Suikoden Ugly and Informational Karma Objective Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Does anyone else want to load save data?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden VI Speculation & Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Do you want to load save data to VI?
Yes
82%
 82%  [ 29 ]
No
17%
 17%  [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 35

Jorge Prima

La Raza de Héroes y Protectores de Osito

938390 Potch
1120 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 10:45 pm    Post subject: Does anyone else want to load save data? Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The things that made me like suikoden I, II, and III so much, was the fact that I could load my save data and get some special item/charaters. I was very upset when I found out that I couldn't load my data from suikoden III to IV. Of course, the whole tactics thing made it up for me.

I was equally distressed when V came around, and you couldn't load suikoden IV to V.

I for one, am tired of not being able to load save data. It's the feeling of continuation that made suikoden a winner for me. They might as well through out the whole SOD thing too!

J et J

Angelus on Aftershave wrote:
But it stings SO GOOD.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Yvl

Sanctus

55224 Potch
1063 Soldiers
12421 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'd actually like there to be more to import, like relations with other characters and such. That's part of what made me like Quest for Glory so much, you could keep the same character through all 5 of the games, and unlock a new job if you did the right things in one of the games.

The Guillotine Order

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Having the ability to load old save data would be great. I always thought that was one of the fun features of the series. It was an added reward to completing the game that was a great perk for the true fans of the series. I would much rather have save data carry over to VI than to have a new game + mode.
Elc

Rebel of Babylon

1121979 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

If it takes place not too longer after, or at least chronologically after, Suikoden V then a data transfer feature would be a great idea. Depending on the number of returning characters, it could function much the same as the data transfer from Suikoden I and II.

"You make me smash the clock and feel, I'd rather die behind the wheel.
Time was never on my side, So on I wait my whole lifetime."
Fudozukushi

The Fudozukushi Minion Army!

1081375 Potch
250 Soldiers
143 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I hope we get to load up Suikoden V data, the rest I care little for.
Kain

Desert Claw

297869 Potch
75 Soldiers
1196 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

for me if there are conection with suikoden V i would yes. somehow the game getting interesting when old hero join force...

Pointy Sticks & Ponies!

1151694 Potch
7700 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well it doesnt worry me that much considering 3 was never released here and save data is region specific, im liking the new game plus rather then the current system that was exporting data for minimal reward. Perhaps, as Yvl has stated they expand upon the feature then id be more inclined to be upset if it wasnt there or replaced, but as it stands now theres really not much to be missed if you dont load it.

Radical Dreamers

167582 Potch
43 Soldiers
1337 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I view this in the same way that I view airships in the newer final fantasy games (JUST LET US DAMN WELL FLY AROUND IN THEM!). It's obviously not critical to my enjoyment of a suikoden game but it's a nice perk and a good reason to go back and play the previous games (for those who come in late to the series). Hopefully they do include it in Suikoden VI and hopefully the bonus is a secret character (like getting to use an older Frey).

There could be an issue in getting your save game data on the PS3, I'm not sure if it has memory card slots.
Geddoe

Eyepatches of the Faith

397934 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 1:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

That would be some insane stuff.

Let's say you still have that ol skool memory card that has the Suikoden I and II and III save on it, and you plug it into Suikoden VI, while having the other saves [IV and tactics] on there.

That's just bananas. Can you imagine the spirals of plot that you could come up with from loading any one of those saves to what we all think VI might be?

Me myself, I'd like to see a continuation on the III timeline. [No. I don't want to see what happens to the True Lightning Rune. Not at all.] But honestly, I would like to see some representation of III's legacy, so a III save wouldn't hurt at all.

Lilly's Loyal Guards

701224 Potch
200 Soldiers
32 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 1:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Maria *cough* Jorge wrote:
the fact that I could load my save data and get some special item

I can get an item? What item was that?

Well, personally, if they can add BOTH new game+ and save data from previous game, then that'll be great. If they can only add one, fine. If neither... well, I'll still play it, anyway.

So, yes, it adds enjoyment to the game.

La Raza de Héroes y Protectores de Osito

938390 Potch
1120 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 2:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Lilly wrote wrote:

I can get an item? What item was that?

A Recipe in suikoden II, and some Theater scripts for suikoden III

J et J

Angelus on Aftershave wrote:
But it stings SO GOOD.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Thief

Truth

213998 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 4:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

And two bonus playable characters in Rhapsodia.

It would be interesting to see how save data loading would come into play if Suikoden VI is indeed headed for the Wii, like the other topic claims.
Archy

PRAISE BE TO... GROOOWL RAINING BLOOD

506257 Potch
0 Soldiers
800 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 5:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Course I want to load saved data. Preferably from IV, Tactics, V or maybe even all three.

I like using saves from another game into a new game, just so it's still worth something and wouldn't give me a reason to delete it.

Celes Tilly wrote:
If one of you were to ask, "Celes, what is Twisted Sister?" I would tell you God's honest truth.

"Butt rock."
Hawk Thanatos

Radical Dreamers

167582 Potch
43 Soldiers
1337 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 5:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Thief wrote:
And two bonus playable characters in Rhapsodia.

It would be interesting to see how save data loading would come into play if Suikoden VI is indeed headed for the Wii, like the other topic claims.

The other topic doesn't know what it's talking about. And even if it does and Suikoden does go to the Wii, Konami aren't going to bother with putting in a data transfer option, it's questionable whether they'd bother for the PS3 either.
Eden

Private Godwin Army

558571 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 5:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I would like to load data once! I haven't finished Suikoden I until now (don't ask me why... I suppose I will do it someday). I played Suikoden II half a dozen times or a bit more... sadly, Suikoden III isn't out in my country and since Suikoden II is PAL and III is NTSC I can't load the data... again. It didn't work with Suikoden IV and I haven't played Tactics yet, so again no data load. Suikoden IV to V was not to load.
You see? I would like to load up data from V to VI.

The Fool
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden VI Speculation & Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: