Suikoden Urgent and Illusional Karma Omniscient Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Impending change with stats
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vextor

11326166 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 7:04 pm    Post subject: Impending change with stats Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Phase 12 was a testing phase for me to analyze the effects of stats and how things should go from here. The result is that the effect of victory counts must change.

Currently, as many of you know, victory counts affect the STR stat disproportionately. This is increasingly becoming a problem not only in duels, but also in regiment power balances. The importance of other stats have become diminished as people accumulate more victory counts.

Victory count currently factors into each member's experience and STR. However, both of these will be eliminated: victory counts will only affect regiment attack, regiment defense, and leadership. This will result in a very drastic change to your individual stats, but this also means that victory counts will bring better benefits for those who have regiment types that do not rely on the STR stats, and those that do rely on STR will basically get the same bang for the buck. However, duel results will likely change as a result of this, because MAG will be barely affected through this change.

This change will be active from phase 13.

Along with this change, I'll be redoing some of the regiment stats, so expect some irregularities as I go around testing stuff.
Sage

The Invincible Weeds

803820 Potch
0 Soldiers
2 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:
those that do rely on STR will basically get the same bang for the buck.

Just for clarification, the drop one would normally experience for a STR-based regiment when their STR drops will be counteracted by the fact that their victories now factor into leadership directly? So, this isn't going to totally screw up a nation's army is basically what I'm asking.

11326166 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yes, exactly.
Kalidor

Blazing Conflagration

1542036 Potch
308 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 4:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Mmmm, I really like the sound of this change. It will give a more even playing field to the magic using units. I look forward to seeing just how the changes work out, Vector.
Archy

PRAISE BE TO... GROOOWL RAINING BLOOD

506257 Potch
0 Soldiers
800 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, I did think it was quite odd that my strength suddenly just kazoomed up after that victory. Which is abit usefless to me, seeing as how as I'm a magician.

And, ah, it will come into effect starting Phase 13, so I suppose that doesn't change any of my stats gains for Phase 12.

Good to know about this, I am a Magician regiment after all. :D

Celes Tilly wrote:
If one of you were to ask, "Celes, what is Twisted Sister?" I would tell you God's honest truth.

"Butt rock."
eXistence of Fly

Pointy Sticks & Ponies!

1155138 Potch
7700 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

arch_wooohh wrote:
Well, I did think it was quite odd that my strength suddenly just kazoomed up after that victory. Which is abit usefless to me, seeing as how as I'm a magician.

And, ah, it will come into effect starting Phase 13, so I suppose that doesn't change any of my stats gains for Phase 12.

You and I also gained 4 levels because of the exp bonus, and thats quite a hefty leap for just 1 VC.

11326166 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

arch_wooohh wrote:

This is the type of stuff this change will correct. Victory counts will basically raise your regiment's power regardless of what your current stats are. Of course, if your stats are better suite for the regiment, the effect will be greater, but we won't have the situation where victory counts do jack for magician regiments, while it does incredible stuff for pikemen and other STR-based regiments.

Duels will be affected, and some of you have already seen some of the effects of this in the duel engine. These changes are not final either; I'm testing stuff further on a separate server.

Again, nothing is final at this point.

Let me just make sure once again--

Nothing is final at this point.
Tony Stark

War Machine

536068 Potch
250 Soldiers
1600 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 1:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Question: Will victories still affect EXP, or is this just mostly a STR-based change?

1st H.A.C - Spread Your Love

314554 Potch
0 Soldiers
400 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 1:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Brecht says:
Quote:
Question: Will victories still affect EXP, or is this just mostly a STR-based change?

The Big V says:
Quote:
Victory count currently factors into each member's experience and STR. However, both of these will be eliminated: victory counts will only affect regiment attack, regiment defense, and leadership.

A big zero on that, B-Unit, try reading left-to-right from now on ;)

EDIT: Am I imagining things, or did everyone in Mountain Cavalry get a nice LD boost today? Servo went up 9 points, and Axiose moved up 8, and I think Highwind also moved a few. Is this real?

Last edited by Vincent Chase on Fri Oct 27, 2006 3:22 am; edited 1 time in total
Parallax

Fighting 181st

1109279 Potch
250 Soldiers
3275 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 1:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Bah!

Vincent Chase totally walloped me on the draw there.

He's a victim - not a perp - and I'm choosing to let him go.
Axiose

Altruistic Apparitions

100019091 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Vincent Chase wrote:
EDIT: Am I imagining things, or did everyone in Mountain Cavalry get a nice LD boost today? Servo went up 9 points, and Axiose moved up 8, and I think Highwind also moved a few. Is this real?

Vector Xthonic wrote:

Let me just make sure once again--

Nothing is final at this point.

I think there will be many leadership fluctuations until everything is finalised.

[Axiose] [Fliktor]
Vextor

11326166 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

After testing stuff, it seems like the change I envisioned simply doesn't balance out. Because of this, I'll be changing my original plan. More details later.

P.S: This also means Phase 13 will be delayed further.
Elc

Rebel of Babylon

1127979 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Take all the time you need, there's no rush. I can't speak for the others, but I'd rather sit through a delay so things can be done right than jump right into another phase and have things off kilter.

"You make me smash the clock and feel, I'd rather die behind the wheel.
Time was never on my side, So on I wait my whole lifetime."
Scarlet Assassin

Disciples of Death

331436 Potch
0 Soldiers
2442517 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

This will also give me time to perfect my nefarious plots. MUAHAHA.

Seriously though Sars, no one is going to be upset by a delay.

Chief of Beat-em-up Honeys Division, Devoted Protector of Lady Tifa Lockhart
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Vextor

11326166 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm going to delay stat changes until the beginning of phase 14, due to the fact that most of my time last week has been spent dealing with other database issues. Stats for phase 13 will thus remain status quo.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Budehuc Castle All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: