Suikoden Ugly and Illusional Kosher Original Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Levelling up...
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Gameplay Questions & Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Noot

Faithers of the Defend

186551 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2005 5:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Also, the characters who appear in the Training Hall battles are the ones who are NOT already in one of your 3 ship parties. What you should do is put all the really fast ones into the ship parties 1 and 2 (i.e. Mizuki, Kate, Lo Hak, Gau, Viki for her annoying Blinking rune, among others). Then once you equip 3 speed rings on the hero (and whoever you want to level up) you should be able to whipe them all out before they get a chance.

I tried to level up the Hero and Ted this way, but it was taking too long (I didn't have optimal equipment) and I wanted to end the game to get to New Game+. I'll probably do it on this playthrough though.

It's hard to bargle naudle zauss with all these marbles in my mouth.
Beecham

Wind In The Grass

33221 Potch
75 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2005 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Nutflush wrote:
Also, the characters who appear in the Training Hall battles are the ones who are NOT already in one of your 3 ship parties. What you should do is put all the really fast ones into the ship parties 1 and 2 (i.e. Mizuki, Kate, Lo Hak, Gau, Viki for her annoying Blinking rune, among others). Then once you equip 3 speed rings on the hero (and whoever you want to level up) you should be able to whipe them all out before they get a chance.

I tried to level up the Hero and Ted this way, but it was taking too long (I didn't have optimal equipment) and I wanted to end the game to get to New Game+. I'll probably do it on this playthrough though.

I never thought of that. Prolly should have since now that you say it, I think it was recommended in the Level 99 guide, but, well, that's my memory for you. Anyway, I started to read your post, and was halfway through saying "duh" when I realized what you were saying. And if you wonder how I could have made that revelation half-way through the word duh - which is, after all, pretty short ;) - it's because I was being dumb and thought "Of course you're not going to fight the people in your own party" and then got to the "or the other two Ship Parties" part. Whee.

I think I spent the money on those speed rings, then never got around to using them much, and found to my great disgust that they didn't carry over to the new game+. I would just have waited to buy them the next time around and kept the damned 60,000 potch, if I had only known. So to anyone reading this, make sure you buy those rings on the playthrough that you actually intend to go through the whole Level99 thing. 60,000 potch prolly ain't worth it otherwise.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Gameplay Questions & Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: