the most consistent offensive weapons that the Pistons have. There are times when he looks better than both Rip Hamilton and Chauncey. Not only that, he's their best defender by far. I love Rasheed, but he's mental, and while he's SO capapable of coming in and dominating a basketball game, his head just isn't there anymore, so it isn't worth it, if he's not going to produce. McDyess also brings quality defense to the team, and like Tayshaun, he ALWAYS plays his ass off, because he wants that ring. It's unfortunate, but I don't know if I can say that about the rest of the guys.

Also, it sucks that Mehmet Okur isn't in the Piston lineup anymore. We don't need Webber, who's halfway-decent at best, anymore. It's time for a real center. Hell, I'd be happier with Cleveland's Ilgauskas, right about now...

But, enough of that. I got annoyed hearing about stupid ass Kobe Bryant, 'cause he isn't playing anymore (this year), so it's time to get down to business and once again... Talk about those who are.

The NBA Finals

East #2 Cleveland Cavaliers vs. West #3 San Antonio Spurs

I'm going with what's GOING to happen, before covering what I WANT to happen. And, unfortunately, this series could get ugly. I don't know if that Gibson guy can continue to play like a star, as he did against the Pistons, because San Antonio is KNOWN for their stiff defense. Sure, so are the Pistons, but if one aspect of their game is suffering without him, everybody knows it's their defense. Also, add in Flip Saunders' offensive minded schemes, then it becomes clear that San Antonio now sports the superior defense. Cleveland knows how to play defense too, but they'll need to key in on MORE than one man. San Antonio won't, unless Gibson starts lighting it up, or Ilgauskas gets on a hot streak.

With a superior defense, and a superior offense, there is absolutely no question as to who ought to win this series. Hands-down, it will be a blowout. Here's a question that every intelligent basketball fan ought to ask themselves - At this point in their careers, is LeBron James really better than Tim Duncan? And EVEN IF that answer is "yes," does Cleveland have what it takes to outscore Duncan, Ginobili, and Parker...? I think the resounding answer is a most definite - NO. No fucking way in hell. Damon Jones is not the NBA's best shooter, but if he were, they'd stand a chance in hell in this one. I just don't see it happening. Not only that... I don't think it will be pretty, either.

The Prediction - Ok, ok, call me an asshole, hater, or whatever the fuck makes you happy here, but it's going to be San Antonio in 4. Yes. A sweep. One man can't beat a good team... And a good team with a fire lit under their asses. Detroit did not have that this year. San Antonio does, and they're even willing to play dirty. (Just ask Steve Nash.)

Here's what I hope happens, though...

Cleveland in 7. There's no way in hell the Cavs could do better than this. If they pull off another miracle, San Antonio won't just roll over and play dead for them in the final quarter of a game 6... The Spurs work too hard, and are too driven to win. However, it's that quality that made the Cavaliers knock off the Pistons. The desire to win, and I think that intangible is going to be the X-factor in this series. If Cleveland can focus enough energy around LeBron, and if Gibson can play like he did against the Pistons, to take the heat off of James, then there is a chance. An infinitesimal chance, BUT a chance nonetheless.

The Cavs to beat the Pistons were about as long-shot as it gets. On paper, Detroit should win in 4. In this, on paper, San Antonio should DOMINATE in 4. Games aren't played on paper, though. Maybe Ilgauskas can grab a million rebounds, James can dunk it a million times, and Gibson can sink a million three-pointers... Also, it would be damn amusing to see Robert Horry deliver a cheap-shot to Anderson Verejao, and for Verejao to sell the ultimate flop that gets the Dirty Horry ejected from the Finals.

Hell, who knows... If that can happen, maybe with time ticking away in the 4th quarter of game 7 in San Antonio... Cleveland down 103 - 105... That dumb piece of shit, Damon Jones, can put up a three to win it and "re-claim" his self-proclaimed title of "best shooter in the NBA."

Yeah, that's the kind of shit dreams are made of there... :P

Realistically speaking, Cleveland needs their rebounding to fire on all cylinders, and on BOTH sides of the ball. Bruce Bowen will give LeBron hell, and he'll probably fuck with him, much the way he did with Steve Nash. If Gibson lights it up, Bowen goes to him, which means that it's really only Duncan that can stop James at that point. There's NO question, Gibson has to become the "other star" on the Cavs, so James isn't just shut down, because San Antoino will be able to, if he's their only go-to guy.

Damon Jones and Eric Snow also have to... DO SOMETHING!!! Hughes can also NOT afford to fuck up the open clutch rebound shots against San Antonio, because the Spurs will likely take advantage of every opportunity. If both Jones and Snow can hit some jumpers to spread out the defense, then James will be able to do his thing, and if he misses a few shots, Ilgauskas needs to be at the hole, to tap that shit in.

Defensively, I think Cleveland can AT LEAST slow down the Spurs, and create some turnovers. If Verejao makes an ass out of himself some more, maybe they'll get a foul on Bowen or Ginobili. Duncan will be VERY hard to sell a foul on, though, because he's got way too much class. Still, I contend that if LeBron MUST outplay his counterpart here. If Drew Gooden can also put down some surprise baskets, it'll be a series. But, I still say this is a long-shot... Because ALL of the above must happen. It can't be one, or two of them... Nope, all. Or it's San Antonio in 4.

I'll definitely watch this, because while it shouldn't be interesting... It just might be. And no, I'm not going to watch it to cheer on LeBron, or to blow my load every time he touches the ball, like David Stern wants every good NBA fan to... Nope, I want to see who has the bigger balls in this series. That's who'll win.

But, then again, that's just my opinion... I could be wrong. :P

Ryusei

Kotetsu

114213 Potch
8500 Soldiers
510 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, it seems that the Cavaliers are on the brink of elimination now. San Antonio is up, three to nothing in the NBA Finals, and it looks like they're taking the title once more this year.

It's what I expected to happen though. But it's not what I wanted to happen. I don't deny the fact that Cleveland still has a chance to redeem itself in this series, but to be honest I don't think that will be the case. There is still a small chance that Cleveland would get lucky and win the next 4 games, but I don't think it'll happen. No one has been able to bounce back from 3-0 and win the series, especially in a Finals series and I don't think Cleveland would be the first one to do so. I really wanted to see Cleveland take the title this year, but chances are very very slim at best, considering who they're up against and the current situation of the series.
Buff

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

plain and simple the cavs are done.

Devoted protector of Ferid and Arshtat
Tullaryx

Custodiae Corvi

4092785 Potch
200 Soldiers
20 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Did anyone even honestly believe that Cleveland or even Detroit had a chance against the San Antonio Spurs? Everyone knew that the West had eight teams that could match-up pretty well with the eight teams in the East who went to the playoffs. I'd eve dare say that my beloved Golden State Warriors would be up at least two games to one if they were playing the Cavaliers right now.

If I was the Spurs I won't even make Game 4 a close game. I say go for the jugular and just make the game over by half-time. They can do this and Popovich is enough of a perfectionist that they won't let up with a big lead like they did in Game 3. The Cavs without LeBron James on the floor probably won't beat the latest Florida Championship team.

22038 Potch
0 Soldiers
5678 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think Detroit stood a chance, because Detroit can play defense enough to keep San Antonio from blowing them out, AND they have an offense that IS capable of putting up lots of points and even outscoring the Spurs. They sucked the big one against the Cavs, and Cleveland really outplayed them with heart. Hell, Cleveland really outplayed the Spurs in Game 3, but it came down to NOT BEING ABLE TO BUY A SHOT!!! That's what got Detroit eliminated, and that's what's going to deliver the trophy to San Antonio.

Detroit could've beaten San Antonio in 6, even though it would've been tough to beat the Spurs. Cleveland would've needed a miracle, but they nearly brought some life back into it last night. Come on, there was some bad officiating in that game too, but to be truthful, bad calls were and were not being made on both teams out there. That's just the way the dice roll sometimes.

Tullaryx

Custodiae Corvi

4092785 Potch
200 Soldiers
20 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 2:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, the San Antonio Spurs just made their fourth championship official. It's not too farfetch to say that this team has a great chance to repeat next year if Duncan remains healthy. The core of their team is intact with Parker still hitting his prime. Oberto should improve for next season and he's shown that he can be a pain for the opposing big men down low. He doesn't score many points but like his countryman, Ginobli, he can get on the nerves of the opposing forwards and centers.

If they do repeat next year then they should be considered a dynasty. Hell, I can see at least two more rings for Duncan if not three more.

Kotetsu

114213 Potch
8500 Soldiers
510 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Everybody expected it to happen anyway, so it's not really a surprise to see San Antonio sweep the series against the Cavaliers. They're just too good and experienced for Cleveland to stand a chance against them. I guess Cleveland didn't have what it takes to contain the Spurs in this series. Oh well, I guess there's still the next season for the Cavs to build up a better and more experienced team. I can see a lot of potential for LeBron's career in the future.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Sports All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 8 of 9

Jump to: